It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have been contacted for a think group to help with hotel security after LV shooting.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a friend of my in the one of our Government alphabet organizations called and asked if I would be interested in putting together a strategy for Hotels to prevent and engage in similar situations.

I have agreed but all my suggestions will be shared openly. As I wondered why the syndicate which openly owns many of these hotels did not have more arms in their hotels.

My first suggestions so far a hotel watch program. Where special persons, ex-military or police preferred, to take on duties to profile individuals, especially single persons checking it to large suites or multiple suites. Another surveying both their own buildings and those near by.

Secondly, that each hotel has a SWAT styled armory and trained persons to execute against such individuals or individuals in a moments notice. If that were already in place (which I though the syndicate already had in place). They could have found the floor and room before the police arrived and confronted the shooter sooner than the police response. Which was quick, but if each hotel as a secured arms room and a 12 person active on ground 24/7 SWAT trained or military Urban combat training, they could have shortened this maniacs plan short.

Third, is not security check points going through baggage but dogs trained for firearms and explosive scent detection could be used as people arrive at their hotels.

I emailed that off to the think tank and hope that a plan for hotels around the US and even around the worlds.

I am thinking of other options but they will probably cost a lot of money to implement.

edit on 2-10-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Impact sensors on every hotel window.
If someone tries to break one, alarm goes directly to police with room#.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Some of that "security" has already been happening for several years.

Not easy to find details however.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yeah those were already in place, he some how electronically jammed the sensors or tied the wires in the walls together as not to set off the window alarm. You must get to the wired strip them and twist them together before breaking the glass. We will have to wait for the reports to come out by FBI.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

The only problem I see with all your suggestions is, Where is the funding coming from?

I learned a long time ago that funding drives the mission, regardless of good intentions.

That funding would be passed to the consumers, who in turn may choose not stay at such Motels/Hotels because of the cost. (Which is getting pretty steep even without added security)

People aren't flying as much anymore unless they have to due to 9/11 and all the security checks...and still idiots get onboard aircraft. The airlines have cited fuel costs, etc as a reason that they raised they're prices, but I think it's a lack of customers
edit on 2-10-2017 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Why in the world would you share strategy on a public forum?

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

These hotels are multi-billion dollar a year corporations they can fund it.

The greatest deterrent is if you have a counter offensives program already in place. that alone is a deterrent. Just like here in Virginia where open carry and concealed carry permits has less gun crime that states that don't.

All cost of fuel, food and travel and even hotel rates are artificially made higher my the Elites that own these corporations even members of the syndicate are involved.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
People aren't flying as much anymore unless they have to due to 9/11 and all the security checks.

As someone who flies every week I can tell you that is not accurate and the data confirms this.

U.S. and foreign airlines in the United States carried a record number of passengers in 2016, according to the government office that tracks airline traffic, besting the previous all-time high by 3.5 percent. Source

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Have a short conversation with customers to see what their psychological mindset might be.

edit on 2-10-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Good one!

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Anyone who knows anything about security knows you never assume your adversary doesn't know exactly what you are doing. You come up with security measures that still work regardless if they know the overall scheme.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Lurker1

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Anyone who knows anything about security knows you never assume your adversary doesn't know exactly what you are doing. You come up with security measures that still work regardless if they know the overall scheme.

That's really amusing because you have no idea what I did for a living.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1

Remember the more the perps know that will be in place the less they will try to use these sites as soft targets.

Plus it lets people feel safer to know these things are in place.

Whether or not they are in place it leaves doubts and insecurities to place more paranoia in the perps mind as he plans. It is an actual working strategy already being used. even in military I think you know that.

And there are many wackos here on ATS. I am wondering if he had a user acct on ATS.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Here's a sure fire solution: Turn back the clock to the era when the mafia ran Vegas. The asshole would have been dealt with well before 72 minutes had elapsed, that's for damn sure. The mob, for all of the crimes and associated problems, ran a tight ship and kept it largely out of the concerns of John Q. Public. Unless you were cheating the house or decided to butt into things that weren't your business, the average American could enjoy a fairly safe and enjoyable trip to Vegas (or Atlantic City or Chicago, for that matter.)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Impact sensors on every hotel window.
If someone tries to break one, alarm goes directly to police with room#.

What happens when all the rooms have balconies like the hotel i worked at for 13 years?

I would suggest to have a bag scanner the guest has to put his bag through just like the airports.i mean they had one on the cruise i went on..mind you i still got a bottle of Scotch through.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Bet it boils down to money.

Having motel security is an expense. And any sort of armed and trained security is going to cost.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That is all entirely true. Even illegal gambling in Chicago in the 50's and 60's had over protection for their employees and businesses.

That is why I wonder about the syndicate involvement must not be like it was and have turned in their guns for multi-national corporation Elite status.

Urban Military trained military and police officers hired for hotels around the US would definitely deter these perps from pulling things like this off.

Show a little bit of you hand but not enough to know all your strategy.

To him who said it was dumb dumb dumb. I didn't reveal where the locations of these units would be or how they would be implemented.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

we have thousands of men and women who have already been trained in urban combat. Most come back and take police, TSO, fire dept jobs for $35k starting out, and even working as pizza hut delivery drivers and other low paying jobs for less than $25k.

Paying $35K for these person giving them jobs they are trained for and to work and trains yearly with local police departments.

These hotels could easily afford a team 24/7.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That is all entirely true. Even illegal gambling in Chicago in the 50's and 60's had over protection for their employees and businesses.

That is why I wonder about the syndicate involvement must not be like it was and have turned in their guns for multi-national corporation Elite status.

Urban Military trained military and police officers hired for hotels around the US would definitely deter these perps from pulling things like this off.

Show a little bit of you hand but not enough to know all your strategy.

To him who said it was dumb dumb dumb. I didn't reveal where the locations of these units would be or how they would be implemented.

I am not an advocate of telling my enemies how they can defeat me.

PS - I'm not a guy.
edit on 10/2/2017 by Lurker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

That raises a very interesting question. High-end Vegas resorts have some the best security systems in the world to protect the cash flow of multi-millions per day.

I've heard that he had ten rifles in his room. How is that even possible with their security?? Something stinks here....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join