It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneel for the dead?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I heard swallowing red white & blue toothpaste at sporting events is the new compulsory display of patriotism.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Does a "racist" cop think in percentages when he sets out to hunt black guys? No. thats what kills your narrative.

So.. basically you don't understand statistics, got it.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

1) Don't show up for work, school. Whether your blue collar whatever collar. Any profession as far as I am concerned.

2) Stop paying bills, taxes.

Just stop doing everything.

Oh but wait...People need to make a living. Now what?. People are afraid. They will speak out about certain things, but they do not have the balls to address the real issues toward the people that feed them.

If the NFL players really want to make a statement. Don't show up for Thursday Night, Sunday, or Monday Night Football.
edit on 26-9-2017 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

It is not a problem that effects ONLY their communities!!!

It just effects black communities twice as badly..

Go to any trailer park and ask them how the cops treat them...

Aka that is a symptom, not the disease..

The issue is not now, nor has it ever been. Racist serial killer cops executing black males..

I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't even one of those in LE today... maybe there are one or 2, but that's not a national issue.. that's an isolated incident..

And I promise am not issue switchIng..

Like asking why BLM isn't protesting saving the whales or whatever..

Police accountability and their demonization of the victim to avoid paying up is the base issue in both cases.

Poor whites are arrested and convicted for ridiculous infractions constantly as well.

It's just blacks don't have a rich portion of the population to throw off the numbers..

WE WILL NEVER FIX THE PROBLEM BY ONLY ADDRESSING THE BLACK SIDE..

If we fix police shootings for everyone though..

Those last coouple paragraphs are subjective.. you could also say that the fact 10,000 people show up to counterprotest 100 white supremacists as proof they do..

I think cops are trained not to take ANY chances..

The reality is only .0003% of the population would ever kill a cop..even criminals shy away from killing a police officer. But cops treat everyone like a threat "just incase".

That translates to about 700 white people getting killed and 300 black... it's just that blacks are only 13% of the population..

Out of that I would bet MAYBE 250 were actually a threat to the officer..
The problem is the 750 dead people who were not a threat..

The problem is not the racial make up of those statistics..

The problem is that police officers are killing 750 people who were not a mortal threat..

And then the officer goes home and sleep in their own bed like the killings were justified.

That is the disease.. the racial breakdown is a symptom of our history, and I think some random bs factors..

Like dark skin makes facial features hard to distinguish in low light situations.

HUMAN brains instinctively consider anyone they can't see their facial features as a threat..

edit on 26-9-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

FBI.gov

Blacks comprise of approx. 1/5 the population. So based on those numbers whether it's arrests or not. It shows blacks based on their percentage of the population commit more crimes than other ethnicity by a large margin. It's a cultural issue not a all cops are out to get blacks issue.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Butterfinger

Of course you don't want to put raw data in a realistic perspective. Sadly, if you're going to use statistics to argue, you're going to have to.

Why would you want to parse the data by Age and not by Population Density? Is that because your way makes it look better for your argument?

Percentages matter when the subject is injustice, when the matter being protested is the clearly evident targeting by our law enforcement and judicial system of Black Americans. THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE UPSET ABOUT.

You can say anything you like, fabricate anything you like, argue as fallaciously as you like.

I'll just keep pointing it out.

Wrong on all that bud.

Like I said, youre pulling me into strawman arguments points I'm not defending or putting forth.

I posted the raw data based on options on the OP link(TL;DR? Now is your chance to do so) population density wasnt an option I saw. Talk to WaPo on lying by omission.

I posted the data, with link hoping to discuss, not defend raw data or how to interpret it, thats all relative.

Who is put in the ground? Divide by race as is the fashion these days, and discuss.

More whites are buried according to the data due to LEOs.

In the end its the body count, not percentages or averages.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Throw in economic status and bet those numbers even right out..

Since before the last generation or 2 almost no black person inherited any wealth from their forefathers labor. They have a far lower rate of those below the poverty line.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

Does a "racist" cop think in percentages when he sets out to hunt black guys? No. thats what kills your narrative.

So.. basically you don't understand statistics, got it.

I just dont agree with the fact that more blacks are involved with crime on average than whites are just stats due to racial targeting.

Literally more blacks -percentage wise- are getting involved in activity that would result in a cop pulling a gun. That translates to more chance of getting involved in a deadly incident.

What definitely doesn't help is this "cops are pigs" trend agitating the situation. Cops expect push back due to thinking they are racially motivated, and the suspect thinking they are just going to string him up. Bad blood between the two caused by celebs and rich show offs virtue signaling.

Throwing in percentages seems to me more pointing out that given the population density, the black deaths would outnumber the white death count.

Not something I want to consider since I cant read minds, but can read the data.

My point in all this was to post data from a single source(WaPo of all places), and discuss.

Why is everyone so upset with my thread? lol

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Of course you don't want to put raw data in a realistic perspective. Sadly, if you're going to use statistics to argue, you're going to have to.

You can say anything you like, fabricate anything you like, argue as fallaciously as you like.

Raw data is who is in the ground.

Have I fabricated anything?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I heard swallowing red white & blue toothpaste at sporting events is the new compulsory display of patriotism.

I'm thinking it's still better than eating the hot dogs they usually serve.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Raw data is who is in the ground.

Have I fabricated anything?

Do you want to learn anything about statistics and their use in debate? Or would I be wasting my time?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The hot dog was invented in America you Communist! How dare you discredit all those who have died from botulism to honor their country!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Posted here....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussions in the above linked threads.

Thanks

**Thread Closed**

<< 1  2  3   >>

join