It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puerto Rico is without power but mayor finds way to make and distribute custom t-shirts?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
(post by SeekingAlpha removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Like Katrina, most of the issues are the result of municipal and state incompetence.

According to Trump himself, EVERYTHING IS DESTROYED. How are the local municipalities supposed to function?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The three-star general says he wasn't deployed to Puerto Rico to compensate for lack of action: 'That's totally inaccurate.'

www.usnews.com...

Sometimes the true get twisted in the political mud that the media has been stirring when it comes to the Federal government and the Trump administration.

Also the Response to aid falls in the hands of the Government of PR, they got the funds and need right away before the disaster until further assistance was needed by the PR government after assessing the damage.

Is a step by step procedure that sadly is harder to put in place when comes to the Islands but easier when is states within the main land.

The government of PR as today do not want too much military show of force and has not asked for it yet.

All its asking is for aid and that has been delivered but no truckers has been showing to collect them for distribution.

The fault falls within the Island government no the federal government.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Correction, WE have to deal with it, he's your president too, lol.
edit on Sat Sep 30 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

(post by SeekingAlpha removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
No Russian puppet is my president.

originally posted by: thesaneone

You support an incompetent right wing dolt. So you have to deal with the fact that this is the worst presidency in US history.

Do that yourself. It's the difference between and educated and informed person vs. a right wing cultist.

Why don't you look up the quotes from our military generals that have worked on natural disasters from the past. Pay attention to the real news, not right wing propaganda.

Actually, the better question is that FEMA does have a disaster relief plan and why we didn't follow it for PR?

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: Dembow

It is misdirected outrage.

Why didn't they have plans and preperations in place well ahead of time?

Why didn't Obama or Bush already have standing emergency plans in place?

What makes you say we didn't follow it?
Stop believing in the fake media, seekingalpha.

Why don't you provide them if you think they are relevant to this situation.

Tell me exactly what else he could be doing that isn't being done now?

Give me a real answer seekingalpha.

Right wing cultist? You are one trying to make this a right v left issue, grow up, this is not the mudpit.

Deal with it, bro.

Correction, WE have to deal with it, he's your president too, lol.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

They are functioning, limited but communications are done by satellite links, so far is been bad but they are getting in touch with governor in San Juan.

Aid drops by fema were started on the 24 of Sept, medical teams where in the air with the rescue teams, this was all done by FEMA.

The media needs to shut the heck up and stop spinning the news.

Rossello and other officials praised the federal government for planning its response before the storm hit, a contrast with what Puerto Rico has long seen as the neglect of 3.4 million Americans in a territory without a vote in Congress or the electoral college.

“This is the first time we get this type of federal coordination,” said Jenniffer Gonzalez, Puerto Rico’s non-voting representative in Washington.

Officials said 1,360 of the island’s 1,600 cellphone towers were down, and 85% of above-ground and underground phone and internet cables were knocked out. With roads blocked and phones dead, officials said, the situation may worsen.

At least 31 lives in all have been lost around the Caribbean due to Maria, including at least 15 on hard-hit Dominica. Haiti reported three deaths; Guadeloupe two; and the Dominican Republic one.

Across Puerto Rico, more than 15,000 people were in shelters, including some 2,000 rescued from the north coastal town of Toa Baja. Many Puerto Ricans planned to head to the mainland to temporarily escape the devastation.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Like Katrina, most of the issues are the result of municipal and state incompetence.

According to Trump himself, EVERYTHING IS DESTROYED. How are the local municipalities supposed to function?

Yeah, it was also Pearl Harbor's fault, being in the middle of a big ocean, lots of water, big water......a sitting duck target for the Japanese! If only they had been connected to the mainland, like Florida is, maybe the US Government could have been their to defend Hawaii!
edit on Sat Sep 30 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

well, obviously someone has asked for military help since a fleet of navy ships is now heading their way.... finally...

tell me, did puerto rico have to ask for all those nuclear bombs that were dropped on them decades ago also??

inthesetimes.com...

sorry, don't buy it...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Marg, I understand where you're coming from, but I think the spin is coming from the White House, more than the media. Yes, humanitarian aide is being implemented, but it looks like Trump is creating unnecessary red tape to protect rebuilding financial business interests above the immediate need of life saving food and water, not to mention medical intervention.

Of course Puerto Rico will need to be rebuilt, but why politicize the territory's debt, troubles and flaws while people are languishing in desperation?
edit on 30-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

well, obviously someone has asked for military help since a fleet of navy ships is now heading their way.... finally...

tell me, did puerto rico have to ask for all those nuclear bombs that were dropped on them decades ago also??

inthesetimes.com...

sorry, don't buy it...

What freakin nuclear bombs ?
Again , what freaking nuclear bombs ?
Go back and reread....
With that being said , each State , Commonwealth and Territory is responsible for asking for Federal assistance after a natural disaster. What types , how much and are responsible for the disposition of that aid.
Getting assistance to an island way south of the country is a logistics nightmare.
Think about it....
Before you post.
And no more stating stuff that did not happen
Read your own articles before you comment on them.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

The point is, whey spend any time at all screen printing... seems like they have more important things to be doing...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I am in touch with my brother thankfully, he keeps me informed of what things are going, he holds a very nice job with one of the government agencies in San Juan, I will not go more in details, but what he tells me Is a far cry of what the media is telling.

It is very sad to get into a discussion when people have not clue what is the true, but believe what is been spew by the news.

I will just keep repeating, is not the federal government fault but the local government what is going on everything you see in the news is base in San Juan heavily populated where people live on top of each other, where the worst gangs hang around and the very Rich have taken over the coastal expensive areas.

Only one NBC reporter got to join a crew from a private groups that went to the town Of Utuado to see how his family was doing.

The rest of the media crews will never leave the comfort of the generators run fancy hotels in San Juan.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Time to cut ties with puerto rico.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I heard about the lack of truck drivers 3 days ago. This makes no sense to me. Where are all the able bodied men to drive the trucks and patch up the roads.

They can't all be taking care of their families. They don't have jobs to go to since everything is destroyed. I don't get it. They should have thousands of residents able to drive trucks or assist with helping distribute the aid.

They are sending in the National Guard troops now to help. Trump is right about that mayor. Poor leadership.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Yes as I explained on another thread my brother explained to me that the people are asking for Martial law and more military involvement due to thee fact that certain groups are trying to control distribution of aid that have not business doing that, we are talking about the private sector that runs the Truckers and Gas tankers.

Is only one major bank in the Island, El Banco Popular, they are only opening for business in San Juan because all the private interest involved and by the command of the El comandante or the major of San Juan, VIP for a few, the rest just a few at a time and when they close the doors for the day is over.

The rest of the Island banks are not opening at all.

My brother said that he got paid Friday as he is on salary but his money is as good as dirt if he can not go to a bank and take it

PR is going to need more than just federal help, is going to need federal intervention.

We can not allow a few trying to over take the governor and run the Island in anyway they want.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Yes they have been told by their private bosses to hold on and no show for work, as they are contracted by the government.

Is a tog a war for power right now.

But the people are going to get mad they will start taking things in their own hands, is been already shootings but that the news do not talk about.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
oh excuse me, I guess all the nuclear testing was done on those other island territories, the marshall islands.
but still many, many bombs were dropped on part of puerto rico it seems,
did they give permission, did the marshall islands give permission, for any bombs to be dropped onto them???
ya see, that was my point.

Early in World War II, when fortunes looked grim for the Allies, the U.S. Navy occupied three-quarters of Vieques, which sits eight miles from the Puerto Rican mainland, moved one-third of its population to the nearby Virgin Islands, and planned to relocate the entire British fleet there in the event of a German invasion of England. Instead, Vieques became the U.S. testing ground for nearly every weapon used during the Cold War.

inthesetimes.com...

it just seems rather odd to me that a government who thought it was within their right to turn a part of puerto rico into a toxic cesspool by dropping bombs on them not that long ago, thought that they should wait around to get a request before they sent military aide after two hurricane ravaged the island now. the least they could have done was have the ships enroute so that they could be put to use faster when the request came.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join