It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking a Knee?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I haven't watched any NFL yet this season and don't intend to watch.
The players are paid handsomely to play a game.
They play in stadiums that are built with with taxpayer dollars.
They play for an organization that is projected to have 17 BILLION dollars in revenue for 2017.
It sickens me and I am done watching.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

This would be under their code of conduct.
That one is up to interpretation.
They could say the player was not acting in the best interest of the team.
Would not be hard for the legal team to come up with something.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

ON the field they are paid to play not protest.

Yep. I agree. They're not paid to stand, kneel, snore, fart, lay down or ANYTHING during the national anthem.

They're paid TO PLAY.

As for the rest of your rant? Grow up.
edit on 2492017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I agree. It's a grey area. And until there is something concrete saying they can't do it, players will do it AND have a right to do it.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It does matter do you know what seeing your friend get blown away right next to you by an enemy of freedom?

It has a big affect on you. when you have their blood splattered across you face and you know you can't let this battle or war be for nothing, so you buck up and take em on till freedom is one or we are sent home. It is something we need to remember that it was that flag and the government and it commitment for what it stands for that put us there and we need not let those who have not known the horrors of war even 12 hour ones, be dist by anyone.

Our government may not be perfect and out president may be crude in his language (which actually shows he is just like us) but our nation is made up of all other nations and yet if differs from them in that we can control a good amount of what goes on here. And one of those things is doing our jobs not being a serf to someone else's political agenda.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

they are on the clock as emplyees.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The taking a knee crap pisses me off. Like you said, they're being paid to play, not use this public stage to protest. If the NFL had any ballz, which they clearly do not, then they would do the anthem and any other celebrations before they allow the players on the field. They want to act like punks and disrespect the country that pays them millions a year, then they can tool around in the locker room until it's time to play.
edit on 24-9-2017 by AlienOutlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Their taking a knee is mere grandstanding. Has it helped anything save for their personal public relations? No.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

so ...while you are at your job, your 1st Amendment rights are suspended until you " punch out " ....while you are on the clock you have no civil rights?
Is that what you are saying?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

It is all false outrage. There was no "hands up don't shoot" in Ferguson MO, there is no across the board racism we saw in the 30's through 60's and we went through the riots in the 60's and early 70's. We came out of it respecting each other and the flag. Most of the racism since the 70's was reverse racism except for some small pockets of individuals and even some of them came around by 2009.

But ever since the big O was nominated for president the MSM covered the attacks of him as racist and in order to make it stick they along with the Elites created a false racial bias. Now we see all the progress made destroyed during his 8 years in office.

My middle class black neighbors, who came from poor families and grew up in the 60's and 70's, worked hard in high school and college, got decent jobs were making in the 80's $15 to $20 and more in many of the manufacturing jobs as well as blue and white collar jobs. only to have all their hard work flushed down the drain in the last two presidencies (Bush and Obama). Many of them voted for Obama the first and second time and then they voted for Trump this last time.

So again where is their integrity to their employers and sponsors. Unless they are being played by the Elite they have no work ethic and don't really care about those who died so they could retain their freedoms to protest on their OWN time.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

There's nothing in the contracts and clauses saying they can't do it. I'm not sure what part of that you're not understanding.
edit on 2492017 by TerryDon79 because: Bloody autocorrect

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

Remember they old adage "sticks and stones may break my bones but word will never hurt me". today it is "use sticks and stones and break the bones of all who don't agree with us".

So if Trumps words outrage them they are less of a man than Trump is.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Not on their employers dime and my ticket time.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

The way I am hearing it he is not saying that at all, you are making some pretty big leaps there. He is simply saying if you or I showed up to our job and were on the clock and used company time to protest we would probably get a warning or two to please show up and do our job while on the clock and our protesting or causes while on our own time, and after a couple warnings if our actions continued we would be fired. But on the other hand if their bosses(IE team owners) and the NFL are ok with it then they have the right and support of their employer to do it. I have the right to turn off the NFL and never watch it again and I am exercising that right. They are all protesting a false narrative though, and are not smart enough to realize it.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
BTW, did you know, right before the national anthem is sung or played, a REQUEST is made? Not a command, but a request.

"Please can you stand for the national anthem"

That means it's not compulsory.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

sorry..I don't get the relevance of your reply ???

I was asking if it is your position that your 1st Amendment rights should be suspended while you are at your place of employment ..with the effect that you had no civil liberties ie freedom of expression / speech while you are at your job?
At my job = so don't have any rights under the Constitution ? is that what you are saying ?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I just can't figure out if it's funny or sad that real life now makes South Park tame by comparison.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

It is not just disrespectful to the flag and country but it is disrespectful of all those who fought for that flag in Revolution that created this nation, the civil war, WWI, WWII and today under the UN our troops die so people have or may have freedom.

Hmmm,
Counter Point

Many vets support this movement as well.
edit on 0pmf30440130 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Their kneeling really shows thy are the serfs of the Media Elite, they have not or are not willing to see the truth. More blacks commit crime than whites hence more blacks are most likely to be shot for resisting arrest or seemingly to put others at risk so they are put down before they can hurt someone.

I saw a MSM video interviewing a Chicago street gang member, he sold drugs and was given a 9MM to protect him and his product from thieves or rival gangs. He boasted of making more money in a day than he could make in a month at a good job. So he said he would not give up drug dealing and his gun for any job because he could take home more money this way.

So until we can get good paying jobs back in this country we will continue to see a rise in criminal drug trade and criminal acts to support their drug habits. But even then these young men would rather laze around and make more than working hard for good pay because it pays better.

As far as the NFL they don't have a right to protest the flag or our country on their employers dime and their fans time.

$10 bucks says the MSM is behind all these so called freedom of speech protests making them serfs of the media elite.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Liquesence

Not on their employers dime and my ticket time.

I was unaware the rights those you say were fought for were conditional.

How does kneeling during the anthem affect their performance during the game for which they are paid, decease your enjoyment for the game itself, or have anything to do with your "ticket time" (whatever that means)?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join