It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Says America Has Declared War.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Haven't we remained at war with them since the 1950's?? I never thought the first conflict ever truly ended...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: alldaylong

well the Donald said they 'wouldn't be around for much longer' one his Monday mornings Twitter diatribes....

so if I were NK, after that Twitter rant, and I spot war planes from a country halfway across the world near my air space I would be inclined to assume Trump is trying to strike my country and defend myself.

Which would be a checkmate move for the US.

That would be the "false flag" that the U.S. needs to launch an overwhelming strike against the North Koreans. Whether they hit or missed what they were shooting at, they will have engaged an American warplane and that would result in green lights across the board for America to take Kim down.

Kim may be a nut job, but I doubt he would ever fall into this trap.

Ahh this is where the few SAMs that NK left behind in the south would come in handy. Set up a remote controlled Recon plane...add a few dead bodies(oh i mena crew) then shoot it down after it accidentally crosses into the DMZ airzone. voila. NK started the war.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Fat boys a numpty!!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
As long as the US stays out of NK airspace this is just more hot air.

Problem here is that it makes sense for them to do what they are doing. They see demonstrating the capacity to nuke the USA as essential for regime survival and as a way to extort money.

The USA has to decide whether to accept that and enter a deterrence arrangement with NK or voluntarily start a war killing hundreds of thousands of South Koreans to stop it. A war that would probably see China involved.

Both options are bad but this is the dead end where the idea of pre-emptive regime change has led us. The west's word is worthless and the NK may be deranged, but they are not stupid.
edit on 25-9-2017 by justwokeup because: Typo

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Right, because they have no right to shoot down anything that illegally crosses into their airspace. Just like Russia didn't have the right to shoot down the two Korean Air planes that illegally entered their airspace.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Right, because they have no right to shoot down anything that illegally crosses into their airspace. Just like Russia didn't have the right to shoot down the two Korean Air planes that illegally entered their airspace.

this to me is kind of the scary thing.

the Air Force has already been flying just off the DPRK coast as a show of force.

What if they slip into DPRK airspace and some poor Korean sitting at a air defence station has to ask the question "do I fire and start a war or do nothing and face punishment?" so shoots a American jet down, this forces America to retaliate and before you know it the war of words has turned into a full blown war.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

This is what puzzles me...

Wouldn't we have to be pulling a lucitania to be shot down.

Surely if we invaded their airspace it wouldn't be with non stealth planes we were sure could be targeted?
edit on 25-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

This is what puzzles me...

Wouldn't we have to be pulling a lucitania to be shot down.

Surely if we invaded their airspace it wouldn't be with non stealth planes we were sure could be targeted?

A stealth plane that is 100% invisible to radar does not exist.

North Korea has been improving their air detection capabilities quite substantially in recent years.

Their main problem is not so much detecting aircraft as it is maintaining lock long enough to guide the missile to target. Stealth aircraft have a tendency to flash "on-off" if you will on radar.
edit on -050012pm9kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I think you may notice I wrote targeted....

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

They're staying far enough outside Korean airspace to prevent that sort of thing from happening. They also have multiple navigation systems that help them stay outside their airspace.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

isnt the DMZ owned by no one? And what if a plane declares a emergency? isnt there rules dictating a passenger plane being granted landing if its in emergency? plenty of ways to false flag this is all im saying zap.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

EC-121 shot down.
SR-71 shot at.
OH-58 shot down.

And yet, other than the original war, nothing was done.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
We never stopped the war with NK. Kim is just doing his usual "Imma blow you up" Tantrum. He can go piss off like anyone is going to take him seriously. I think the fact that the world is literally ignoring his "threats" is what is making Fatboy Kim mad and angry.

I really wish he would do what he is threatening to do so the world has a reason to wipe his country off the map.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Ahhh got ya. Well nothing to do but sit back. Want to take bets on when it might kick off?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

but looky what the good North Korean Foreign Minister added to his statement
From BBC

Ri Yong-ho said this could apply even if the warplanes were not in North Korea's airspace.

I am going to guess that saying we have already declared war on them that they are trying to use that to get out of being accused of a first strike if they do start taking shots at out planes in South Korean airspace.who knows,these guys are always talking apocalyptic

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

EC-121 shot down.
SR-71 shot at.
OH-58 shot down.

And yet, other than the original war, nothing was done.

Well ideally nothing significant will happen.

There has been far, far greater tension and events in Korea before now.

1967-1969 being a particularly volatile time.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: modified device

but looky what the good North Korean Foreign Minister added to his statement
From BBC

Ri Yong-ho said this could apply even if the warplanes were not in North Korea's airspace.

I am going to guess that saying we have already declared war on them that they are trying to use that to get out of being accused of a first strike if they do start taking shots at out planes in South Korean airspace.who knows,these guys are always talking apocalyptic

They're not actually going to do anything.

This is just their way of saying they're not happy with the ongoing US military flights.

Few countries would be, in their position.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

But back then we were already way to involved in Vietnam and all the Hippie/civil rights movements on the homeland to worry about one plane getting shot down and an environmental research ship being used to spy getting captured,now there is a different President and whole new set of circumstances.I am not saying one plane getting shot at or a few pot shots across the DMZ will turn into apocalypse now but it's a different ball game isn't it?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: modified device

Read the links provided further down the page. In 1969, a North Korean MiG-21 shot down an EC-121 90 miles off the coast of North Korea. Pretty sure their airspace doesn't go out that far.

And if you had read the post that was in reply to, he talked about flying a plane over the DMZ to spark an incident. And they didn't say over South Korea. This was in response to B-1s flying North of the DMZ, in international airspace just outside North Korean airspace. They're not going to shoot at planes over South Korea because that will bring in a lot of people, as it WOULD be an act of war that South Korea couldn't overlook.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: modified device

There were many US and allied aircraft shot down during the 50s and 60s that were ignored. It had nothing to do with being embroiled in Vietnam at the time, as it did not wanting to spark something bigger.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join