It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Awards Ambassadorships to Black College All-Stars.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
As we repeatedly see during President Trump's first year in office, he has a heart for African Americans. Not the radicals who cause trouble, but for those who are smart enough to understand that no other country on Earth, offers such a rich array of opportunities for success.

The White House Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) announced its 2017 HBCU All-Stars at the Annual Summit hosted at the White House on Monday, September 18, 2017. The 62 All-Stars are undergraduate, graduate, and professional students recognized for their outstanding accomplishments.

The All-Stars are appointed for one year to serve as ambassadors of the White House Initiative on HBCUs. The All-Stars provide outreach opportunities and communications to their fellow students about the value of education and the Initiative as a networking resource. Selected from a wide-range of applicants, the All-Stars came highly recommended from HBCU administrators and proved impressive beyond their resumes, transcripts and thorough applications.

“As a proud HBCU graduate, I am personally thrilled to congratulate this year’s impressive class of HBCU All-Stars,” said Omarosa Manigault, Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the Office of Public Liaison.

Additional Info and Listing of the 2017 All-Star Recipients: www.whitehouse.gov...

Being THE White House Ambassador at your college, is an honor and extreme resume enhancer. Especially when the President at the time, is making America even greater!

-CareWeMust
edit on 9/25/2017 by carewemust because: minor title adjustment

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You do understand this is the equivalent of the "I am not a racist, I have a black friend" argument right?

I can dislike giving money to charitable organizations, but benefit from doing so as I get tax breaks. If anyone asks or if anyone questions my character, I can always say... huh!?! What do you mean im greedy? I donated $100 to child crisis centers last year!?

That doesnt mean anything.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

You do understand this is the equivalent of the "I am not a racist, I have a black friend" argument right?

I can dislike giving money to charitable organizations, but benefit from doing so as I get tax breaks. If anyone asks or if anyone questions my character, I can always say... huh!?! What do you mean im greedy? I donated $100 to child crisis centers last year!?

Are you unable to acknowledge a good thing when you see it?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Oh of course. I think it is a great thing to have done!

Its just the nature of the post read as one of a "clap back" variety.

Being a White house ambassador sounds pretty cool, and I agree with the OP that it makes an excellent resume enhancer.

I do however wonder if the students will protest this program or not, and by protest I mean refuse to participate. Probably not because it does look great, but we have seen in modern day culture that POC have declined invitations to the white house as of recent despite its honor due to their personal moral and political allegiances.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Trump could cure cancer by hand and broker peace in the middle east whilst saving kittens from a fire and would still be hitler in the eyes of people who cant see past their own hate.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Not the radicals who cause trouble, but for those who are smart enough to understand that no other country on Earth, offers such a rich array of opportunities for success.

Yea because slavery opened so many doors!

Black pastors called MLK a radical because he wanted something called civil rights for black people.

If rocking the boat and making life uncomfortable for those that enjoy the fruits of ill gotten labor, then you can count me in among those trouble makers.

And I am to please.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

So, your thinking is that Trump is racist if he does nothing for black people and he is racist if he does something for black people. In other words, you hate Trump and can't see past that hate.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Could be pandering, could be legit.. nobody will ever really know.

Everybody has turned everything into a race issue and its almost impossible to discern fact from fiction. This is why I see politics and social issues as a joke. Too many delicate irrational minds out there.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose

Trump could cure cancer by hand and broker peace in the middle east whilst saving kittens from a fire and would still be hitler in the eyes of people who cant see past their own hate.

Based on what I hear in the MSM...I'm pretty sure Trump likes to SET kittens on fire.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
Could be pandering, could be legit.. nobody will ever really know.

Everybody has turned everything into a race issue and its almost impossible to discern fact from fiction. This is why I see politics and social issues as a joke. Too many delicate irrational minds out there.

It's A president, doesn't matter which, so I'm going with pandering

top topics

join