It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beer Makes you Happy. No. Really. It's Science.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Removed weird double post due to needing another six pack...

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 30-9-2017 by Mike Stivic because: Removed double

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
If you add a tablespoon of organic barley whole grain flour to your bread, it makes it taste better. Also a teaspoon of organic barley flour mixed in the flour to make chocolate chip cookies makes it more intense of a flavor. If you look at the ingredients in all purpose flour, there is a little malted barley, but they bleach it and it loses it's flavor.

More and more flour is unbleached nowadays, they add roundup preharvest to the field and it kills the fungus and makes the grain dry quickly. That roundup has a bitter sharp taste to me, I prefer the organic flour. I think I liked the bleached flour better than the roundup treated flour, it did not have that taste.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I guess it affects different people in different ways. Some people become overly aggressive and violent when drunk, with others it calms them down and mellows them out.
edit on 9/30/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
"Beer is natural, beer is good. Not everyone drinks it, but everyone should. Beer is natural, beer is fun, beer is best when it's one on one."

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I guess it affects different people in different ways. Some people become overly aggressive and violent when drunk, with others it calms them down and mellows them out.

I think you missed his point..

Yes there are happy drunks and angry drunks..

But I have noticed certain alcohols give off a different buzz.. if I go out and do shots of gin or jeager I'm ready to headbutt a stopsign ..

Yet I could drink beer all night and all I want to do is hug people and laugh..

If I drink Apple wine I go to sleep early...

If I drink a merlot or a cabernet I want to hug people and tell them how much they mean to me ...

Does anyone here remember Cisco? The malt beverage..that stuff was like royal rumble fuel

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Happiness that doesn't come unnaturally through intoxication.

I get what you're saying. I really do.

Just please try to keep in mind that happiness doesn't find everyone. Some of us are damned, and there is no grace.

I'll buy a round for the damned. We are the cross-bearers.

edit on 1-10-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

true but more times then most it comes down to what said person is drinking...

You will rarely see an aggressive beer drinker unless he's mixing, or just a prick lol

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I don't really consider this happiness. It sounds like people are gleefully turning themselves into Pavlov's lapdogs. Sounds more like a nightmare to me. I'll stay miserable, thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

ur not thinking of having one r u ?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

You will rarely see an aggressive beer drinker

I disagree. Alcohol just magnifies one's personality traits. If you're mellow sober, you're a mellow drunk. If you're emotional sober, you'll be an emotional drinker.

People who get into barfights are already aggressive when sober.

Now me, I'm a boring drunk. My boring personality is magnified and I'm just boring when I drink.

edit on 1-10-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join