It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puerto Rico is without power but mayor finds way to make and distribute custom t-shirts?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: Dembow

It is misdirected outrage.

Why didn't they have plans and preperations in place well ahead of time?

Why didn't Obama or Bush already have standing emergency plans in place?

Obama and Bush.... lol.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I am going to tell you about the El comandante" the commandant, that is the derogative name that the Major of San Juan have, she is a political hag, looking to use the Hurricane disaster in the Island to pursue the governors seat, most government agencies base in San Juan hates her, because she thinks she have more balls than her male counterparts.

She won the seat of the Major of San Juan thanks of the links to corporate corrupted companies that bought it for her.

Now they want her to be governor because she serve them very well.

She is crocked and her political party is the one that under it most of the corruption to the governments coffers has come from.

They are the party of the rich and they have robed the government blind for the last 50 years.

She is an opportunist piece of political trash.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Why don't you look up the quotes from our military generals that have worked on natural disasters from the past. Pay attention to the real news, not right wing propaganda.

originally posted by: thesaneone

Actually, the better question is that FEMA does have a disaster relief plan and why we didn't follow it for PR?

What makes you say we didn't follow it?
Stop believing in the fake media, seekingalpha.

Why don't you provide them if you think they are relevant to this situation.

Tell me exactly what else he could be doing that isn't being done now?

Give me a real answer seekingalpha.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Like Katrina, most of the issues are the result of municipal and state incompetence. The federal government seems to be the only thing holding PR together. The Twitterati sit on their mobile phones running their mouth.

The sad part is that this tragedy is clearly being used to advance political vendettas, and to satisfy petty hatred.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
they were screen printing long before there was electricity??? it looks like it was a simple screen print job, the hardest part of it would be getting the black not to show through...
electricity wouldn't be needed, expecially if you didn't care about how long lasting it was.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The Partido Popular that is call in Spanish is one of the most corrupted parties in the Island they are the ones that had screw the financial books for over 50 years, most of the stealing of government funds has gone under them.

They are the ones that have robbed PR for the chance of becoming a State from back in the days of Luis Munoz Marine.

They keep winning elections because the corporate entities buying political seats.

The are corrupted to the bone.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
they were screen printing long before there was electricity??? it looks like it was a simple screen print job, the hardest part of it would be getting the black not to show through...
electricity wouldn't be needed, expecially if you didn't care about how long lasting it was.

That is true however, to me it seems like a waste of time trying to politicize the situation, instead she should be rallying her peeps to get the streets cleared so things can run smoother, but no she has to be a jackweed about it.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Bingo!!!!!!!! the Island is been on bankruptcy protection, the Federal government is all they have to survive.

It was the Federal government funds for disasters that make possible for the Island to have FEMA opening refugees center in San Juan and kept them long after Irma and Maria.

The federal government did what it was expected, anybody blaming the Federal government response are just repeating political talking heads that are on a bashing agenda.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

are they more corrupt, lazy, and on and on as the haitians are?? because it took us a week if not less to have military ships anchored outside of that island providing aide, including the USS Comfort.

why did it take a week before they even decide to send them out when it came to puerto rico???

america first, unless you are talking about american territories, then they can expect less than places that aren't even a part of the US???

the virgin islands are having the same danged problem as puerto rico and they are wondering where the help is at!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I will not be surprised is she is the one behind the reason the Truckers are no reporting to pick up the aid that is in the ports, also the gas tankers are doing the same they are not reporting to supply gas.

But is been complains that the rich areas in San Juan are well protected and gas tankers has been delivering gas for the rich generators and supplies of good and necessities.

That is the type of corruption that is now taking hold of San Juan because the rest of the Island nobody is even addressing.

La comandante is been very good to her Rich friends.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Do that yourself. It's the difference between and educated and informed person vs. a right wing cultist.

Why don't you look up the quotes from our military generals that have worked on natural disasters from the past. Pay attention to the real news, not right wing propaganda.

Actually, the better question is that FEMA does have a disaster relief plan and why we didn't follow it for PR?

What makes you say we didn't follow it?
Stop believing in the fake media, seekingalpha.

Why don't you provide them if you think they are relevant to this situation.

Tell me exactly what else he could be doing that isn't being done now?

Give me a real answer seekingalpha.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The only port that PR have is the Port of San Juan, only aid ships were allowed in.

The second port PR have is Yabucoa where the refineries and Oil reserves are delivered.

The next port that PR have was located in Ceiba from the former naval base of Roosevelt Roads that was closed a decade ago, but still can be operational.

Only San Juan is clean and inspected for ship to come it, Yabucoa has not been cleared for ships to come close due to the debris that is still in water, and because Yabucoa and Ceiba were hard hit by the Hurricane

I hope you understand what I am explaining here, the Hurricane cause mud slides and entire houses fell on the sea closes to the other two ports.

A earthquake is not the same a Hurricane.

edit on 30-9-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Help is there and more is coming, maybe the people of PR can do a bit more then crying and start helping with the clean up efforts so the supplies can get to where they need to go.

Wow. What a callous judgmental and ignorant viewpoint.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

My opinion?

CNN brought the shirts for them to wear.

Bingo !!

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Dang it here's Trumps schedule for the day talk about lying Liberals

September, 2017
11:00 AM
Pool Call Time Out-of-Town Travel Pool Call Time
Hyatt House Lobby

2:00 PM
President Schedule The President speaks with Administrator of FEMA Brock Long by telephone
Trump National Golf Club Bedminster
Closed Press

2:15 PM
President Schedule The President speaks with Governor Ricardo Rossell of Puerto Rico by telephone
Closed Press

2:25 PM
President Schedule The President speaks with Resident Commissioner of Puerto Rico Jenniffer Gonzlez-Coln by telephone
Closed Press

2:35 PM
President Schedule The President speaks with Luis Fortuo, former Governor of Puerto Rico, by telephone
Closed Press

2:45 PM
President Schedule The President speaks with Governor Kenneth Mapp of the US Virgin Islands by telephone
Closed Press

And this is where you find his daily schedule but don't tell anybody.

Presidents Schedule

Don't see any golf yet

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

by what I've read, there is no way to get money from your bank account for most people, so I don't think it will matter if your rich or poor if all your money is in the form of bits and bites in a bank's computer system somewhere.

and that corruption you are talking about is something that is widespread. I grew up living next door to the supervisor of the DPW. We lived in an area that had only one bridge that crossed the railroad tracks.. and there were only maybe 30 houses that were on that side of the tracks....
guess which road was one of the first to get plowed after every snowstorm??
and go into any city that is at risk of being flooded, outside of the coastal areas... check and see who is living in the homes that are in those flood plains... heck the cheapest apartments in my area is a low income housing complex that floods at least twice a year!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

Help is there and more is coming, maybe the people of PR can do a bit more then crying and start helping with the clean up efforts so the supplies can get to where they need to go.

Wow. What a callous judgmental and ignorant viewpoint.

How so, is it not true?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

our navy has amphibious ships, choppers, cargo plans....
they don't need a port to land an invading force, accompanied by trucks, tanks and everything else...
they don't need ports to deliver humanitarian aid!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I just asked my son, who happened to be on board one of those ships sent to haiti...
no they never ported... they stayed off shore!! he said they couldn't port because it was a disaster!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join