It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concealed Daily Carry. Here's mine, what's yours?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Footnote: This thread isn't about which brands are better, just what you use and why.

Time for CPL renewal again so Ive been at the range and doing some studying. My Concealed Daily Carry is usually the Glock 30 Gen 4-45 ACP pictured below. The last 4 months Ive switched back and forth to the Taurus PT 709 Slim -9mm also pictured. I use hollow points, always have.

Glock 30-Gen 4 45 ACP

Taurus PT 709 Slim-9mm

I had started 40 years back with a Ruger 38...moved to a Smith and Wesson 357 Magnum with 4" barrel. The Smith and Wesson 357 Magnum I carried for years and years, but it got to hurting my lower back day to day. Had a Colt Derringer 22-Magnum for awhile as well...and a Glock 19.

Once I got the sub compact auto Glock 30-45 ACP Colt....I was in love. But some years later, it too is heavy, though Im partial to "hand-cannons". Im switching between (45-9mm) depending on where Im at each day. I may stick with the 9mm for my daily carry except on occasion. I barely feel it on me...the slim design is a welcome change.

Curious to know what others have, carry daily and why. -Mysterioustranger

*P.S. The slim 9mm was originally for my bugout bag, but that's changing!
lately I carry a S&W sd9 9mm. Though it's a little larger than my Beretta Px4 compact 9, it rides a little more comfortably IWB. And I like bcoz it's not flashy or boisterous(except for the laser l) . Simple, effective, and reliable. It's Spartan

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
XDM Compact big size bore

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Beretta 96 Brigadier.
when you run outta ammo it makes a handy club

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

a reply to: visitedbythem

Ill have to look into that. Thank you for the info.....

Here it is on the bottom. The other two are a model 686 S and W 357, and a Smith and Wesson 500 ( 50 caliber mag)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Yeah you will!!! I don't carry mine with me but I have the u22 (mines in blue though) and it is also quite hefty!

I just like having it in the house. And I feel the same way, I want to just stop somebody from coming at me, not kill them (though you obviously could). You can also unload the 10 rounds extremely fast. What's great about it though is that the barrel is so long it has great accuracy, and it looks "beefy'er" than it really is. Something else I like is if $h!t were ever to hit the fan, it can work for rabbit hunting if you had to.

Plus I feel like a cool bond girl or a secret agent when I target practice

edit on 24-9-2017 by Ilovemygreatdanes because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2017 by Ilovemygreatdanes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

S&W Airwieght hammerless 5 shot .38 Spl. revolver.
Fits in my palm and in my pocket.
very light and no one even see's it.

A firearm is only a LAST resort and if it gets that bad I'm going to be
in the face of my opponent anyway...5 shots whether they be wadcutters or HPs
will do it.
(god forbidding).

I can make this claim because I've been I two encounters well within spit swap range.
One with a drunk. The other with a 'roid drunk and his two buddies.
The .38 stayed in my pocket and undetected,
concealed the whole time.

I've always found its worked best for me to out crazy the crazy(s)
Plus my wife and kids don't go through the trauma of seeing Dad kill someone.
edit on 25-9-2017 by grubblesnert because: Im an illiterate fool.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: grubblesnert

THis is a damn double post.....
why?
How?
Who the hell knows!!
or cares.............

It's just a double post

edit on 25-9-2017 by grubblesnert because: its just what it is

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger Walther P22. Had it for a while, sure hope I never have to use it for something serious, but I would to save lives.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
The other two are a model 686 S and W 357, and a Smith and Wesson 500 ( 50 caliber mag)

The 686 is probably the best all-a-round firearm anyone could own. A bit much for concealed carry ... but if SHTF, it's some of the best company you could ask for.

How many rounds have gone down the barrel of that 500?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I can't carry they won't let me buy a handgun. My second amendment rights have been revoked with no due process. I was involuntarily hospitalized 20 years ago.

I live 2 blocks north of Detroit. When I go to the store late at night I'm a sitting duck. Some little dirtbag hoodrat with an IQ of 60 can buy a handgun but I can't. My IQ is 130.

I have paranoid schizophrenia. I'm not homicidal or suicidal and I have enough common sense to know when and how to use a firearm. I'm a sportsman and I've been hunting since I was 13. I can buy a shotgun and rifle no problem but not a handgun.

I came down with schizophrenia when I was 20. The entire time I was sick I had a gun cabinet in my basement with 15 shotguns and rifles.

I was hospitalized because I got in an argument with my doctor. She wanted to change my medication and I told her no. She didn't like that I challenged her authority. So she had me hospitalized against my will. I was out in 3 days after they did an evaluation. I changed doctors shortly after.

edit on 25-9-2017 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
You knows whats weird?

Im a Caucasian male who grew up in economically downtrodden neighborhoods where I was the minority. I regularly walked around, by myself, and with friends.

I ran into many drug addicts, and many mentally ill people.

Ive come across and know many drug dealers, and gang members.

Not once did I ever need to have a gun. Not once was I ever assaulted for no reason. Im 28 now and no longer living in those areas, I worked my way out.

That being said. Every person I know who has ever been "jumped" or "held up" or "robbed" had that happen to them because they didnt use their brain.

They were either, carrying drugs/dealing them themselves, being blatantly disrespectful to people they didnt know on the street, or brandishing wads of cash/jewelry in public after dark.

Crack/meth heads dont even mess with you if you tell them you have no money and say "hey I hope you feel better and find what youre looking for"

Dont be an asshat, and 99.9% of the time, nothing will ever happen to you.

That being said, I was briefly in the Military when I turned 22. I had never used guns prior to that and I did develop a certain affinity for them, not for defense, but just to take to the range or out in the desert for fun and something to do. I dont carry..

but I do have a Jericho 941 9mm all metal

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Dude I grew up two blocks north of Detroit. I've seen the worst this city has to offer. I've grown eyeballs in the back of my head living around here. These scumbags around here will jack you for the fillings in your teeth just for fun.
edit on 25-9-2017 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
Hey if "SHTF" don't you want something other than a pistol?
Two suggestions,,,
A 12 gauge. Like a model 870 short barrel with slugs and or buckshot.
or....
my second and PERSONAL favorite....A fine Vintage M1 carbine with
2 back to back,,* wrapped in electric tap ( something about that I love)
15 round mags. Also keep a couple extra loaded a ready to grab.
*the 30 round mags. tend to hang up on the final 4-5 rounds
RE: old springs.

You know you would stand out! and be the talk of the town. You, with your unique and distinct
shootin' irons Classic and time tested Americana!! amongst all the automatic pistols and M 15-16 copy whatevers!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Dude I grew up two blocks north of Detroit. I've seen the worst this city has to offer. I've grown eyeballs in the back of my head living around here. These scumbags around here will jack you for the fillings in your teeth just for fun.

Cant be much worse than Cleveland man.. Cleveland and Detroit are 2 peas in the same pod, Ive been to Detroit

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I can't put up a picture of my concealed package, I can tell you though it's a weapon.

Oh, yours must be kinda sawed-off, you know, short.

Yep, short and sweet, you only need to know how to use it for it to be effective.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Ah! There's always one! I'm not getting into that....and any deeper...um..FUR-ther!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I try to avoid areas where I would need one,I grew up in the day when you defended yourself with your hands,not like a wimp or a thief who carried guns,people who carry guns have insecurity's

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
If you can put your fingers into a peace sign, a gun isn't necessary.

Then you just ram them into the guys eyeballs and yell YEHAWWW.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

My shield is my current carry gun too.... I'm running a variation on goshen hexsite pistol sights i carry with 1 round chambered a standard 6 round magazine inserted in the gun which I've made my own capacity extending +2 round base plate that serves as additional retention and negligent discharge safety while holstered in either of the 2 holsters I've made for it and upon reaching the spring release point actually aids my draw and helps make it extremely repeatable even from very suboptimal draw position as well as providing a very hooked and positively
Controllable pinky groove. Combined with my custom holsters the 8+1 almost full size grip worth of grip surface area and the very small taclight which I've made a place for in both holsters also has a trick hidden mechanism which will bring the light clear of my holster with the gun which it "magically" is now fixedly mounted to in a position that lets me easily control the various light settings with my support or weapon hand easily. Drawing just slightly different though results in the light staying happily latched in it's retention clip in the holster just as effortlessly!

In addition to the 8+1 i have in the gun at all times i also have 4 additional 8 round extended magazines which I've made a 2 part base plate and feed lip protector/debris ingress prevention sealing cap +3.125 round capacity expansion that also does double duty as extra retention while locked in my custom spare mag carriers and give a boosted kick and sliding motion when released almost jumping into your hand... That makes the mechanism of the ingress prevention seal do it's thing and essentially give a nice 13 ish degree inward facing on all 4 magazine sides diagonal magazine insertion guide / aid that actually compresses the mag spring just enough to create about an extra eighth of a round of space at the feed lips allowing sure and easy full seating and latching of the magazine even on an unlocked slide off handed one handed or injured!

That gives me 53 rounds to escape, eliminate the threat hold out for backup or die trying with...

My next modifications will be a +1.25" barrel in either a 7.92vbr or 7mm penna derivative wildcat cartridge with diy in my workshop made clones of both the 9x19 EPR round the military is looking at and my versions of +p+ pressure level van bruane rik dual purpose AP/GP projectiles. I'll also be adding a muzzle standoff feature and a slightly asymmetric linear compensator based off the old levang comp.

Going to 7 or 7.92 will give me at least +2 round capacity and potentially +4 from the 6 round magazine with my current extension setup jumping capacity initially to between 10+1 and 12+1. Each 8 round magazine plus +3.125 extension will give a minimum of 3-6 extra rounds per magazine for 14+1 to 17+1 per magazine in thr new rounds!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

I grew up in the day when you defended yourself with your hands,not like a wimp or a thief who carried guns,people who carry guns have insecurity's

back in your day and mine, many of the asshats thought the same way, i'll beat a mofo. lots of em got in trouble .also so did many of the criminal element, but as time has gone on they started carrying, and moving out into those areas you speak of. you know like churches, courts, red lights, walmart, schools, mcdonalds, mom and pop stores and the list goes on and on.

as the saying goes, better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. and only a fool brings his fist to a knife or gun fight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join