It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea and US 'in Direct Contact', says Tillerson

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: gortex

Obvious now that the anti-Trumpers will be for an all-out war now since Trump may be trying to avert it.

#ResistPeace

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I just want to point out.. we are rejoicing Donald Trump and Kim being in direct contact....

Yeah... that sounds great... nothing bad can happen there...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Won't be any 'talking' . Talking occurs between two equal parties.

The 'Talks' are just cover for Ultimatums, threats and intimidation.

Like the US does all the time with other countries;

First drag their economy in the dirt with sanctions, demonize them in the World Press, surround them militarily with bases and aircraft carriers, then say, Wanna Talk"?

Damn , I like that idea better when dealing with misfit countries . Instead of giving them billions under the table . Like another so-called President did with another lunatic country.

edit on 9/30/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Obvious now that the anti-Trumpers ill be for an all-out war now since Trump may be trying to avert it.

Trump isn't trying to avert it , the grown ups are.

Because the President has no say right?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'm always amazed at how some people that have served in the Military like me can trust and support a draft dodging coward for "commander in Chief" in any situation calling for military intervention.

Glad I don't have any kids....!

God help us!!
edit on 30-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

It makes sense that parts of Trump's administration are just going to do things that make sense, vs what the POTUS says on Twitter or on TV.

If anything, we've learned that what he says and what ends up happening are two very different things.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It looks like the dialogue that the US wants is not going to happen:

This comes as no surprise.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

He keeps them guessing. He's smarter than some people give him credit for.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
What a useless talking point. Look, the US and N. Korea are both UN member nations, of course we are in contact and I'd venture to say we have been for a long time. Remember when Un came out and said he was cutting the phone line to the US then a whlie later we found out there was a second one still active? But supposedly he then cut that one too... Yeah, we've been in contact.

The warmongering idiots aren't going to like this and I can't wait to see the spin they come up with. Oh the horror, we are in communication with a nation that's part of the same club we're in. Who could have ever imagined?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

First drag their economy in the dirt with sanctions, demonize them in the World Press, surround them militarily with bases and aircraft carriers, then say, Wanna Talk"?

Your anti-US bias is showing. Not saying the U.S. is not guilty of a lot of crap (just like every other superpower), but in this case, you act as if NK is free from wrongdoing. They chose to ignore the agreement framework they signed, that the U.S. adhered to on their side. They are threatening nuclear war. They are testing missiles over other countries, testing nuclear weapons, and methods of delivery.

No country has told them they can't test conventional weapons, planes, subs, etc. Only nuclear weapons. Why are some of you so keen to have NK get nukes?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Obvious now that the anti-Trumpers ill be for an all-out war now since Trump may be trying to avert it.

Because the President has no say right?

The President has a say he just doesn't have a clue , it's best he keeps playing golf and tweeting to his followers while the grown ups do the tough stuff.
He gets to wear the hat while his minions do the work.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

If president Trump ""talks"" craps app to go south rather sharpish.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Just because they are in contact does not mean there is any negotiation going on.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I'm always amazed at how some people that have served in the Military like me can trust and support a draft dodging coward for "commander in Chief" in any situation calling for military intervention.

Glad I don't have any kids....!

God help us!!

you do not know the details behind his lack of going over seas. are you hi slawyer? are you privy to his records? medical issues perhaps?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Just because they are in contact does not mean there is any negotiation going on.

Not yet , at the moment they're in talks about talks but it is a step in the right direction.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

it's a hollow threat in this case unless Kim engages in a hostile action against the US he is safe...

Korea is safe? US has occupied the Korean Peninsula for 72 years...

72 years

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

Your anti-US bias is showing. Not saying the U.S. is not guilty of a lot of crap (just like every other superpower), but in this case, you act as if NK is free from wrongdoing. They chose to ignore the agreement framework they signed, that the U.S. adhered to on their side. They are threatening nuclear war. They are testing missiles over other countries, testing nuclear weapons, and methods of delivery.

No country has told them they can't test conventional weapons, planes, subs, etc. Only nuclear weapons. Why are some of you so keen to have NK get nukes?

Glaring double standard.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

it's a hollow threat in this case unless Kim engages in a hostile action against the US he is safe...

72 years

Not all of it.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

72 years

Not all of it.

Geostrategic occupation of Korean Peninsula-- erm, I mean Asian continent. This statement is for those that understand military strategy.

its not about Korea, its about containment and isolation of Russian and China.

This is new old cold war doctrine, covered up by people who never address this and pretend-- what, huh?

all_day_long.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
LET'S NOT decide what has happened JUST YET, here.
Nukes exist =NO life
NUKES gone= we can KEEP playing CAT and mouse, till they FOLD, THEN we don't have to take the mineral wealth BY FORCE...cause CHINA will not get it,SOUTH KOREA will.
I'm sure the paper work is already done.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join