It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd Guess maybe 5 Percent of those who watch the NFL stand for the Anthem. The hypocrisy is HUGE

page: 39
<< 36  37  38   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: misnomer68
Well, isn't the "standing for the anthem" rule part of the NFL rule book?

If that's the case, it wouldn't apply to viewers at home.

Why would the NFL rule book apply to the fans anywhere.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
You're just confirming my point.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: misnomer68

it would not apply to people at the stadium. It's not about some NFL rule for fans anyway.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

4 U.S. Code § 8 - Respect for flag

(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free

www.law.cornell.edu...

Uh oh. Those people carrying that giant flag on the field are disrespecting it.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

4 U.S. Code § 8 - Respect for flag

(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free

www.law.cornell.edu...

Uh oh. Those people carrying that giant flag on the field are disrespecting it.

Those people are typically members of the military. Maybe you should point that out to one of them directly.

You probably wouldn't, though.
edit on 1-10-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Throes

OK. The military can be disrespectful while requiring citizens to not be. Perfect.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

OK. The military can be disrespectful while requiring citizens to not be. Perfect.

If you think that military members rolling out the flag and saluting it are the issue but players taking knees aren't then I'm honestly really ashamed for America.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

My guess is that you should check your o-rings.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

My guess is that you should check your o-rings.

It's all good. They have the right to protest. They can be jerks, it's allowed by the constitution.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

If you think that military members rolling out the flag and saluting it are the issue but players taking knees aren't then I'm honestly really ashamed for America.

There have been several issues brought up in these threads. But I'll give you a pass.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

It's all good. They have the right to protest. They can be jerks, it's allowed by the constitution.

Them protesting is not protected by the Constitution. Everyone says they can do it because of freedom of speech and that really has nothing to do with it. Their employers could say zero protesting or you are fired and be perfectly legal.

edit on 1-10-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Them protesting is not a Constitutional event. Everyone says they can do it because of freedom of speech and that really has nothing to do with it. Their employers could say zero protesting or you are fired and be perfectly legal.

True..NBA already said no kneeling..

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
How can a game be called 'football' if most of the game the ball is held in hands, maybe if America got the name of the sport right you wouldn't have these problems

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

For starters, those not standing at home aren't protesting a non-existent "threat". Pushing your bullsnip out to the masses through TV is dishonest and selfish. I don't care if people burn flags, nor sit during the anthem (for a real issue). I hate these idiots who are doing it because of dishonesty.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien
Using that analogy,everyone should pull over to the right side if they hear an ambulance,it's the respect you give to it,some people posses pride several not,you can make an excuse about anything,never answers a question

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

You your thread would make more sense if you used the word YUUUUGGGEEE, instead of HUGE.

It is a Trump/Pence world nowadays.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38   >>

join