It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War with North Korea appears to be happening soon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Behind closed doors: Top N. Korean diplomat on US relations arrives in Moscow for talks

Senior Russian and North Korean diplomats have met in Moscow to discuss the crisis on the Korean Peninsula, media report. It comes as Pyongyang’s war of words with Washington threatens to escalate into all-out conflict.
Oleg Burmistrov, Russia’s ambassador-at-large, met Choe Son-hui, director-general of the North American Department of North Korea’s Foreign Ministry in the Russian capital on Friday, TASS reported. They met behind closed doors.

Commenting on the issue on the eve of the meeting, Heather Nauert, US State Department spokesperson, said that Washington “can’t see that as a bad thing.”

“Diplomacy is our preferred approach. If Russia can be successful in getting North Korea to move in a better direction, we would certainly welcome that,” she told journalists on Thursday.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The biggest risk of war is from someone making a mistake --- miscalculating the other's intentions. The whole smack-talk back-and-forth that Trump started has put tens-of-millions of innocent people at-risk. NK has been testing and being an ass for decades. There was no point in making matters worse. The only solution is to have Kim taken pout from inside. If Trump really wants to solve this there is any easy solution: make it known that whoever takes out Kim and his top supporters can have Trump's real estate empire.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Political science has two assumptions built in, that every leader’s first priority is to retain office, and that every leader is rational, meaning they have ordered priorities. Doesn’t discount Jong Un starting a nuclear war, but makes us ask
Will Kim Jong Un lose office if he doesn’t start a war? I don’t know..
Does Jong Un think he will lose office if he does start one? (Probably)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

The war drums are certainly getting louder.

We could very well be witnessing the foundations of a third world war.

Scary times.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Maybe they signed up so that they would GET fed, since North Korea feeds the military first, before civilians.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
China has ordered all North Korea-owned business to close. Russia is moving troops to their border. It certainly looks like they're gearing up for war.

Now is not the time to visit Guam, temperatures may hit the low thousands any time now.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
AWACS going up all day.
It's on for tonight.
(For you that's this afternoon or early evening).

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daalder
AWACS going up all day.
It's on for tonight.

Where?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

originally posted by: charlyv
Absolute bottom line for Kim, is he dies if he strikes first.
If that did not bother him, he would have done that by now.
He would die if we struck first as well, but there is no reason to sacrifice the stalemate, which is firmly in our favor.

You do realize how unbelievably difficult it is to target someone that’s underground right? Look at the battle of Iwo Jima 10 day shelling of a small island and didn’t even dent the Japanese forces. How is the US going to target one specific man without spending billions shelling the entire country, even then it’s not even guaranteed.

Winning a battle in North Korea is infinitely harder than people actually realize. We can’t even win the Middle East with the enemies using weapons from the 80’s. What are we going to do when we actually have to go against a superpower? What happens if other super powers intervene for their support? America would lose 9 times out of 10.

I agree with most of that, but it was not my point. My point was that it will not happen unless Kim strikes first. Another point might be that if it ever did happen, things would come out of hangars that most people have never seen.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Here's yet another piece of literary excellence from the DPRK (note the sarcasm):

Source

They sure have a way with words.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I have to admit, I may have let out a chuckle.

The "National Peace Committee" is calling for the elimination of a rabid dog (trump). NK's naming of it's political groups never gets old.

~Winter

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

North Korean threats always read like a well crafted attempt at a joke that fails to deliver a punchline.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Incandescent

The think tanks said the same about Desert Shield before we left,THIS one will be ALOT better run.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Incandescent

The think tanks said the same about Desert Shield before we left,THIS one will be ALOT better run.

The problem remains the dug in artillery in the hills in range of Seoul. North Korea's army is poorly equipped, badly led and... well, what else can I say? But that artillery can wreck Seoul. Plus there's the nukes. Plus there's the lunatics who think that the sun shines out of Fat Boy's posterior.
As Churchill said? Jaw Jaw is better than War War.
edit on 29-9-2017 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daalder
AWACS going up all day.
It's on for tonight.

Where?
What proof?
What is on for tonight?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Not THIS tiME at all.
WE haven't TIME for MONTY style WAFFLING, while these nuts get nukes, when we can and will stop them NOW and fully intend to.
WE will NOT attempt to live in an MAD relationship with this speed bump of a country.
NOR will we do so with Iran ,they're next if they don't figure out.
You can't read the devils math on it, I can.
They will get some shots off ...but NOT a nuke,they may have 3 or 4 buried to counter an invasion, however no one can predict what the nut will choose, who kills relatives with ADA guns now ,CAN they?.
Depends on the artillery's crews abilities, to interpret orders,when command is gone.
THAT'S OURS almost completely,caste thinking Europeans(you included) DON'T have any instincts beyond that of orders,for fear of creating Chaos.
WE thrive in CHAOS, so NO big deal to American forces at all.
edit on 29-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Not THIS tiME at all.
WE haven't TIME for MONTY style WAFFLING, while these nuts get nukes, when we can and will stop them NOW and fully intend to.
WE will NOT attempt to live in an MAD relationship with this speed bump of a country.
NOR will we do so with Iran ,they're next if they don't figure out.
You can't read the devils math on it, I can.
They will get some shots off ...but NOT a nuke,they may have 3 or 4 buried to counter an invasion, however no one can predict what the nut will choose, who kills relatives with ADA guns now ,CAN they?.
Depends on the artillery's crews abilities, to interpret orders,when command is gone.
THAT'S OURS almost completely,caste thinking Europeans(you included) DON'T have any instincts beyond that of orders,for fear of creating Chaos.
WE thrive in CHAOS, so NO big deal to American forces at all.

You're saying that you support an immediate attack against North Korea? And you attack me for 'Monty style waffling'? Can I remind you that Monty won most of his battles, with the exception of Arnhem?
Let's not talk about the Iran deal, that's daft, it's actually working.
Let's talk boots on the ground instead. How many can attack over the heavily armed and mined DMZ, how many are available to outflank the DMZ and how many are available for occupation? What does the South Korean government think? And what is available in terms of air support?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Im saying my feelings about what I actually support don't count.
I wouldn't know since we abandoned AIRLAND doctrine in my war ,Desert Storm.
TOO slow and we don't use boots any more.
WE won't take any land away from the the SOUTHERN army, it's THEIR fight anyway and Japans
MY guess is you haven't SEEN how we MAKE crap up ALL the time to clear manmade fortifications as enemies create them,60 years of watching WILL pay off in this established war zone for the second time.

WHITE intelligence data is ass follows:American forces
scontent.fapa1-2.fna.fbcdn.net...
Japan
en.wikipedia.org...

South Korea
en.wikipedia.org...

Add to that "black" world equipment whatever is needed.
My guess is it's "Project Thor" to be used if it wasn't in that Bolide over Russia and that Tanjin explosion,SOMETHING has them cowed,besides nukes apparently.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I don't think people understand the bpots on the ground. Because they think vietnam. We can have a unit hit an area aND within hours they are attacking another area. The US military can quickly move people and equipment hundreds of miles. This is a force multiplyer. You no longer set in an area pounding it out with the enemy you jump over them and cut off their supply lines. No ammo and no food they can't eat or fight. Then you take out pockets of resistence.

There isn't a country in the world that can pick apart a military like US forces. The problem becomes what to do after that. In this case hower you have 4 million south Koreans for occupation forces.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

If the liberal humanitarians on this PAGE had military thinking, they would begin gathering FOOD and clothing as we speak instead of WAITING til we kick their asses.
AS WE always win

BUT they are UNDERFED KOREANS so it 's all small clothing sizes...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join