It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times Opinion Page Endorses Communism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: introvert

...then when finally everybody says 'F this I'm aint paying for all that BS and the global human suffering it causes'...

Are you talking about communism or laissez faire capitalism?

All systems of self-governance suck because people suck.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

...then when finally everybody says 'F this I'm aint paying for all that BS and the global human suffering it causes'...

People realize that blaming communism alone was a waste of time.

They can get screwed no matter what you call a government, unless that government is in a state of constant of progression that learns from its mistakes.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
People associate communism.. with communism with dictators.

I think communism could work if it was a true Democratic communist set up without a central leader, and instead, an elected council with equal representation.

OMG another one.. "if only communism was done right !"

C,mon.... Communism ALWAYS leads to dictators. How many failures in history do you need to see?

Dictator or oligarchy, what difference does it make? Human nature is evil and corrupt. There is no form of checks-and-balances that cannot be subverted. I'm not sure there is any possible way to have any form of government "done right". It seems humans are subconsciously pro-choice on every level. Freedom and Liberty rule! Everyone want's to be a gangster.

edit on 29-9-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

Sorta like "If only capitalism was done right..."

Capitalism is what Communist party members in China actually employ to make their lives better. They only pretend to go along with their party to keep from being deep six'd.
Not even modern day commies believe in the farce of communism being a good thing because they know it isn't. I have spent enough time in China myself to know that this is true. The communists there serve a monster that they don't even know how to kill.

The monster is fear, and no one wants to take the first stab at that monster and risk being singled out and destroyed, so they all obey the silent but deadly rule of the communist monster. That monster also has many tentacles that are run amok, and they consist of morally bankrupt individuals with the power to enforce and to condemn, and to destroy any threat to the monster of their rule.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

People realize that blaming communism alone was a waste of time.

They can get screwed no matter what you call a government, unless that government is in a state of constant of progression that learns from its mistakes.

I really thought the 2016 election was going to be the year the anarchists finally got organized. Boy was I wrong!

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Mostly they just log onto the internet and type stupid crap.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Dudemo5

Sorta like "If only capitalism was done right..."

Capitalism is what Communist party members in China actually employ to make their lives better. They only pretend to go along with their party to keep from being deep six'd.
Not even modern day commies believe in the farce of communism being a good thing because they know it isn't. I have spent enough time in China myself to know that this is true. The communists there serve a monster that they don't even know how to kill.

The monster is fear, and no one wants to take the first stab at that monster and risk being singled out and destroyed, so they all obey the silent but deadly rule of the communist monster. That monster also has many tentacles that are run amok, and they consist of morally bankrupt individuals with the power to enforce and to condemn, and to destroy any threat to the monster of their rule.

k

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Are you talking about communism or laissez faire capitalism?

All systems of self-governance suck because people suck.

The last bit I was talking about the BS government we have and all the BS that it taxes us for to fund the BS it perpetrates on US and everybody else.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Isn't that how EVERYTHING works? Such an old and stupid talking point.

C,mon.... Communism ALWAYS leads to dictators. How many failures in history do you need to see?

Enough to get just one right... just like every other advancement in the history of mankind.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Enough to get just one right... just like every other advancement in the history of mankind.

Okay so how many tens of millions have to be slaughtered by their own governments to get you your pie in the sky fantasy utopia land? Ergo, how many hundreds of millions have to be brutally subjugated under the iron fist of totalitarianism in such pursuits?

Has it ever occurred to you that whether or not its Nazi's or Communists when its totalitarianism its all the same in the end?

Please do send us all a postcard from the gulag, yo!

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I can't even believe
that you replied to this
semi accurate "National Enquirer"
style goody!

Your "Active Measures"
are still in effect I gather.
Or are you just slumming?

HooHaa!

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:57 AM