It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catalan referendum: Region's independence 'in matter of days'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

In his first interview since Sunday's referendum, Carles Puigdemont said his government would "act at the end of this week or the beginning of next".

Meanwhile, Spain's King Felipe VI said organisers of the vote put themselves "outside the law".

He said the situation in Spain was "extremely serious", calling for unity. Hundreds of thousands of people across Catalonia have been protesting over Spanish police violence during the vote, during which nearly 900 people were hurt. During the vote, 33 police officers were also injured, local medical officials said.

www.bbc.com...

Now I wonder, how much guns do the Catalans have? I'm pretty sure Spain is gonna send tanks to the streets of Barcelona.
edit on 10/4/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
Now I wonder, how much guns the Catalans have? I'm pretty sure Spain is gonna send tanks to the streets of Barcelona

I seriously doubt that. This is a political crisis. The referendum was so disrupted as to be invalid. The Catalonia nationalists can declare what they like, but they won't get independence without Spain's agreement. In polls before the recent failed referendum it was a 50/50 divide for independence, so this declaration may not even have a majority support.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Only 38% of Catalonia’s population voted. This referendum holds no legitimacy at all.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Here continues the saga of another EU-globalist orchestrated!
The EU itself and Franco-Fascist Rajoy have pushed for this "Independence of Catalonia".
Now it's show time and the imbecile stupidity of the Spanish police beating people just about to go to polling station while they weren't able to do anything against the organizers of this independence vote for years is an idiotic Telenovela of incredible proportion.
Showing and stigmatizing the struggle on TV. The only thing that can come out of this show in Europe is civil war, with real guns, real weapons and all the rest ...

top topics

join