It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Bad is the situation in PR well 675 Gas Stations are Open

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Cell phone reception (and phones) are still mostly out. We've been trying to contact a friend down there who hasn't been heard from since the hurricane. She lives in a tiny town on the east coast and we haven't been able to find anyone from there so far. Roads seem to be impassible.

Only 28 percent of the island now has some cellphone reception. About 86 bank branches are open, but many people still have no cash or access to checking accounts.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Seems that he's been slow to get the ball rolling.

The jones act was just lifted. I think that should been done alot sooner.

Probably should of had the military pre position to go in right after the storm.

But like I said. We shall see what he does and if it's enough.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: JIMC5499

Seems that he's been slow to get the ball rolling.

The jones act was just lifted. I think that should been done alot sooner.

Probably should of had the military pre position to go in right after the storm.

But like I said. We shall see what he does and if it's enough.

The Jones Act is just a sideshow. There's already a ton of aid sitting on the docks and at the airport. But it's just sitting there because the roads are blocked, there are hardly any truck drivers to distribute it, and with no phone service nobody knows where to send what stuff.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: iWontGiveUP
a reply to: GuidedKill

FDLE is its own entity too

Now doubt they are active in the state of Florida but I have never heard of them responding out of state. I know Florida Fish and Wildlife (Marine Patrol) obviously are very specialized in water ops so they are often asked to provide support out of state but I have never heard of FDLE working in the same capacity.

Interesting.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Yeah lots of Crowely containers are in the port. My wife was quick to point that out to me since she used to be in the shipping industry.

But like you said the roads are blocked. Here is where Trump should of been sending in the military to come and bulldoze the streets clear and remove debris.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Maybe Trump should asked Obama to go coordinate things down there and text him if he needs anything. That would have been a great honor I would think.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I don't like Trump but fail to see how he acted incorrectly regarding puerto rico.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The USNS Comfort has set sail a friend of the wife's husband boarded in the last day or two and it has left port and is on it's way.

USNS Comfort

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
The Jones Act is just a sideshow. There's already a ton of aid sitting on the docks and at the airport. But it's just sitting there because the roads are blocked, there are hardly any truck drivers to distribute it, and with no phone service nobody knows where to send what stuff.

It's been established that those containers are commercially owned. They are the property of various businesses on and off PR and were on the island before the hurricane. I still don't understand why it took 2wks to get things happening. Why wasn't the National Guard staged and on the island on day 2? They could've been providing S&R, security, communications, road clearing, and transportation all this time. A major issue on PR is that there is a dearth of truck drivers available. They're all trying to dig-out from their own families' disasters. And if the Jones Act is a sideshow, why was Trump so quick to waive it for Texas and Florida for Irma?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

while is was only three days after haiti that the USS Comfort and a similar fleet of ships were sent??
I'll admit some of those ships that were sent then were already preparing to be deployed anyways and just deployed early because of the earthquake, but still...
why the delay this time???

edit on 30-9-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Unlike an earthquake where we have tons of advanced warning the hurricane snuck up on us.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

I detects a tad bit of sarcasm in that statement..
while we listen to how the people aren't willing to do anything, and how much the island owes in debt....
the US virgin islands is waiting for help also, which, it seems is coming via puerto rico if I am understanding this right??

www.cnn.com...

the video also gives a rather stark comparison on how britain is doing in the british virgin islands compared to how the US is in ours.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

All fake news dawn. A democratic smear campaign against Trump. Who me? Sarcasm???

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508
I knew they were lying about all those hurricanes, after all, we couldn't ever have that many hurricanes hit so quickly one after the other like that!!

if the truth be told, I don't really believe trump is president, they just want us all believing he is president, in reality hillary won is in the white house she's already made peace around the world and is now working on building us all a mansion and putting a million dollars in everyone's bank account...

matter of fact, I have to go check and see what the balance is in my account... hope it comes soon, since I've already spend a nice sum on funiture for my mansion...

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Not saying he has done anything incorrect.

Except maybe get the ball rolling sooner.

However, for Puerto Ricos' sake, I hope he does a good job.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I was reading today that the military does all the aid work and makes the decision and just confirms with the President. Doesn't sound too far fetched I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join