It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Information on the Shag Harbour Incident?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Something happened off of the southern coast of Nova Scotia on Oct. 4th, 1967. The Shag Harbour Incident is Canada's best document UFO episode:

The first frantic callers to reach the RCMP were clear: something had crashed in the waters off Shag Harbour, N.S.

It was around 11 p.m. on the night of Oct. 4, 1967. Most witnesses thought it was a doomed aircraft.

Among those who saw the string of flashing lights on that clear, moonless night were three RCMP officers, scores of fishermen and airline pilots flying along the province’s rugged southwest coast.

But a series of searches turned up nothing. No wreckage. No bodies. No clues as to what really happened that night 50 years ago.

*snip*

In a series of RCMP reports and correspondence sent by telex between military officials in Ottawa and Halifax, there are specific references to unidentified flying objects, and no attempts were made to explain away what people were reporting.

nationalpost.com...

This is what they saw for those unfamiliar with the episode:

“There was four (lights) in a row, and they were going on and off,” says Wickens, at the time a 17-year-old driving home to Shag Harbour with a friend and three young women. “One would come on, then two, three and four — and they’d all be off for a second and come back on again.”

*snip*

Sure he was about to witness an airline disaster, Wickens found a phone booth and called the local RCMP detachment.

*snip*

Several other people called the Mounties that night. They all told same story.

Soon afterwards, Wickens was among a dozen or so people gathered at the water’s edge, watching in amazement as a glowing, orange sphere — about the size of a city bus — bobbed on the waves about 300 metres from shore.

At 11:20 p.m., it slipped beneath the surface without a sound.

Among those dozen people were 3 RCMP officers. It was later ascertained that a fight crew of a commercial aircraft also witnessed this. Searches of the waters off of the coast turned up nothing. However:

“A preliminary investigation has been carried out by the Rescue Co-ordination Centre in Halifax,” the memo says. “It has been determined that this UFO sighting was not caused by a flare, float, aircraft or in fact any known object.”

The article goes on to say that there WERE covert US and Canadian operations in that area dealing with submarine detection.

At the time, the area was the location for a top-secret U.S. military base, disguised as an oceanographic institute. The facility used underwater microphones and magnetic detection devices to track enemy submarines, but its true purpose wasn’t revealed until the 1980s.

*snip*

In the book(Dark Object, 2001), Styles’ sources talk about a secret flotilla of American and Canadian ships dispatched to the area. There was speculation about Russian submarines and, yes, extraterrestrial visitors. But there is no hard evidence to back their claims.

The 50th anniversary of the incident is coming up next week. At the Shag Harbour UFO Festival UFO researcher Chris Styles says he will be delivering the keynote address with new information:

Next week, on the eve of the 50th anniversary, Styles will be the keynote speaker at the start of the three-day Shag Harbour UFO Festival. After 20-plus years of dogged research, he says he has new evidence to share.

So next week will it point to government spy action or an actual UFO incident?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

This is my all time favourite UFO incident..
Where is the new information though?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

This is my all time favourite UFO incident..
Where is the new information though?

It won't be presented until next Wednesday.

ETA: For some reason the question mark doesn't show up on the board page.
edit on 28-9-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Simple it was one or the other, both or neither. Who can't figure that out.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Shag Harbour

One of the classic UFO cases. With a lot of real documentation to back it all up.

I think many still have it as a true "Unknown". Although the fact that new evidence is being presented for the 50th anniversary seems a little bit convenient.

Keep us updated intrepid.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hmmm ...wonder what it'll be? This incident is one close to "rock solid" that something weird happened and the govt's hushed it up.

My own guess is black tech testing that went bad, rather than aliens, but who (in the non SAP world, anyway) knows?
edit on 9/28/2017 by Baddogma because: s to c

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Great UFO story , but seems like we do a lot of waiting on ATS without anything turning up .

Hope this is different

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I think we will get a hint or 2 in the Black Ops direction. 50 years is enough time for some classified info to come to light.

Will likely leave most of us with more questions than answers, as usual. There are probably very few living people who know half the full truth anyway.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Hmmm ...wonder what it'll be? This incident is one close to "rock solid" that something weird happened and the govt's hushed it up.

My own guess is black tech testing that went bad, rather than aliens, but who (in the non SAP world, anyway) knows?

MUFON claimed Canadian military witnesses reported about this incident later on, and the object was tracked from Shag Harbor using SONAR up to Government Point and was monitored for 2 weeks. Another identical object came and went directly to the first object, and helped the first object. After awhile, and when the people monitoring the 2 objects left because of a report of a Russian sub approaching the area, the 2 unknown objects went up and out of the water and up till they were gone.
I'm thinking the 2 objects weren't anything man made.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

This is definitely one of the few I'm still interested in. Thanks for the update.

I need to read "Dark Object" to see what's in that.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

A while back I looked through a PDF version of Dark Object(cant find it now), the supposed divers who saw the UFOs tell a good story. If true, they claim they observed the UFO for a week while a 2nd UFO repaired the crashed UFO.

The best information in the whole account is when the UFOs left, there was a UFO sighting of 2 lights leaving the area that corroborated the divers story, especially since there were 2 UFOs, hard to believe it they werent the same UFOs in question.

Check out the 40th minute in this video

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

It's a UFO festival so the new information is likely to be pro-mystery and solidify the military cover-up. UFO conventions rarely (if ever) promote solutions to classic cases; they tend to add more layers of magic. Ledger and Styles have done some great research to bring so much of the evidence to light. I don't think Styles would hold anything back which is why I'm not expecting any revelations - a nuance and a detail is my prediction.

There was a thing called Project Azorian in the 70s that spent millions seizing a Soviet sub off the seabed; they retrieved a couple of nukes off it. Another one was Project Moondust that featured recovery teams for whenever Soviet technology ditched within reach. Something like this is where I'd expect the real explanations to be found. The 'Glomar response' would apply even to this day and age as there's no incentive for disclosures.

Not to be a total skeptic, I had chills the first time I read about Shag Harbor. There was an added extra with another UFO allegedly joining the scene with the suggestion it was a rescuer. The crashed one was repaired and they both escaped the clutches of the US/Canadians who would probably have dissected our intrepid visitors. Close Encounters and ET made a generation of us imagine aliens as benevolent and our Armed Forces as our enemies and it certainly rubbed off on most of the UFO researchers.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

After 20 years of research? He has access to the same things we at ATS do, no?

I'm not sold on the idea he will have anything substantial. Hopeful yes, but far from convinced.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

That video was taken down pronto. However there are other sources for it. It's called "UFO Files : Canada's Roswell" .

The show suggests that the US and Canadian Navy tracked the UFO(s) further up the Nova Scotia coastline and monitored their activities for 7 days. But the operation was interrupted by a Soviet sub entering Canadian waters and the naval vessels were diverted to intercept.

Why leave the UFO(s) to make their escape to have a look at what the Russians were up to instead.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

the funny thing here, is that project "moon dust" recovered some crashed ufos

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
One thing that I recall about this incident that stood out to me, and as I recall, wasn't there like an orange colored foam that appeared on top of the water after the ufo went in the water?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well, I just came across this now just.

and so I stand corrected about the color of the foam:

But what had left the yellow foam on the water’s surface, and what were the lights they had seen in the sky and then watched for about an hour on the water’s surface?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

the funny thing here, is that project "moon dust" recovered some crashed ufos

We'll never know.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

i saw a list some time ago that showed all the odd stuff they had found

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

Bummer, looks like the video was taken down.

I always tend to fall on the side of the most likely explanation of these things is military or experimental aircraft, but my mind remains open to other things. The eBook version is cheap enough, I'll have to download a copy when I get time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join