It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

celebration with witches...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I kind of like this very enchanting song of german origin.
It's the interpretation of a old tradition that dates back from before the Roman oppressors.

Walpurgisnacht, also called Hexennacht (Dutch: heksennacht), literally "Witches' Night", is believed to be the night of a witches' meeting on the Brocken, the highest peak in the Harz Mountains, a range of wooded hills in central Germany between the rivers Weser and Elbe.[1] The first known written occurrence of the English translation "Walpurgis Night" is from the 19th century.[2] Local variants of Walpurgis Night are observed throughout Europe in the Netherlands, Germany, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Sweden, Lithuania, Latvia, Finland, and Estonia. In Denmark, the tradition with bonfires to fence off the witches going to the Brocken is observed as Saint John's Eve—essentially a midsummer celebration "with witches".

source wikipedia

edit on 1012017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I researched this topic a little and notice that it might have stemmed from Saint Walpurgis from England. When the Saint moved to Germany she converted many and tried to rid Germany of old pagan ways. The Event on Brock Mountain may be old tradition or the last hold out for pagan celebrations.

I find no coincidence that the date is the same as Hitler's birth date or he claims it to be. As you may know he wanted to transform Germany back to pre Christian ways.

a reply to: frenchfries

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Johnathanandheather

well i was born in that area. it's my roots. And I vaguely remember my grandma dancing around a tree. It has all been forgotten I guess right now. It was a pagan 'fest' and witches were just young girls dancing around a tree. Made quite an impression on me when I saw this vid. Well maybe , it's no coincidence , but I don't consider pre Christian or pagan as bad. In a way i'm a bit of a pagan

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Johnathanandheather

I researched this topic a little and notice that it might have stemmed from Saint Walpurgis from England. When the Saint moved to Germany she converted many and tried to rid Germany of old pagan ways. The Event on Brock Mountain may be old tradition or the last hold out for pagan celebrations.

I think it's more likely that this is another instance of the church co-opting the celebrations and festivals of indigenous peoples to make the "conversion" to Christianity more palatable. I sometimes wonder how much of Christianity is actually Christian, and how much is Paganism assimilated from its conquered converts.

I find no coincidence that the date is the same as Hitler's birth date or he claims it to be.

According to accepted history, Adolph Hitler was born on April 20th. However, he allegedly died on April 30th.

As you may know he wanted to transform Germany back to pre Christian ways.

That is a curious strategy. Given he already had an extant societal control mechanism in the form of the Christian Church, it would seem to be superfluous to waste time and resources to transform Germany back to pagan ways. Furthermore the church's history indicates there was already an in-built antisemitic component to their practices.

-dex

join