It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Giza pyramids - Transport of Granite and Limestone solved

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I don't know how many stones they used nor do I know the exact weight range. How long did it take to do it all? Don't know. 20 -30 - 40 years? Don't know.

I do know they had the technology to do it though.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

A block every 2 minutes 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 20 years. If I remember correctly that is the way it was built.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

A block every 2 minutes 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 20 years. If I remember correctly that is the way it was built.

Just doesn't pass the sniff test imho...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I have already said it in this thread.

No one knows how many blocks were used.

They are not even sure how long it took.

We do have solid evidence on how they did it.
edit on 26-9-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

20 years seems to be the consensus which is quite frankly absurd.

More like 120 years and that's even if the speculated technologies and workforce does what it says on the tin.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Math is our friend in that respect.

Kind of how they managed to construct the things in the first place really.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

No this makes no sense. We are asked to believe this?

All this is just talk. How on earth did they cut 2,000,000 big ass stones?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Math may be our friend, but evidence is king.

If you have taken notice I have not argued the math. Like how long or how many blocks. Those are unknown although many people have guessed.

I am pretty sure the OP is on the "how" it was done.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Copper chisel and a lot of effort or so we are lead to believe.
LoL

Suppose it could be achieved using water and ice if indeed the climate became cold enough at night to facilitate freezing?

But how they would dress said blocks and maintain any kind of uniformity would be rather an impressive act in itself.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

How it was done through does indeed have some distinct parallels as to how long it took to construct. Pretty much stands to reason really if you think about it.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Thanks for the video, I have pondered this subject since I first learned about these huge structures as a kid. This theory makes a lot of sence to me. I actually got a little excited about them again. I think it took a hell of a lot more time than is being said though.
edit on 26-9-2017 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

I have my doubts on how long it took them or how many people were involved, but I have no doubt that there were some smart people back then that knew how to utilize those principles.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I saw something where they supposedly found evidence of them using huge water powered saws to cut the blocks.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

It sounds so logical, water is powerful and these guys didnt have as much stuff to distract them like we do. we rely to much on electronics to figure stuff out, these guys were some thinkers

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

What about using heat and vinegar?

Apparently, it worked for Alexander.

link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: andy06shake

Math may be our friend, but evidence is king.

If you have taken notice I have not argued the math. Like how long or how many blocks. Those are unknown although many people have guessed.

I am pretty sure the OP is on the "how" it was done.

That's not really evidence, it's speculation. Seeing pictures and hieroglyphics from ancient Egypt may be how it was done. It may also be how the ancient Egyptians guessed it was done, if they didn't build them and didn't know who did.

Imagine people 10,000 years from now speculating how the pyramids may have been built, and they come across a Caterpillar catalogue.

The number of blocks per minute is based on the volume of the pyramid, the average size of the blocks, and the assumption that the pyramid was constructed as a tomb. If the pyramid was supposed to be a tomb, then it would be assumed that it was constructed within the lifetime of the person who would occupy it. If the number of blocks per minute seems unreasonable, we should consider the possibility that it wasn't constructed as a tomb.

Sure, maybe the multi-ton slabs were quarried, floated 500 miles down river, then transported five miles into the desert to build the pyramids. But why? Why not build the pyramids next to the river rather than in the desert? Why not build them close to the quarry rather than 500 miles away?

link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

The Egyptians Did not Build the Great Pyramid , like the Spinx , it Existed Long Before they Created a Civilization in the Nile Delta . Egyptology is a Complete Phony Science . There is Absolutely No Proof offered by them to Validate their Fantastical Claims . Scientific Propaganda has Existed since the 18th Century , it's Sole purpose is to keep the General Public in the Dark about the Truth of their Past and of their Heritage .
edit on 26-9-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Certainly evidence located regarding the Spinx suggestive of creation at an earlier period.

Fact is TPTB are hiding whats below a significant percentage of those structures.

Don't know about the hall of records and evidence of Atlantis but there may well be evidence of an ancient antediluvian civilisation that existed before our current notion of Egyptian times.

Might kind of turnover our current conventional notion regarding history and religion all the same hence the ambivalence that surrounds any major excavations in the area to this day.
edit on 26-9-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

They didn't thus was an asumption that was made based off the size. But we learned something since then the interior of the pyramid isn't made if solid blocks. The interior is made of ruble and mortar. Meaning baskets were used most if the time also means time estomatoes are way off. Also explains how pharaohs could build two pyramids in their lifetime.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

There is evidence you are just ignoring it all.

BTW the quarry wasn't 500 miles away as you claim.

OMG look at the picture from one of the quarries. Is that a pyramid in the background? Why, yes it is.

<< 1    3 >>

join