It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These are the NFL Teams Not Participating In The National Anthem

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Why?

Is it the national anthem that's oppressing people?

I thought it was just a symbol to make a point at a bigger problem?

Hell, if banning the national anthem will bring utopia, ok.

If not, then this is all show and no substance.

edit on 24-9-2017 by Black_Fox because: Things

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: infolurker

As "people of color", they've done pretty well for themselves.

which is why they're using their relative privilege and visibility to take a stand for those who don't have that voice...

That ain't going to click for those who can't see past their own selfish desires.

They'll demand that the NFL players take care of each and every worlds problem.

Because unless you yourself can alleviate global issues, you shouldn't speak of it.

Because exercising Constituional rights is racist, pathetic, a disgrace, and disrespectful to the nation.

It's amazing how many folks parade the concept of stripping away Americans Consitufional rights.

Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: fiverx313

And what are they protesting? Too many black criminals get themselves shot? (AKA violent black criminals should get to run amok)

And in another thread, I'm being told that racism doesn't exist.

Lol. K.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
As much as im trying to walk away from this discussion, I do have a question.

Ok, they took a knee, or many a knees, great, good work.

The world saw, the media saw, fans saw, politicians saw, even some birds saw, so now what?

What next?

Whats stage 2?

Football players becoming cops?

Politicians?

Role models?

Whats the next step now?

Taking more knees from this point forward would be stupid.

Point was made.

Whats stage 2?

What should take place is a discussion and debate, but I doubt that will happen. Too many people are willing to simply toss this aside because it does not jive with their political lean, their feelings of ultra-nationalism and it interferes with their Sunday bread and circus.

We should be willing to engage in that discussion, but we have seen from past experiences, like BLM, we are not willing to do so.

Black folk just need to shut their mouths and be grateful for what they have, right?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
If color matters so much you would think that they would protest the redskins.
But color only matters when it's the right color.

Anyways, pissing off half of the country will not help the situation they are trying to raise awareness for. They need to find better ways to get young black men the guidance and support they need to succeed in life.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I find kneeling to be offensive to people in wheelchairs.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Stage 2 is playing the national anthem while the teams are still in the locker room.

Don't be fooled, this was a corporate decision. Management has been beating their heads trying to find a way to stop this without firing players and getting sued out the ass. If they're not on the field, they can't protest. Now we can get back to sports instead of politics.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
If color matters so much you would think that they would protest the redskins.
But color only matters when it's the right color.

Anyways, pissing off half of the country will not help the situation they are trying to raise awareness for. They need to find better ways to get young black men the guidance and support they need to succeed in life.

Half of the country?

That's like 160ish million people.

Did they take a poll?

Nah, just more talking out of the ass by people upset over Americans exercising their Consitutional rights.

I used to laugh at claims of "Constituionalists being used as a negative term," but I'm not laughing so much now.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: infolurker

I wonder how all those starving in Africa feel about these millionaire crybabies blabbering on and on about how racist America is.

Millionaire crybabies?

lol nice appeal to emotion manipulation technique or logical fallacy. Works like a charm.

I wonder how all of those starving children in AMERICA feel about Donald Trump whining about how hard he had it after his pops left him a cool 200$m.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Finally, after eight years of racism and hatred under the Obama administration the brave and conscientious players of the NFL have decided to voice their concerns. Better late than never I guess.

I wonder what recent law has been passed that acted as the straw that broke the camel's back?

Maybe they finally decided to protest the loss of the basic freedom to chose whether or not they wanted to buy health insurance.

Maybe they are protesting the loss of the Fourth Amendment rights against unreasonable search and seizure. Things like the TSA and Civil Asset Forfeiture.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
I wonder when they'll go into the slums of Chicago, NYC, Cali and NO to help with the Black crime and murder epidemic. I bet never, it's easier to blame whitey and the police than to admit that your culture has failed and needs a serious remake to
ensure the future of your children and your country.

Who is blaming whitey?

Keep on making random # up. It's reallllllly helping your cause, lol.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
Who are you people?

Snap out of it. Your children will have to apologize for your hatred and lack of human empathy someday.

Americans have every right to peacefully protest.

Try embracing our differences and listening to other perspectives.

Or eat soap. Something.

Yuck.

Try peacefully protesting by bringing your politics openly into your workplace like they are and see how long you remain employed.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I don't think anybody is upset about the protest itself,but by what it means. It's disturbing to have people with such disdain for their country amongst you. Ita like they want to believe that they're picked on and hunted. Like they want to bury their heads in the sand because finding a solution to their cultures problems is too hard. They found a scapegoat, the police and Trump, It's their falt that the biggest danger to black folks is other black folks.

link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Your zero stars say it all. How come the Googler who "spoke his mind" got fired ? Why were CEO's threatening Trump supporters ? Are only certain people allowed to express themselves ?

link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Finally, after eight years of racism and hatred under the Obama administration the brave and conscientious players of the NFL have decided to voice their concerns. Better late than never I guess.

I wonder what recent law has been passed that acted as the straw that broke the camel's back?

Maybe they finally decided to protest the loss of the basic freedom to chose whether or not they wanted to buy health insurance.

Maybe they are protesting the loss of the Fourth Amendment rights against unreasonable search and seizure. Things like the TSA and Civil Asset Forfeiture.

Maybe they should protest 9/11, PRISM, CIA operations, FBI entrapment, how about the fractional reserve banking system....

You guys pretend like you can't be upset about more than one thing at a time. What a simpleton way of living.

"Protest police brutality,"
"WHY ARENT THEY PROTESTING THE HIGH COST OF MIIIIILK," is what you sound like.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
so what's the problem? are they breaking any law or against company ethics or ethos?

I think the outrage is what they are supposed to be protesting peacefully... it doesn't sit well with the people against it... whilst they scream freedom of speech for nazi rallies...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm confused on your point somehow. Would you mind rephrasing? Sorry.

Digital divide.

ETA. Oh I get you now. Yes, my politics are open in my work. No worries.
edit on 24-9-2017 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

This is what the NFL rulebook says about the National Anthem.

The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states:

“The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

“During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.” ........

peace

edit on 0409Sunday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

That's all you have lol, I guess you'll just dismiss "white privilege", " micro aggression" etc.

link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

They have a right to protest, and people also have a right to be offended. That is all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join