It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Late Night Casualty Someone needs to go.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
While flipping channels last night as I lay in bed, unusual considering I normally fall right asleep, I managed to catch a few seconds of a few of the late night shows. Now I don't really watch any of them, but I do "keep tabs" on whats happening in general with the current news stories(both "official" sources and independent).

Anyway, saw a few minutes of colbert pandering to all the faux issues of the times, as most usually do. I had an idea pop into my head.

The current social climate is one of intense racism, it's everywhere, and frankly you are either a white supremacist or a virtuous soldier of "the left". I see this everywhere, especially on shows such as broadcast late night. All the hosts are of course on the right side, meaning they are fighting the good fight with their hollywood brethren. Fighting for equality and against the supremacist.

Just one problem, out of 5 shows(that i'm counting, late night or late late, broadcast), they are all WHITE MEN. Where is the diversity, why are they the gatekeepers. In today's society, the vast majority of humans(sadly) get their news from these late night "comedians". Why am I being told about minority issues from a bunch of CIS White Men(Yes, Corden is straight, I was surprised too).

So, which one of these networks will take it upon themselves to end this racism? Which one of these hosts will be fired and replaced with someone that is more in tune with the issues that face minorities in america. Better yet, which one of these hosts is willing to stand up for their supposed beliefs and STEP ASIDE and let someone from a suppressed group have a voice to their people.

I'm sure none of them will, in the end it's usually lip service, no matter how many tears or how "sincere" they appear. Of course they never thought that pandering to such social/political nonsense would ever affect them. But why shouldn't it?

I'd love to see the above become a "hot button" "social justice" topic, spreading like wildfire across social media. I'd get a pretty good chuckle out of that.

Edited for clarity:

Sorry if it was not clear, the "conditions" i speak are of course the conditions that exist within the media, both television, print and social media. It's their narrative. Normal people aren't living it, but if your in the spotlight you have to read the lines, and pander to the storyline. That's what I meant by "seeing it everywhere".
edit on 26-9-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

The current social climate is one of intense racism, it's everywhere, and frankly you are either a white supremacist or a virtuous soldier of "the left". I see this everywhere, especially on shows such as broadcast late night

I looked out my window, I don't see any of that.

Be careful about equating TV Land with reality.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The current social climate is one of intense racism, it's everywhere, and frankly you are either a white supremacist or a virtuous soldier of "the left". I see this everywhere, especially on shows such as broadcast late night

I looked out my window, I don't see any of that.

Be careful about equating TV Land with reality.

No need to warn me, warn the millions of users on social media(of which I am not one).

Sorry if it was not clear, the "conditions" i speak are of course the conditions that exist within the media, both television, print and social media. It's their narrative. Normal people aren't living it, but if your in the spotlight you have to read the lines, and pander to the storyline. That's what I meant by "seeing it everywhere".

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Blacks and lesbians are on all day.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

No need to warn me, warn the millions of users on social media(of which I am not one).

Good for you. Me neither.

i suspect though, the anonymous internet ism't real either. People don't behave that way in their yard, at work or in the store.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Blacks and lesbians are on all day.

Doesn't matter, these "fights" are usually not logical. They are emotional and random, generated by and fixated on by those of dubious intelligence.

IE: I see 5 white guys on tv, I want to see 2 white guys, a black guy, a transgendered individual and 5th can be dealers choice.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Good for you. Me neither.

i suspect though, the anonymous internet ism't real either. People don't behave that way in their yard, at work or in the store.

Nope, but they think that way in their head. Given enough stress, or the right atmosphere(surrounded by their "peers") they WILL act that way.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Well by the numbers.
3 whites
1 black
1 other
And 2.75 women
.30 gay

Should be an interesting breakdown.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Nope, but they think that way in their head.

Thats what the MSM wants people to think , in their head. Those programmed by TV 'programming' are conditioned to act out how they feel.

Very dangerous indeed.

edit on 26-9-2017 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I want to see 2 white guys, a black guy, a transgendered individual and 5th can be dealers choice.

Submit your idea to MSNBC.
They could fill the bill easily.
All they have to do is hire some comedy writers for their regular news shows.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

How is this racism, exactly?
Just because you aren't getting what you want to see?

So. Let me get this straight. It's racism just because networks don't cater to your specific wants and needs of who you think should be on late night TV?

Oprah, Ellen...they are on during the day.
There are two of your needs and wants.

Damn. I don't understand your mentality.
Unless it's sarcasm, I don't want to.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

I think he's just pointing out the lack of diversity in late-night television on the networks that all seem to champion diversity.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok

How is this racism, exactly?
Just because you aren't getting what you want to see?

So. Let me get this straight. It's racism just because networks don't cater to your specific wants and needs of who you think should be on late night TV?

Oprah, Ellen...they are on during the day.
There are two of your needs and wants.

Damn. I don't understand your mentality.
Unless it's sarcasm, I don't want to.

This isn't my mentality, it's the ethos of the current political movements of the extreme left wing. I, and I'm sure anyone east of a moderate liberal, find this dog and pony show to just be ridiculous.

Like Bluntone said, they cry and champion diversity, a diversity that is ironically missing in late night tv. If they are so dedicated to these political movements, then why don't they practice what they preach.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Did you just assume their genders? I'm trying to figure out if this is sarcastic to a point or not.......... but anyway...

It's not going to become a social issue, because this is where the left gets their news. If you follow OD, or anything like that, you would see that their entire platform hinges on what comedians and performers have to say. They have no concept of government, constitution, rights, etc. It's all the comedians, athletes, actors, and so forth.

If there was some sort of issue with these tv shows, everything would go into tail spin. They would have no where to get news, no source material to make memes, or amazing comedy news clips to share.

Ok, I guess they would eat up all the twitter fighting that would ensue.... But no, no one will get fired or step back so that some minorities can come forward and say the exact same thing.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Malcom X was ahead of the curve on this one -

edit on 9 26 2017 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

He was a brilliant man, It's a shame that the black community has missed the target so badly when it comes to "leaders" of their community.

Not that any other groups are much better. Who people look up to today is very telling of what the future holds.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Ok so you are asking where is the diverisity in these networks that claim to herald all their political prowess on the airwaves, and shockingly don't have it.

I'd be willing to bet they have their viewers already and rating numbers to prove that the late night is reserved for the lesser known characters. Like I said, Oprah and Ellen are in the top spots.

There is your diversity.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok

Ok so you are asking where is the diverisity in these networks that claim to herald all their political prowess on the airwaves, and shockingly don't have it.

I'd be willing to bet they have their viewers already and rating numbers to prove that the late night is reserved for the lesser known characters. Like I said, Oprah and Ellen are in the top spots.

There is your diversity.

Not the point, it's not the overall diversity, it's all about narrowing your scope, and choosing a very small section that should represent the entire range of diversity.

That's their reasoning apparently.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

That's a powerful statement from Malcom X for sure.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

IE: I see 5 white guys on tv, I want to see 2 white guys, a black guy, a transgendered individual and 5th can be dealers choice.

are you talking about just this moment in time or in say the last 15 20 years? if you think back there have been all that you mention.

at least four black guys,
Tavis Smiley, Arsenio Hall, Montell Williams, Trevor Noah, there are others.
women
wendy williams, cheisla handler, samantha bee, joan rivers, there are others both black and white.
transgender
only one that i know of,
rupaul

top topics

<<   2 >>

join