It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this prevent a war with NK? Putin puts troops on border...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So, to start with, almost all of my friends from the UK have said that the Express newspaper is damned good for toilet paper.

Now that that has been said....

World War 3 latest: Russia on war footing as Putin's troops amass on North Korea border RUSSIA appears to be preparing for wars as troops have lined up on the North Korea border just one day after Vladimir Putin’s nation fired a ballistic missile.

Putin puts troops on border of NK a day after launching an ICBM

A large number of soldiers were seen arriving near the Khasan crossing point between the two nations on Tuesday.
Photos captured some of the troops patrolling the top of Zaozyonara Hill, a meeting point between Russia, North Korea and China.
Russia is thought to be concerned at the build-up of US troops in South Korea as Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un continue their war of words.

So, honestly, if this is true it could save the world from another war. With any hope, now that two countries are actively saying "Oh HELLZ no!", and China has troops to prevent fleeing NK'ans from heading into their country, maybe Kim Jung Un will chill out a bit? Go back to the hair salon?

Now, many are going to argue that Putin isn't doing this with the intent as I've posited here. Great. I said from the get-go that TheExpress is not respected in the UK (by my friends there, at least).

So, if you think this is Putin just letting his troops get a tan on a hill, which hey, I'm not psychic and I've had no dealings with Russian nationals, so be it! What do you think might be going on?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You said it... the express is a #e news source..

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK
People have said about the Chinese troops on the border that their probable function is to block the passage of refugees. Might not Russian troops be there for the same reason?

Indeed, it could just be a case of being ready for any eventuality. They make war less likely only in the sense that they warn American planners about the possiblities of Russian opposition.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I dunno anything about the express, but a lot of the stories resemble tabloids here in the U.S. I also question the comment of a U.S troop build up in South Korea. News to me.

Wouldn't surprise me if Russia added troops to that border region though. China did that, what, a couple of months ago? Any conflict in the area would probably result in refugees. Russia would want to secure and control their border with NK just as China would.

If they did or not, it's not an indicator of immediate pending conflict.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Perhaps they are planning to pull another Crimea. After all, America did nothing in that invasion and we really couldn't complain here because we've been demanding regime change for a long time. It's actually a brilliant ploy by the always nefarious Putin.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Haha, If they want to "annex" North Korea then I won't protest. I'd rather deal with Putin than Kim.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Russia started beefing up that border around the new year. They sent lots of mobile AA systems and other various armored vehicles. Unlike the con US, other nations have to consistently shuffle their forces around as different threats become realized. Due to the threats of action on the Korean peninsula to which the Russians share like ten miles of border, they were simply being cautious.

There are other threads on it, check them out if you are curious. I am curious about an update on whats there, so if you find anything new keep us posted!
This Just in- Russian tanks reported to be hurtling towards North korea!
Russian/Chinese troop movements to Korean border

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
There was never going to be a war. The only way there would be a war is if the US attacks first. Can’t believe people are too dumb to see this.

We already lost the last 3/4 wars we fought in. Why are you guys so sure we would win this one?

But I guess you can cover that up with childish grade school remarks about Kim and his hair right?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Like it has been said.

Not for invasion. But for stemming the flow of refugees.

When the bombing starts people will be fleeing north.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
There was never going to be a war. The only way there would be a war is if the US attacks first. Can’t believe people are too dumb to see this.

We already lost the last 3/4 wars we fought in. Why are you guys so sure we would win this one?

But I guess you can cover that up with childish grade school remarks about Kim and his hair right?

All we'd really have to do to win this one is kill Kim. We could let China install their own guy to replace him, someone more controllable that'll give up the nuclear weapons.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
So, typical of the Express, it goes from, 'amass' to 'A large number' in seconds of reading.
Anyway Putin's probably just doing Donald Dick a favour...it's the art of the deal.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I wouldn't blame Putin for shoring up his borders in a troubled region likely to produce refugees. However, the videos look suspiciously like the ones made of war games that were falsely touted as being preparations for a general invasion of Western Europe.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If there is war.. NK will be shared bitween 3 super powers. SK will be a no go zone due to radiation.
edit on 27-9-2017 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

Perhaps they are planning to pull another Crimea. After all, America did nothing in that invasion and we really couldn't complain here because we've been demanding regime change for a long time. It's actually a brilliant ploy by the always nefarious Putin.

Putin's a smart guy. He's not going to invade a heavily fortified nation with nothing to gain but more mouths to feed.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I completely agree with you. Same issue for China.
But if the balloon goes up, all bets are off, imo. They'd rather occupy parts of the North on a semi-permanent basis than watch Kim make a mess on their borders and a united Korea afterwards. They can spin being part of the solution at the same time. Hard to say, "We want Kim out. He's destablizing" as your casus belli, and then get mad when China and Russia quickly move to decapitate the snake and try to keep everything else status quo ante bellum.
edit on 27-9-2017 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
If there is war.. NK will be shared bitween 3 super powers. SK will be a no go zone due to radiation.

You can keep dreaming about that like ME. NK is next to China. It will either be China or SK. Russia already has enough land. US cannot be there because they have enough bases around the world and absolutely no reason to be involved with Asian affairs except spying bad guys.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
US cannot be there because they have enough bases around the world...

Except we're already there.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

US cannot be there because they have enough bases around the world...

Except we're already there.

Read the other persons post which he is implying the fall of NK. US has no choice to retreat their base. It will not be split for US cause that wouldn't make any sense and it would be stupid especially under UN.
edit on 27-9-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Read the other persons post which he is implying the fall of NK. US has no choice to retreat their base. It will not be split for US cause that wouldn't make any sense and it would be stupid especially under UN.

'Retreat their bases'? What does that mean? We're already halfway up the peninsula.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Majority of Americans soldiers don't speak Korean let alone look Korean. Let the Koreans handle Korea. This is like sending American troops to Russia and telling the Russian civilians what to do. Oh wait, that would be WW3.

edit on 27-9-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join