It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hugh Hefner, Playboy Founder, Dies at 91

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hef has gone to the great grotto in the sky.

He lived a life envied by many, reviled by few, and as iconically American as a moonshot.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
He was famous for using women for sex. Yea.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
He was famous for using women for sex. Yea.

The women wanted him, his fame and the fortune.

Says more about women than it does about Hugh.

P

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Was he? Seems like a number of his centerfolds became successful in their own right. I do not know the dirt, as it were. But he has passed on, so let the truth come out.
Where are the lawsuits? Where is the misconduct?
Where is anything justifying your remarks?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Please tell me I'm not the only one that laughed at the "surrounded by loved ones" part...

Loved ones.

RIP, man. You were a legend.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
No more sex for Hef. I don't ever remember seeing him without his smoking jacket on. You know his jacket will end up being auctioned off for some hefty amount. R.I.P. Hef

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
R.I.P
A buisness genius. And most mens hero. He will be missed.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
He had said earlier in his career, that if you could sum up the philosophy of Playboy, it would represent a form of anti-Puritanism.

R.I.P. HH

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22708888]randomtangentsrme[/post Did you watch his tv show? The guy was gross. He did nothing to help women with his magazine except turn them all into sex gods. They were willing. Women didn't have a lot of options in the 50s. He was always men's wet dreams. Not womens-they just used him as a stepping stone. Hollywood was never friendly to women except for the casting chair. We all know this. It doesn't need more explanation. And, oh, yeah-I'm sure you guys read it for the great "Articles."

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: [post=22708888]randomtangentsrme[/post Did you watch his tv show? The guy was gross. He did nothing to help women with his magazine except turn them all into sex gods. They were willing. Women didn't have a lot of options in the 50s. He was always men's wet dreams. Not womens-they just used him as a stepping stone. Hollywood was never friendly to women except for the casting chair. We all know this. It doesn't need more explanation. And, oh, yeah-I'm sure you guys read it for the great "Articles."

He also invented a business model that grosses in the billions and billions, internationally.
He changed the world.
We are all Bozo's on this bus.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss
R.I.P
A buisness genius. And most mens hero. He will be missed.

Most mens hero ? I guess that could be what is one thing wrong with this planet... men looking up to men who sell smutt for fortunes. A zero can't be hero ... just sayin ' ... had no respect for the man or men like him.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
Hef has gone to the great grotto in the sky.

He lived a life envied by many, reviled by few, and as iconically American as a moonshot.

You haven't a clue where he is right now ...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Hefner in heaven... You might be smoked out. Just sayin'

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I remember when I was a young teenager probably 35 years ago.
I was heading home from somewhere and was cutting through an apartment complex by our house and there was 2 big boxes sitting on the side of a dumpster.
As I was walking by, being a smart ass kid, I kicked one and it didn't budge and damn near broke my toes.
So I opened the box and inside there was dozens of Playboy's...all looked brand new.
I ran home and got my older brother and we drove back and got them lol
There was even some from the early 60s...maybe 125-150 magazines total in the 2 boxes....all in mint condition.
After looking at probably all of them, we took them to a used book dealer and he gave us $200 for the lot.
Memories.....

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Ding dong, the pervert's dead. I'm glad we'll hear no more of the swine.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Nor do you have any clue as to “where” he isn’t.

As if “where” is an appropriate metaphysical concept.

But in death, if there be death, I like to think that the lessons one learns during one’s life come to a positive fruition, and informs our next iteration, if there be such.

Do seek to condemn.

Take Care, that might be your next lesson.
edit on 28-9-2017 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: milano

None of us know where he is .... all I know is he lead a life of extreme sexual sin , and enticed and sold it to others. His gods were sex and money, his ego and fame . The man has alot to answer for ,to the big guy upstairs 😕

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: milano

None of us know where he is .... all I know is he lead a life of extreme sexual sin , and enticed and sold it to others. His gods were sex and money, his ego and fame . The man has alot to answer for ,to the big guy upstairs 😕
Uh, god isn't real and sin is something created by the church so they could sell absolution. Hef was a well liked charismatic fellow who never forced anything on anyone. What is wrong with sex and money? You don't like sex or money? I bet you're a hoot at parties. Nah you're probably not. You prob just point at everyone and judge them because they are less than you.
edit on 28-9-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

edit on 28-9-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I have this strange hunch that, now he's dead, he will be implicated in some enormous scandal that he managed to suppress during his lifetime. There was more than a hint of the honeytrap about some of his activities.

More frivolously, I (a) always confused him with Howard Hughes and (b) thought he died ages ago anyway.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join