It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd Guess maybe 5 Percent of those who watch the NFL stand for the Anthem. The hypocrisy is HUGE

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This manufactured outrage is so sad, it exposes so much hypocrisy.

The majority of people watch the game on TV. How many of you who are so outraged stand, take off your hat, and put your hand over your heart in your living room when it is played? I'd say a small minority.

If the anthem is not played on TV, are you outraged and feel the need to contact the TV networks? Are you angry when the anthem is not played at a concert or a play? Is your outrage selective like that?

I've been around a lot of football fans, both sides of the political spectrum and in 25 years have never once seen someone stand unless they are at the game. And at the game you'll notice a lot of empty seats as fans use the time to get beer and food and go to the bathroom.

Bars? Never. Even for the Super Bowl - usually people say like "Come ON! Get on with it! This is too taking too long!"

People really do like the war planes that fly over, and they love the Navy parachute guys, I'll say that.

But seriously, have you been doing your civic duty and been standing for the anthem, say when you are out shopping and the game is on tv at best buy? Do you report the employees that keep selling TV's during the Anthem? Why not? SHouldn't they be fired for ignoring it?

Do you stand in your home? If no, you need to look in a mirror and ask why you are such a blatant liar with your feelings. That is unless you never thought about it before, which I would surmise comprises 90% of you or more.

edit on 27-9-2017 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Dude.

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker
Dude.

So that's a no. Theres one.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

I hate to say it. But the outrage, or outrage of people being outraged is all part of the same agenda.

You think they want more grass roots politics? Nope, left and right. Divided we all stand.

That's just my opinion though. Also, all publicity is good publicity... Especially when the sports networks slamming this and the news companies are owned by... You guess it, the same people.

Any outrage on this is just pawns.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The golden question?

Who cares!

Stop perpetuating BS

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Good point. There's an underlying reason why there's so much outrage over this whole kneeling thing.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I hate to say it. But the outrage, or outrage of people being outraged is all part of the same agenda.

You think they want more grass roots politics? Nope, left and right. Divided we all stand.

That's just my opinion though. Also, all publicity is good publicity... Especially when the sports networks slamming this and the news companies are owned by... You guess it, the same people.

Any outrage on this is just pawns.

Bingo. I also like how the same people are now suddenly angry at the subsidies the NFL gets. Give it to Exxon and all is ok because the create "jobs". It is anti-right wing philosophy to take away money from the top. Trickle down anyone?

+33 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Cultural Marxists are surprised that disrespecting their country and it's culture and those who died so they can act like idiots are surprised?

Not much left to prove our educational system needs an overhaul.......

edit on 27-9-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
The golden question?

Who cares!

Stop perpetuating BS

I agree with that. I felt compelled to say something because it is the easiest test - do you stand? Why only at the stadium?

link   

Most Networks don't show the National Anthem, unless its the NFL playoffs. They have commercials running.

+6 more 
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Cultural Marxists are surprised that disrespecting their country and it's culture and those who died so they can act like idiots are surprised?

Not much left to prove our educational system needs an overhaul.......

So no, you don't stand at home - why not if you feel so strongly about it?

link   

Seriously.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Most Networks don't show the National Anthem, unless its the NFL playoffs. They have commercials running.

Does that upset you? When it is on, do you stand in your living room?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Seriously.

So that's a no. That makes three (out of three).
edit on 27-9-2017 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I just re-read your post. What is your grievance? I don't get it.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

DO YOU? I don't.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I just re-read your post. What is your grievance? I don't get it.

Pretty simple. Do you stand for the anthem in your home?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Interesting question. Does the anthem broadcasted make it less of an anthem?

Probably often used for a bathroom break or visit the fridge for a beer.

link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

DO YOU? I don't.

I appreciate your honesty - no i don't. It's never crossed my mind. So what's your beef with the NFL players not standing?

+25 more 
link   
Oh good. Another liberal rant thread trying to make people feel bad about the anthem.

BTW, my kids think I'm weird standing at attention whenever and wherever we are when the anthem is played.

I also raise and lower my flag daily.

But I'm guessing the OP will find something wrong with that, too. They're upset that they picked the wrong side to be on, AGAIN.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join