It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pikes Peak - Ken Block: Climbkhana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
High there!

Are you entertained? No? Low and dull you say? How about a new vid from Ken Block on Pikes Peak?

Kinda lame compared to the monster, innit?

He nearly lost it and drifts like a charme, too. Wait for the heartattack at 8:20.

Whatchathink?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Pikes Peak is a spectacular display of guts and
cajones.

Ari Vartenen has some great footage from back in the day ... and the twin turbo Suzuki beast thing is still a weapon !!

Thanks for sharing !

ED: I used to try and emulate that on rFactor ...
edit on 28-9-2017 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Cool share! Thank you. I would love to see him our the road where I live

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Thats right !

Forgot you were a petrol head ! How's the Trans Am ?

šŸ˜
edit on 28-9-2017 by Timely because: Hating on phone again ! Railing at the android !!

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I think Ken Block is extremely talented and has the reflexes any cat would be proud of , avg speed of nearly 100 mph on that track is eye watering and drifting bends that with any mistake could end in tragedy takes a special type of personal metal.

I nearly wet myself just watching.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I've been up there...beautiful....but I was so sick from the 14K+ sea level elevation it wasn't funny....

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Pikes Peak is on my bucket list. Hoping to ride my motorcycle to the top at a leisurely pace....

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Now let's see a Nascar driver do that

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Let's see Ken do that without the multiple takes.

Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty cool video, a lot of his vids are. But, it's obviously not continuously shot. Many attempts to make this all look "just right".

Any professional driver worth their salt could do this as well. This style is not a particularly hard style to master. Just watch the ease of his inputs. Also, the car was set up to drive in this fashion. In reality, set up for a timed hill climb in a similar or the same car, the car would easily outrun this beast as it slides around wasting huge amounts of time.

It looks cool...but true race craft, it is not.

Still,
for dropping the rears in that left hander

That SURELY got the blood pumping!

But, there are plenty of Pikes Peak climbs that make this video seem tame in comparison.
I wanna see his climb timed, his merit as a driver would be better assessed in that way. Till then, this is just sliding around and burning off tires for....reasons. (Because, the kids think it's cool)
edit on 28-9-2017 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Holy #! 15 minutes in a beast of a car like that would make me smile. 15 minutes with the skills to really DRIVE it would be amazing.

Beautiful on the hairpin at 4:40.

Of all the motor sports, WRC is the one that hypnotises me.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
To me Ken Block is unbelievably boring. Iā€™d rather see someone go up the mountain at 130mph than someone blowing smoke acting like drifting is racing.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Ayrton Senna is still my favorite driver, but I have enjoyed plenty of Block vids!

I have always meant to see an event at pikes peak, but have never managed to actually make it. Thanks for the vids! I find it really interesting how vehicular shenanigans have evolved in the last ~20 years.

I truly miss car and motorcycle racing, still can't get rid of my race bike.

edit on 28-9-2017 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

15 minutes with the skills to really DRIVE it would be amazing.

It is. Self-hypnosis, that's the only way I could describe it.

Idiots having a blaze on a closed track, what a weekend! The music sucks though.

Rally is simply amazing. The only form of racing where going sideways actually makes some sense, in case you don't hit a tree or something.
Just don't put me on a race bike, I'm mental with bicycles already. Just. Don't. Do it! 911 would be nice...

Have at it, you guys! Vehicular shenanigans at the edge of it's racingseat. lol.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Hypnotic is right; it's easy to get lost inside videos like your Porsche one. I've watched it twice eating breakfast

new topics

top topics

join