It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The science of racism is a scary rabbit hole

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That's why we have science to dispel superstitions. Jane Elliot's life long study of racism is counter to your tribalism being hard wired nonsense.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: njord
wow, it's actually legal in America to walk around with an AR-15

wtf is wrong with you guys?

My thoughts exactly! Why wasn't the white guy handled the same way as the black guy in the video!

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
My thoughts exactly! Why wasn't the white guy handled the same way as the black guy in the video!

Maybe because white people commit crimes in relative proportion to their population size. 90% of the issues facing African-Americans could be resolved if they stopped using "racism" as a cop out for everything bad they experience and started taking responsibility for their own destructive behaviours.

This "systematic racism" nonsense has become almost joke-like in its ability to explain away any need for personal responsibility on behalf of black people.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: Snarl

a paranoid racist called the cops and lied about what was going on, and misled the police into a panicked kneejerk reaction of their own.

You sound very upset about this.

What ever happened to the paranoid racist?

i don't know, maybe he posted a racist 'joke' on the internet and it got deleted.

Nothing happened to him. In fact, if you ever go looking for your goat ... you may just find it in his backyard.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
AND according to Nick Buoniconti: EUGENIC breeding in slavery has created some of OUR best athletes...
AND police kill MORE whites anyway...PROBABLY because WE CAN shoot guns with an even parity to their training or better,OF COURSE WE couldn't care less, as MOST are criminals and collaterals ALSO happen with LAW enforcement.

NOT discounting reactionary control freaks of course.
THAT'S nothing but TRAINING and selection....
www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 29-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
POinting a gun at people..he got what was coming. Most open carry people have a holster to carry it in. the man obviously made soem gesture or comment and died because of it.

can you back up this assertion, or are you just assuming that cops don't get it wrong?

the 911 caller recanted what he said on his call, by the way.

The cops were not stupid enough to not use their own eyes and assess th esituation. Point is if he didnt have a gun in his hand he would not had died.

Even if th ecalle recanted the man was still visibly armed and made a move prolly.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That's why we have science to dispel superstitions. Jane Elliot's life long study of racism is counter to your tribalism being hard wired nonsense.

Jane Elliot huh...

interesting!

Never heard of her, but will definitely have to see some films about. Surprised I never heard of her experiment, and oh man I've been researching around so many the same edges.

Jane Elliott's anti-racism experiments on the British
She has gone on to repeat the blue eye-brown eye experiment on countless occasions, first at her school and then in workshops for adults, businesses and government offices throughout America and the world. Most recently she re-ran the exercise in this country for a forthcoming Channel 4 documentary that forms part of a season on science and race. This time the participants were made up of a multi-racial adult group. And the result, in Elliott's own words, "wasn't as successful as I am accustomed to being". It's a fractious, disjointed affair, in which few of the volunteers seem prepared to accept or play the roles assigned to them. The "oppressed" don't want to be oppressed and their "oppressors" show little appetite for oppressing.

Part of the problem is that the blue-eyed group is exclusively white, while the brown-eyed group is predominantly non-white, so that eye colour is no longer an analogue or metaphor for race but a direct referent. The division is not random but instead largely racial. And in this age of racial awareness, it's not that easy to find white people who are willing to role-play on a basis that assumes they are racist.
Advertisement

In The Eye of the Storm, made in 1971, we see Elliott as a beehived schoolmarm, firm but not unlikable, a sort of strict Marge Simpson. Nowadays, grey-haired and mean-eyed, she's honed her shtick to that of a drill sergeant or prison commandant. She describes herself as the "resident bitch for the day", and speaks to the blue-eyed contingent as though they were criminally stupid or stupidly criminal. "Keep your #ing mouth shut," she tells one smiling blue-eyed young man. "I don't play second banana."

The performance suggests someone who would be a natural in a Maoist re-education camp: self-righteous, vindictive and unswervingly convinced of her case. "This exercise is an inoculation against racism," she tells the brown-eyed group.

But is it? In the event, two of the brown-eyed group decide they are not prepared to take part in the humiliation of the blue-eyed group and are therefore told to leave. Elliott tells me it's "really difficult to get people of colour to play the role of the oppressor during the exercise. It takes a long time and a lot of work to get them to act white". It's a curious comment from someone who is supposedly an enemy of racial stereotyping, not least because, as I remind her, the two who refuse to "act white" are in fact white. "Uh-huh, well that doesn't usually happen. And how many white brown-eyed didn't walk out?" she asks, as if the fact that some white people stayed was testament to their willingness to play the oppressor.

Jane Elliot's Racist Diversity Training Now Being Used to Abuse 7-Year-Olds
[A first grade teacher in Florida is under investigation for an unapproved, controversial “lesson on racism” that left some students in tears.

Parents are complaining about a “lesson on racism” for first grade students at Minneola Elementary Charter School the day after the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday in which the teacher segregated her 7- and 8-year-old student by eye color then discriminated against some for several hours, WESH reports.

The teacher, who was not named in media reports, gave students with blue eyes candy and hugs, and ignored students with brown eyes, according to WFTV.

Minneola principal Sherry Watts told WFTV the lesson was not approved by administrators.

“The experiment shouldn’t have taken place at all,” she said. “It’s not appropriate for first grade.”]
[Elliot’s technique was to emotionally abuse students in ways reminiscent of fringe cults and Soviet self-criticism sessions which break down an individual’s sense of identity by publicly attacking her sense of self.

Elliot’s infamous "Blue Eyes/Brown Eyes" technique involved separating people with blue eyes and emotionally abusing them to "cure" them of their racism. What "Blue Eyes/Brown Eyes" lacked in effectiveness, it more than made up for in malice. Jane Elliot’s racist child abuse was embraced by leftists and eventually became the keystone of diversity training.

In session after session, diversity trainers following in Elliot’s violently hateful footsteps singled out blond and blue-eyed women for abuse in public]
[In Blue Eyed, masochistic adults accept Elliott’s two-and-a-half-hour exercise in sadism (reduced to 90 minutes of film), designed to make white people understand what it is to be "a person of color" in America. To achieve this, she divides her group into stupid, lazy, shiftless, incompetent, and psychologically brutalized "blue eyes," on the one hand, and clever and empowered "brown eyes," on the other. Some of the sadism is central to the "game," but much is gratuitous, and it continues after the exercise has ended.

People call the exercise cruel, Elliott explains, but "I’m only doing this for one day to little white children. Society does this to children of color every day."

The facilitators’ guide and publicity for Blue Eyed states things honestly: Elliott "does not intellectualize highly emotionally charged or challenging topics…she uses participants’ own emotions to make them feel discomfort, guilt, shame, embarrassment, and humiliation." Facilitators are urged to use the raw emotions of Blue Eyed (blueys do cry a lot) to tap the reactions of the viewers.]

Wow!

But what does the jist dispell about the iron law of humanity, the fact that we're tribal creatures?

Note shes putting them into groups. GROUPS. Group = tribe. You could split them up based on their favorite musicians and achieve the same results. In fact her work proves my point. Her eye color test isn't even inherently racial, especially not in an all white setting, and once you divide them into groups and pit them against each other the same results come out as if it were race.

This critical race logic where only whites are racist. As if we're not humans while everyone else is. Nevermind that's the as racist a sentiment as could be imagined....Well guess what, group based domination is paramount in all human history. It's wrath has come down on everyone by everyone everywhere for as long as we've been around. If anything, its gotten milder since homo sapiens finally came out on top. At least the neanderthals have a little DNA still floating around, but all those other countless permutations of pre-man oh noes. But yeah, actually look beyond your racial obsession pertaining to the modern world immediately before you and you will see too: mass scale human dynamics such as domination, empire, and slavery if anything (not mere money) have been what make the world go round. From Egypt to Mongolia to the Aztecs...
edit on 30-9-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

How do we know the social experiments are legit? A year ago I was blown away by a bunch of those things, and the endless prank videos (note I had been avoiding social media and youtube for 5 years so they were sort of new to me the huge trend in youtube).

One comes to mind, the one where the guy goes to the black hood with All Lives Matter sign and gets ghetto bitch slapped, but then goes to white hood with BLM sign and gets back slapped. Seemed within the scope of possible to me. Then some weeks alter I happened to notice another video, someone had captured video of the dude staging the whole thing. The black racist hoodlums were paid stooges. Went and looked up the dude that was making it, he was a leftist.

Yeah run that thru your computer give us a printout.

I still enjoy the clown scare prank type videos. I've come to expect most of the people being scared are also stooges, but the videos are still entertaining many of them.

edit on 30-9-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

I have yet to be killed by a gun alone. The odds of an opencarrying or CCW person being of criminal intent are near nil.

yeah yeah guns don't kill people, people kill people

I know some places it's perfectly normal, like Svalbard or Alaska, as protection against wild animals. in places like that I don't think anyone would argue that there's an issue with guns.

however, a crowded city is different. I'd be paranoid as hell if I saw a bunch of whackos walking around with assault rifles. for all I know it could be some crack head desperate for his fix.

Now who is being prejudicial? Wacko Crackheads? Assuming them to be that?

From the sounds of your initial post , I take it you are not a U.S. citizen. Knowing the law and and your rights and exercising them are not synonymous with criminal intent or mental instability. You don't understand what it is about I guess. It's not because I have to ask my government's permission, it's because I can. It's a fundemental distinction that many fail to grasp about things in the Bill of Rights. I've never felt threatened by someone open carrying. It's gotten to the insane level where some businesses have asked Police not to bring their firearms into their place of business.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: pavil

wow, it's actually legal in America to walk around with an AR-15

wtf is wrong with you guys?

I have yet to be killed by a gun alone. The odds of an opencarrying or CCW person being of criminal intent are near nil.

True - but it is pretty crazy that people can walk around the street with an AR-15. Firstly it's pretty intimidating for everyone else... secondly, why in Gods name would you want to?

I love arguments where the person arguing against you goes "Well yeah, you are right but....." It's quite amusing.

Sorry you disagree with the laws and rights of citizens in other lands.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Racism will exist only for as long as people will exist.

We can educate people, teach, eve make it illegal.

But racism will always exist.

I mean, wanton murder is illegal and society shuns murder and murderers.

Yet people still commit murder.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Racism is jealously.

If anyone can prove me wrong, call Dr Phil up, you'll be famous.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join