It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You claim to want change, but you can't even turn off a football game?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
You probably wouldnt want me to do that though.. because I would have to segway into economical statistics by race and have to bring up topics such as redlining and the inherent discriminatory systems in place in or society.

Nice try though

yeah, you probably won't get any takers on that.... my post on redlining just got a bunch of nonsense back >_>

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Poverty is no excuse to pick up a gun and rob, murder and loot.
Chinese, irish, and many ethnic groups came to america dirt poor and didnt resort to thuggery

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

you totally miss the point, and even come super close to being a racist relating ethnicity to crime.

the point is poverty breeds crime no matter what race you are, an undeniable fact.

People are more likely to be drug addicts than any specific race, it honestly is sickening even listening anymore.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

you get no medal as youve not shown the cause of the shootings, or are you suggesting every shooting by police is cold blooded murder?

like this?

or could they be somewhat like this?

no medal.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

Are you daft?
I was responding to someone who was spewing crime/police shooting statistics broken down by race.

And for the record if im racist against anyone its white people.
Now take a knee or something kiddo
edit on 25-9-2017 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Poverty is never an excuse for violent revolt. The Irish were treated worse than blacks at one time. The Chinese kept to themselves.

Now? Different story. Thugs are bred these days due to bad morals, bad music, brainwashing the masses via mass media. If people haven't gotten it by now they never will.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

I just proved to you that POC are not only killed by police twice as much as us white people... but to answer the question you just asked.. I proved to you that they are like 20% more likely to get shot and killed by police when they dont even have a gun! Did you see that second post?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

It would be fun to cross reference those stats then after and compare it to the amount of crime white people get away with.

You can give me whatever statistics you want honestly, it's not that white people commit crime, it's that the police don't even have the balls to tell me to get a licence in the last 10 years I've been driving without one in every interaction they've pulled me over, and it's because I'm white.

and quite likely full of bs...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

You can give me whatever statistics you want honestly, it's not that white people commit crime, it's that the police don't even have the balls to tell me to get a licence in the last 10 years I've been driving without one in every interaction they've pulled me over, and it's because I'm white.

is that a crime or a misdemeanor ? Maybe you prefer to be shot for it ?

and it's because I'm white.

or is it that you've never threatened a cop...?

are you in his face...asking for trouble ? demanding your rights ? refusing to comply ?

If not...I understand if they let it slide.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

Poverty is no excuse to pick up a gun and rob, murder and loot.
Chinese, irish, and many ethnic groups came to america dirt poor and didnt resort to thuggery

there are so many things wrong i'm not sure where to start here... for one, you're comparing conditions in the what, 1800s, early 1900s, with today? apples and oranges, economically.

for another, you're talking about emigrant populations vs. those who were born into slavery and freed and not given dick to work with. not to mention all the segregation and jim crow laws and redlining specifically targeting black people.

for a third, your whole phrasing seems like your perspective is just that black people are morally defective in some way, and that's why all the problems they''re suffering now is just their fault, which is amazingly, willfully ignorant of context, history, basic human decency, scientific observation... and just brains.

wake up to yourself
edit on 25-9-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: StunPrix

Dude bro, you forgot to account for the fact that blacks commit 38.5% of violent crimes despite only accounting for 13.8% of the population. Lol!!

Hahaha

Silly me... I guess I also forgot to include the statistics on how POVERTY is the the #1 purveyor of crime. Which essentially becomes crimes of necessity (robberies, shoplifting, holdups, drug trade, and drug wars).

You probably wouldnt want me to do that though.. because I would have to segway into economical statistics by race and have to bring up topics such as redlining and the inherent discriminatory systems in place in or society.

Nice try though

You can do whatever your little heart desires. Just be sure to include the Indeed job postings from your area so we all can conclude these violent crimes were nessitated by lack of opportunity.

Cool winky face though

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

omg ur rite.

everyone should kneel in order to spread the whole story of everyone's life in pove... oh, only black people, ok got it.

wait, but inequality???

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

for another, you're talking about emigrant populations vs. those who were born into slavery and freed and not given dick to work with.

so every non white person is automatically disadvantaged ?

If that were the case...and racism is institutional...there would be no successful or rich non white people. We know that's not true. Plenty of rich black people...powerful too. For God sakes...you had a black president.

Get off your victim card man. It's so old.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

Nice try though

yeah, you probably won't get any takers on that.... my post on redlining just got a bunch of nonsense back >_>

so someone redlined to a life of poverty, causing them to statistically more prone to violent crime, shoud just be ingored by the law and in order to get the message out sickeningly wealthy ball fondlers will take a knee during the anthem... yeah?

#don'tkillcrooks is the new rage huh.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

If that were the case...and racism is institutional...there would be no successful or rich non white people. We know that's not true. Plenty of rich black people...powerful too. For God sakes...you had a black president.

so you misinterpret what i say, construct a straw man, and then finish up with a traditional whine. well done, that's an ATS hat trick.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
so someone redlined to a life of poverty, causing them to statistically more prone to violent crime, shoud just be ingored by the law and in order to get the message out sickeningly wealthy ball fondlers will take a knee during the anthem... yeah?

#don'tkillcrooks is the new rage huh.

so your position is that police killings of unarmed black citizens is always justified, because they're all crooks, even when they've not been charged with a crime, or when the crime is nonviolent? you're okay with cops handing out death penalties to black people on the streets?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

so you misinterpret what i say, construct a straw man, and then finish up with a traditional whine. well done, that's an ATS hat trick.

sure...ignore the facts because they dont serve the cause.

It's what you libs do...claim nonsense in the face of reality. If you dont like facts...call them racists.

It's really old...and few people can take you seriously anymore.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
These threads are gettin pretty ugly.

See yall at the race wars!
Peace!

edit on 25-9-2017 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

you totally miss the point, and even come super close to being a racist relating ethnicity to crime.

the point is poverty breeds crime no matter what race you are, an undeniable fact.

People are more likely to be drug addicts than any specific race, it honestly is sickening even listening anymore.

but blacks are proportionally shot more than whites. the system is racist.
but statistically blacks commit more crime.
but blacks are redlined to poverty and poverty breeds crime. the system is racist.
but why dont most other cultures living in poverty feel the need to commit violent crime?
but anyone living in poverty can be a criminal. youre racist.
but statistically blacks commit more crime.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

a reply to: badw0lf

I just proved to you that POC are not only killed by police twice as much as us white people... but to answer the question you just asked.. I proved to you that they are like 20% more likely to get shot and killed by police when they dont even have a gun! Did you see that second post?

ahh they didnt have a gun. on their way to sunday school, no doubt..

let us kneel...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join