It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the next media cycle going to get everyone wound up about?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
My other bet is that the press finally discovers the boondoggle that is Puerto Rico and even though a good portion of the issues have been caused by chronic inept governance of the territory by its own, they'll paint it as systematic racism on the part of the US that has put Puerto Rico the way it is.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Can't argue with that. You share the same thought as the Twitterites, Facebook junkies and the 24/7 news. I guess your mob is bigger that the one I share.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I wouldn't worry too much about that Kets. Something akin to the CF will surely swoop in to save them!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Offensive sports teams names, or street names.
Oh, or even an offensive city or state name.

The UK has some of the worst, like Twatt or Titty-ho.
Or like this city in Austria - Wiki link to a real city that I won't name here.

Those are in other nations, but we have "racist" place names in America that are valid targets for the next outrage, like in Virginia we have Negro Point, Negro Head Rock, Negro Camp Branch, or Negro Den Hollow.

Tons of cities in the south have names like Lee, Forrest, or Hood - and these are being attacked right now in many cities as being racist names, so therefore should be removed.

In the city I grew up in West Texas we had racist school names, like Hood Jr High and Lee High School.

All this racist stuff is a valid target.
Google it, the outrage is bubbling up to the surface already.
In the last 30 days tons of articles are being written about this topic.

Take a look at this wiki offensive place names wiki

Although many of the place names using the N**** word have been changed to "Negro" in order to not be racist, I think they are still gonna be considered offensive and will be changed again.

What we still have though is a ton (literally hundreds if not thousands) of names that could be offensive to Native Americans and so really nothing is safe.

But whatever you do, omg please read this section of wiki about road sign theft.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Can't argue with that. You share the same thought as the Twitterites, Facebook junkies and the 24/7 news. I guess your mob is bigger that the one I share.

Thinking that is what puts you in the mob you're in.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

And I doubt there is to much in the way of that happening as it stands.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

You know what this reminds me of?

"Oh yeah? Well you can't break up with me because I dumped YOU!"

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Wow I cannot even link to the city in Austria, the ATS censor automatically removes the link address! Wow...

Hmmm, ok well it's name is mentioned in the last link about road signs being stolen...
That's a real place.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Care to explain?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I can't date smokers, people who live at home, and Trump supporters.

You know, the media won. The machine won. Americans are divided over everything.

The factions and compartmentalization is staggering. If the USA were a person, they'd be diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic.

We won't have to wait long to see what they churn out next.

edit on 27-9-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: JinMI

And I doubt there is to much in the way of that happening as it stands.

I share that sentiment.

I don't exactly know the way forward. I would guess that use of the tools available such as capitalism is a valid way forward. New platforms with new ideas.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If you click "quote" my post - it will show you the original link and you can copy paste it.
The link won't work because apparently a real city name on Earth cannot be mentioned in our sheltered PC goody-two-shoes society without being considered vulgar and offensive.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Mark my words though guys, offensive place names are the next big outrage.
When you see it happen you'll know I was tipping you off legitimately.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

That's because even in an academic conversation like this one where the intent of the poster and discussion should be quite clear -- that you aren't using a slur or term to denigrate or belittle or try to make someone else feel bad, only to inform that these things exist -- if it makes someone feel bad because they were too stupid to figure out what the context was or just simply felt bad because they were snowflakish that way, then it's hate speech all the same.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah, there have been a lot of University professors getting into trouble for teaching "touchy" topics lately.

There are just certain things certain people aren't allowed to bring up even if it's a legitimate issue pertaining to the topic.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The next thing will be pet discrimination.

Cat people will be fighting tooth and claw against dog people, fish people will go head to head against fish people.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Whatever outrageous new thing Trump decides to say to rile up his base and point the camera away from whatever he's failing at. Extra points if it has a racial or patriotic component that makes his base emotional and therefore forfit any critical thinking.

He is doing what he is meant to be doing, but yes.. I think you are essentially correct. It will be Trump who decides what this nation will talk about next.

Hey JinMI. I don't have much but I would put 5000 stars that Trump picks the next topic.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

That's not a bet I'd be willing to take...I'm not THAT big of a gambler!

I will say that Trump didn't start this fiasco but sure did add to the fire.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Care to explain?

Sure.

The people who constantly give Trump the benefit of the doubt seem to take offense when people like me point out the very real and obvious ways he's leading everyone around by the nose..

If you consider me a part of a "mob" of people who think for themselves and don't accept the government narrative then sure, I'll gladly accept that. I'm happy most of the media are finally holding the president over a fire. Which brings me back to the whole "Mob" thing...

Your views about politics have been shaped through propaganda and confirmation bias to believe that the media is the enemy now, so you stop questioning the government narrative..

Think about that.

And that's the whole point of the "mob" you're in, and you can see it in the comments about the NFL controversy as well. Unabashed allegiance or you're a traitor. That doesn't taste too American to me..

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
The next thing will be pet discrimination.

Cat people will be fighting tooth and claw against dog people, fish people will go head to head against fish people.

Whew. Thankfully I am rabid possum person so I got nothing to worry about.

I have enough controversy to deal with as it is.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join