It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever had a stupefying coincidence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
My dad died 23 years ago, and on my 18'th birthday he gave to me the ring that he and his brother had each. They were a dual set, my uncle's daughter for her dad's and I got his.

so over 23 years. but for 23 years I kept this so close, always knew where it was, it is important. as did my cuz.

Last week I was at an appointment, and as I've recently shoveled on some weight, it was tight on my finger, so I removed it, and placed it in my top coat pocket. Safe, I thought.|

Yesterday, I woke up, having to head out and all that, as you do on a Saturday, but on looking for my ring, it was not where I thought it should be, when I have taken it off. I hunted high and low for it, under the chairs, cushions, I searched the coat, at least 5 times. As my brain is incapable of letting things go, from 7am till at least 6pm I searched on and off. "It has to be here, what the hell!"

Around 8pm I resigned myself to the truth... I'd lost it somewhere away from my house. after 23 years of keeping it so close, this thought haunted me. My dads ring... but it just was not here.

I am not religious. I think those of you who have seen me post, know that.

But about 10pm, I just felt so frustrated, I said "Dad, please let me have it back." as to me, at that point, it felt like I was being punished for not attending my uncles funeral next week. (he abandoned my mother and I 23 years ago, and I've not seen him in 21 years, so I do not feel close to him) but it just felt so.

About 10 minutes later, I had to do something, but I repeated "Let me find it, please."

I grabbed my coat, the same one I'd checked over and over, rustled, thrown against a chair, and I held it by the collar, upright, stuck my hand into the top pocket I had placed it.... Nothing.

Suddenly, the ring fell from no where, to the floor..

Literally, from no where.

Had it been in a pocket, it would not have been able to fall. If it had been suspended somehow, I'd have either felt it before, or it would have fallen previously.

It just dropped out of no where.

And moments before I sat in desperation, asking my long deceased dad to give it back.

Suffice to say, I was mentally blown. There is NO way that ring was in or on that coat. Yet here I am. saying this.

Just wondering as anyone else had a stupefying coincidence happen, that has made you think.. I am not religious, as I say, but I know my dad is there...

Ps: that ring is never leaving my fat finger ever again !!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

You'll never be able to prove what you think happened and so what? You'll always be certain it was 'returned' by the grace of the unknown and that's all that matters.

Some experiences are very much like being tapped on the shoulder by invisible forces (or whatever it is).

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I hope you go to your uncle’s funeral...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

You'll never be able to prove what you think happened and so what? You'll always be certain it was 'returned' by the grace of the unknown and that's all that matters.

Some experiences are very much like being tapped on the shoulder by invisible forces (or whatever it is).

I know. I've only told one person, who I know I can trust, and I won't be telling any of my family, not because of their beliefs or my lack of it, but just because they already think I'm a bit wrong.

But proof or not, to me, it was just.. spin out stuff.

Really, this thing for me is between me and my belief. something I cannot explain, and it's not the first time, when I've asked my dad to help... just something that in all honesty rocked my underlying thinking process.

The thread wasn't a "hey believe me!" thread, that's irrelevant.

I'm more curious if others have had anything like that happen to them. Because, beyond the words and the reading, it's literally something you experience and yet have no other way to express it.

edit on 1/10/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

I hope you go to your uncle’s funeral...

I can't. I've got appointments with doctors and I honestly doubt my aunt wants me there anyway.

Besides, my other aunt said I was welcome to come.

As if I needed permission. My family kinda sucks.

Last time I saw my uncle, all he did was sneer at me. We're a messed up bunch.

-eta. I have a large family that after my dad died, turned their back on us. some kept in touch, but hoo boy a lot didn't

and one more edit before I lay down, it being midnight.

I am the last male in the bloodline for this family. My mother told me when I was 22, I'd take the family name with me.
I think back, I think of all the families that led to where I am. My father was the only one who had a son. and I take the name with me. the end of an era. for them to get to me, they were 100% better than me.

sure there are other sidelines, but for this bloodline.. sayonara.

just glad I was given the ring back..
edit on 1/10/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Couple of years ago now I dreamed about a family of wild foxes out in green meadows by a river. Suddenly a black fox pushed its muzzle on my leg and I froze not knowing if it would bite me or not. Boom! Woke up startled and wondered what the heck it was about. I'd never heard of black foxes and googled to see if there was any such thing. The dream made a big impression.

Next day at work, I was piling up unwanted books to recycle. One was La Fontaine Fables and I opened the book to look inside. Lo and behold a black fox staring back lol.

This is one of the reasons I can appreciate the effect the ring had on you and why it's your business alone. I'm a huge fan of consensual reality and enjoy being in it quite a lot! Even bought the T-shirt. It's just that some experiences appear to suggest there might be some aspect of reality that defies consensus.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

That, my friend, is exactly what I mean !!!

no explanation, but it is literally something that strikes us. Of if it were still 2010 I'd have a book to write

thank you !!

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

An unpredictable consequence of these murky doings is you'll be more open-minded to others making claims too. Me and friends saw a UFO years ago and it led me on a wild goose chase. Some have a certainty UFOs are all explainable whereas I know for a fact that some are not and I've tried. So having seen one (with over a dozen other people) it opens the possibility that other claimants have seen what they say they saw too. That's quite a big deal when you think about it.

I don't think it's worth spending too much time thinking about them. Accept odd experiences and move on

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Not understanding really the word coincidence here.
You had an experience as many have a missing item appearing where it should not or disappearing when it should not.
Also not sure how you believe your Father exists but have no spirituality involved? No higher poser I assume? Maybe someone is trying to tell you something, time is short now, time to look deeper.

Ask yourself, how many times have I heard someone say similar and I answered, well clearly you dropped the ring and it landed on the jacket and when you picked it up it fell to the floor....BUT you, was there, you know how many times you checked the pockets, the folds of the jacket, hook it out and IT WAS NOT THER..but then it fell to the floor.
We will believe you.
edit on 1-10-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

My father in law passed away and we were all saddened to lose such a great guy. Soon after his death we kept seeing red cardinals everywhere. We read that it is a sign of a dead relative visiting. We brushed it off but things would get more odd. A red cardinal would appear during special events and such. One day my husband and I were driving and I said, hey we haven't see a red cardinal in a while, and sure enough one second later the brightest red cardinal flies right in front our windshield. We both were dumbfounded.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
My dad had a similar experience. After my mom died back in '77, he put her wedding ring inside a small metal lockbox where he kept important papers under lock and key. It was always in there, but then one day he went into the box and couldn't find the ring. He assumed that it must have fallen out at some point in the recent past when he had opened it, so he checked the floor around the areas of his office where he might have been looking in the box, but with no luck in finding the ring. Then one day he opened the box and the ring was not only there in the box, but it was sitting right on top of the stack of papers as if someone had just placed it there.

new topics

top topics

join