It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking a Knee?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I do think it is horrible optics when the nfl fines players for wearing stuff honoring 9/11, or a player that wore something honoring a family member that died of cancer, but stands behind this crap. That being said, as I keep saying they have that right and I exercise my right to quit watching NFL as I have. What does upset me is sports, and entertainment used to be our escape from all the other stuff such as politics and now politics is in every nook and cranny and we are losing our escape. Sport especially(a la Olympics) used to be the ultimate arena outside of politics but the left has completely hijacked everything and made it political, that is the real problem I have

link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: olaru12

It does matter do you know what seeing your friend get blown away right next to you by an enemy of freedom?

It has a big affect on you. when you have their blood splattered across you face and you know you can't let this battle or war be for nothing, so you buck up and take em on till freedom is one or we are sent home. It is something we need to remember that it was that flag and the government and it commitment for what it stands for that put us there and we need not let those who have not known the horrors of war even 12 hour ones, be dist by anyone.

Our government may not be perfect and out president may be crude in his language (which actually shows he is just like us) but our nation is made up of all other nations and yet if differs from them in that we can control a good amount of what goes on here. And one of those things is doing our jobs not being a serf to someone else's political agenda.

You are truly a moron. I feel like you're very young.

Your post is riddled with logical fallacies, and I'd happily rip this turd of a post apart, but - you're kind of doing it for me.

link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

yeah because in the end it will be racism and not policy that they are afraid of.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

a reply to: cosmickat

Remember they old adage "sticks and stones may break my bones but word will never hurt me". today it is "use sticks and stones and break the bones of all who don't agree with us".

So if Trumps words outrage them they are less of a man than Trump is.

And if kneeling (a silent protest) that lasts just a couple minutes gets your panties in a wad what does that say about you?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Don't forget out of 721 people killed by police this year 323 have been white while 164 have been black, so twice as many whites killed by police this year than blacks

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

I disagree with the NFLs decision over wearing a sticker or something because of 911, a death, tragedy or whatever. I think the players SHOULD be allowed on the same grounds they're allowed to kneel (or whatever) during the national anthem.

The thing is, the whole kneeling thing is pretty new and I can see new clauses being added, much like the "no stickers" clauses.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Their taking a knee is mere grandstanding. Has it helped anything save for their personal public relations? No.

It's called a Constituional right.

Something that our president wants a separate entity to fire an employee over expressing. One that has backfired for a number of well-deserved reasons.

I wouldn't expect you to understand, you're not American - you weren't born here. To see a sitting president call Nazi's "very fine people," but call peaceful protestors (who have been given the all-clear by the National Football League, their Commission and respective coaches) "sons' a bitches," is absolutely pathetic.

Minimalize it to grandstanding, this is a show of solidarity. That if our President wants to match a show of Constituional rights by saying they should be fired, that "We the People," trump him in The White House by exercising our Constituional rights en masse.

There's no end-game to this. No personal stakes. Again - you wouldn't understand, you weren't born here. This is a show of freedom, unity, and power of a free populace exercising their Consitutional rights against a president who reads from "Tyranny For Morons," on a regular-nightly basis.

What's even greater? Some athletes aren't kneeling, waiting in the locker rooms, they're still doing their thing.

You know what that is? That's freedom, baby.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Over 70% of the population is white.

Only 13% of the population is black.

Go figure.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Don't forget out of 721 people killed by police this year 323 have been white while 164 have been black, so twice as many whites killed by police this year than blacks

PS whites make up about 63ish% of the population while blacks around 13ish%.

Lololololol the fact I have to point this out.... this is literal Freshman level high school economics and very, very easy attainable and common knowledge

Jesus Christ....

^ barely beat me to it haha
edit on 24-9-2017 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

thanks for jumping in.

its not that much of a leap really..these players are exercising their rights under the 1st Am. It's my understanding that they have been doing this for a fair while..and ( sure you will correct me if this is wrong ) but none of these players have been fined or reprimanded for their peaceful protest against police brutality.
Once Trump gets to talking and tweeting...it's a whole new ball game ...( no pun intended ) and a background non issue begins to trend on Twitter and suddenly the nation is divided ....again !

We have a saying for that...He ( trump ) would cause a rammy ( massive fight ) in an empty house !

edit to add..yes The OP is clearly saying just that

As far as the NFL they don't have a right to protest the flag or our country on their employers dime and their fans time. 

edit on 24/9/17 by cosmickat because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I don't think they will add clauses though, they are afraid of coming out against it and being called racist. If you disagree with someone on the left you are immediately shouted down and called racist

link   
a reply to: Liquesence

And blacks commit more crimes than whites,.... go figure.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Remember they old adage "sticks and stones may break my bones but word will never hurt me". today it is "use sticks and stones and break the bones of all who don't agree with us".

So if Trumps words outrage them they are less of a man than Trump is.

And if kneeling (a silent protest) that lasts just a couple minutes gets your panties in a wad what does that say about you?

You're asking the right questions, but the person (I use that term loosely) you're asking them to.... there's the problem.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

The fact I have to point out that blacks commit more crimes than white is freshman level statistics. LOLOLO

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Liquesence

And blacks commit more crimes than whites,.... go figure.

"Deny ignorance."

Go back to where you came from, lol, care to back that unsubstantiated racist claim up with anything?

I was literally debating with a poster in another thread who was claiming that "racism doesn't exist in America anymore."

Not even three hours later, bam, alternate accounts come in to spam blatant racism.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The nation "became divided" under Clinton and has been getting progressively worse with each president

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

No but your freedom of speech could get you fired. Have you ever told your boss to F off? It is your freedom od speech but you can get fired for your freedom of speech and if you tried to take him to court for it you would find that your freedom of speech was what got you fired, and that your use of that freedom is you fault that got you sacked and not your employers.

You have the right to bear arms but if you show up to work with your gun strapped to your side you may just get fired for it.

So Freedom of speech can and is checked in when you clock in because not all freedoms are looked upon whit emojis and unicorns.

So we are logically stifling our freedoms when we are at work and other places as well so as not to get in trouble.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I would rather they modify the other clauses (stickers, armbands etc) to, say, a predetermined size AND allow them to kneel or stand if they want.

In my eyes, that's a win win all round.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Thank you for proving my point, that anyone you disagree with especially when speaking factually you label racist. Way to advance the discussion

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The fact I have to point out that blacks commit more crimes than white is freshman level statistics. LOLOLO

You need to provide a source for that claim because methinks (knows) you're talking out your clam-hole, bud.

If you're going to be racist, at least be factually accurate and run with stories like the absolutely alarming rates of black-on-black violent crime.

I mean, that's what I would do if I were trying to make thinly-veiled "I'm not racist but black people," comments.

Just a suggestion. No worries, though, I'll be here to shut your ignorant racist monologue down at any turn up until the threads locked or your banned for clear T&C violations (then you'll be back on another alternate account, and I'll still be here).

Sound like a date?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join