It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd Guess maybe 5 Percent of those who watch the NFL stand for the Anthem. The hypocrisy is HUGE

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: ColoradoJens

I have patriotic thoughts even though I am sitting on my butt.

Close enough.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Come on, you guys, Jens is making a very good point here. Your patriotic fervor means zilch if you get selective about honoring it. That's just lip service.

Which highlights the whole kneeling outrage as pointless if the outraged don't practice what they demand in the first place, publicly or not. You folks are essentially saying respecting the flag/anthem comes with a sliding scale of importance as determined by lack of consistent actions, while arguing it's paramount & utterly critical out the other corner of your mouths.

Methinks you're the last folks to be freely throwing stones here.

'That was spot on!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

If i happen to see the start of a game on TV, I will alternate standing and taking a knee. I'll be fair to both sides. Guess I'll need to install a white board to keep the tally marks.

That was good. Install the white board now.

link   

It’s about doing it with others. The national anthem, and standing for it, is the last customary gesture that binds all the people of the country together. It’s simple etiquette.

link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Bullsh!t.
It's about the players not standing for the anthem, not every swinging dick that watches on the TV.

Ah, it's ONLY about the players standing - not you when you don't. Got it - there is another one.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well, if it's no big deal, then none of our rights represented by that flag and fought for by those who died mean anything either.

Why exactly are they upset about not having what they perceive as rights again that they feel not standing for the anthem is such a big deal?

If it doesn't matter, then what they are doing isn't a protest but a meaningless gesture. Since we are having this discussion, it must be assumed that it isn't a meaningless gesture.

So what was your point in making this thread? If you manage to convince everyone that what they're doing doesn't matter at all, then they're little spat means nothing.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: twohawks
He know what, those of us that pay for our cable feed have stood, weather it be on the job or behind a cash register or in an office earning a paycheck, we get to say f-u to those that choose not to, because we have earned that right. So f-u to that high horse your on and stick it up the perverbial arse.

So you stand at your job? Ok that's sort of like standing for the Anthem in that you are standing.

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

Seriously.

So that's a no. That makes three (out of three).

"Seriously" means "No" ?

Since when ?

What "Source" makes you think that ?

I see a different problem all-of-a-sudden.

A very serious problem.

Pretty simple question. Care to answer it?

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Most Networks don't show the National Anthem, unless its the NFL playoffs. They have commercials running.

Does that upset you? When it is on, do you stand in your living room?

DO YOU? I don't.

I appreciate your honesty - no i don't. It's never crossed my mind. So what's your beef with the NFL players not standing?

When I'm at a game, I stand because everyone else is standing. If tradition changes one day, and everyone sits, I'll sit. It's not that important of a thing for me to buck the tradition.

My beef is that the players are not just sitting, kneeling, holding up fists, or hiding in the tunnel, out of non-chalantness. They are PROTESTING during the United States National Anthem. It's a disgusting disgrace.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It’s about doing it with others. The national anthem, and standing for it, is the last customary gesture that binds all the people of the country together. It’s simple etiquette.

So why don't people do it together at bars and homes?

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I thought you were from the U.K.? Anyways, that education system you talk about is the same one that taught Trump supporters to stand for the anthem "or else" all throughout their schooling years.

Ironic isn't it?

link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Seriously.

So that's a no. That makes three (out of three).

"Seriously" means "No" ?

Since when ?

What "Source" makes you think that ?

I see a different problem all-of-a-sudden.

A very serious problem.

Progressives supporting a sport that exudes toxic masculinity?????? THE HORROR~~~~~

It's a very simple question - care to answer?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

He know what, those of us that pay for our cable feed have stood, weather it be on the job or behind a cash register or in an office earning a paycheck, we get to say f-u to those that choose not to, because we have earned that right. So f-u to that high horse your on and stick it up the perverbial arse.

I have no idea what you're trying to get smug about here. That you clocked in & therefore standing behind a register = standing for the anthem as it plays at that exact moment? Say wut? Your employer does that?

Apparently you don't get the connection!!!. Let me spell out for you. These players are paged millions a year to work! We work for peanuts in comparision, do you really think we give two #s about what their political beliefs are?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Because they are not where the anthem is being played.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My point has nothing to do with the Anthem but the absurdity of those calling for the heads of NFL players when those creaming loudest are not even standing themselves.

link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Because they are not where the anthem is being played.

Where in the "anthem" playbook does it state you only have to stand if you are at a game?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is a dumb thread.
Standing during the Anthem is, and always has been a public display of respect at a public event.

link   

a reply to: ketsuko

My point has nothing to do with the Anthem but the absurdity of those calling for the heads of NFL players when those creaming loudest are not even standing themselves.

Do you sit for the anthem at sports events?

link   

So you stand at your job? Ok that's sort of like standing for the Anthem in that you are standing.

Don't be a literal ass!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Most Networks don't show the National Anthem, unless its the NFL playoffs. They have commercials running.

Does that upset you? When it is on, do you stand in your living room?

DO YOU? I don't.

I appreciate your honesty - no i don't. It's never crossed my mind. So what's your beef with the NFL players not standing?

When I'm at a game, I stand because everyone else is standing. If tradition changes one day, and everyone sits, I'll sit. It's not that important of a thing for me to buck the tradition.

My beef is that the players are not just sitting, kneeling, holding up fists, or hiding in the tunnel, out of non-chalantness. They are PROTESTING during the United States National Anthem. It's a disgusting disgrace.

I would think if you were so concerned about the country and where it is going you would support those who are peacefully protesting. No where does it state it's against the law (thank GOD) to sit or kneel for the anthem.
edit on 27-9-2017 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join