It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear doubters, B.o.B wants to prove the Earth is flat once and for all

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I can tell you one thing. If I managed to get a bunch of flat earthers to send me $200,000 to launch a satellite into space, I'd be happy to tell them any lame thing they wanted to hear to keep the money flowing in.

Incidentally, I suspect this is how 90% of the conspiracy industry manages to exist.
edit on 26-9-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I try.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
maybe he believes the satellites are white privilege creations and he needs black ones to prove whitey wrong lol

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Think it costs around $50 million to $500 million depending on the size/weight of the satellite.

There are some cheaper options, but they have limited capability.

So $200,000 is rather short of even the entry level mark really.

edit on 26-9-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Think it costs around $50 million to $500 million depending on the size/weight of the satellite.

There are some cheaper options, but they have limited capability.

So $200,000 is rather short of even the entry level mark really.

I'd put that info in my crowd-source update memo. lol.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

To be honest anyone with a simple telescope or binoculars can determine our Earth is not flat never mind the position of the Moon, ships and the horizon, varying star constellations, shadows and sticks or even being able to see farther from higher up pretty much disproves the notion of a flat Earth.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
A rapper?? Hitting the blunt and sings...

The Earth is flat yall, and that's a fact yall
And if you prove to me it's round... uhh.. I'll take it back, yall..

*wicked beats*

you have no idea haha..

his last like 4 albums are basically every conspiracy ever from flat earth to all nasa pics are fake he was cloned as are all celebs mk ultra chemtrails vaccines money banks morgellons gmos blah blah blah..

his album called EARTH is a picture of the "dome earth"

Flatline pt1

and

Flatline pt2

and best of all hahaha

best of all Neil degrasse tyson took part in a response dis track called

Flat to Fact

and B.o.B is thought to make about a million a year but who knows these days hes gone way off the rails.

sort of had a twitter melt down where he was saying weird # like if i die you know who did it..

meh.. he should lay off the trees for awhile.

edit on 26-9-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

To be honest anyone with a simple telescope or binoculars can determine our Earth is not flat never mind the position of the Moon, Ships and the horizon, Varying star constellations, Shadows and sticks or even being able to see farther from higher up pretty much disproves the notion of a flat Earth.

That's as good an explanation as any. Where I live in Newcastle, County Down, a seaside town, on a good day you can see the tips of the mountains on the Isle of Man..but not much more, while the IoM has several mountains including Snaefell, which is over 2000 feet at it's summit, and obviously, you cannot see the coastline??? why do people go on with this silly.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

"Why do people go on with this silly."

Same reason a significant percentage of our race believe an anthropomorphized omnipotent sky God is going to descend one day and/or save/redeem our arses.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
B.o.B. must not be a cat person as if the Earth was flat then all the cats would have knocked a great deal over the edge by now.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Gravity being what it is, you would think we would run out of water rather sharpish all that water running off the sides, if indeed our Earth was flat, or maybe we exist in a bowl world?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

"Why do people go on with this silly."

Same reason a significant percentage of our race believe an anthropomorphized omnipotent sky God is going to descend one day and/or save/redeem our arses.

It's worse than that, at least believing in a God has a certain cachet, and since there are alternatives, especially in this, 'space age' to explain the reasonableness..or otherwise.
What's really crazy here is that the guy wants to put up a satellite to go see not even with a caveat of some kind!

I hope he would donate the money to something really worthwhile at the end of the er, day..plenty of people in need of help!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Help in this world is few and far between these days or so it seems to me.

The bastards give with one hand and take with the other really.

Don't see why God would be any different, thing is one can only imagine what he would want in return, given the implied omnipotence?

Fact is any deity or creator that requires attendance inevitably has an agenda.

If organised religious practice is anything to go by then God is going to want our monies. LoL To what end one can only imagine.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Imagine if you will that you are in the middle of an ocean ; draw an imaginary circle that is 1 mile in radius and imagine you are in the center of this Circle .

360 degrees , all around you the curvature drops 8 inches says the science .

Curvature of Earth is not visible from the ground says some and some others says bollocks to that the ships disappear over the horizon due to curvature of the Earth .

I don't know about you but my eyes function well and I can tell the difference between 1 mile long straight line and a 1 mile long Arch that imitates Earth's curvature .

Lord Steven Christ says the Earth is Concave ; Eric Dubay says Earth is Flat and Neill De Grass Tyson says the Earth is Convex i.e Oblate Spheroid .

I say how come I can't detect , measure or observe the curvature of Earth by simple science .

And there is this ongoing revival about this subject too .

There is a Conspiracy going on somewhere but where ?

This subject ain't going anywhere ; ATS better talk about it .

edit on 26-9-2017 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432
Imagine if you will that you are in the middle of an ocean ; draw an imaginary circle that is 1 mile in radius and imagine you are in the center of this Circle .

360 degrees , all around you the curvature drops 8 inches says the science .

Curvature of Earth is not visible from the ground says some and some others says bollocks to that the ships disappear over the horizon due to curvature of the Earth .

I don't know about you but my eyes function well and I can tell the difference between 1 mile long straight line and a 1 mile long Arch that imitates Earth's curvature .

You can't see the curvature of the earth from the ground, but you do see the effect if appropriate, as per the ships ....that answers the false contradiction in your first para.
edit on 26-9-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

You can't see the curvature of the earth from the ground, but you do see the effect if appropriate, as per the ships ....that answers the false contradiction in your first para.

You mean to say that you can't tell the difference between an arch and a straight line by observation ?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

You mean to say that you can't tell the difference between an arch and a straight line by observation ?

Sunset N. Ireland 27/09/17 Sunset Today: 19:09....London, 18:47 So I guess the Klingons, clung on to the sunset my side of the warther.

Now go to fecking bed.

edit on 26-9-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Sunset N. Ireland 27/09/17 Sunset Today: 19:09....London, 18:47 So I guess the Klingons, clung on to the sunset my side of the warther.

Now go to fecking bed.

Nice strawman argument you got there ; did you get it from Copernicus or Pythagor himself ?

Better go and see an optician I say ; your vision seems rather faulty .

You are telling me that you can't tell the difference between an arch and a straight line either .

This subject ain't going anywhere ; better find out why , after all ,this here is ATS for a reason , eh ?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Interesting, have to check out those flatline tracks thanks! As for BoB he sure makes hip hop more interesting with all those out there (or are they??) theories in his songs. I've had his newest album (Ether) sitting here for a while , might have to listen through it to see what new stuff he's saying. Allthough I don't agree with him on the flat earth and wish he'd get a new obsession, I still think it's mc's like him that give me faith. Hip hop is my obsession, especially when the topic is not that bland blabla crap you hear on the radio.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join