It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking a Knee?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Well what most are missing, and we will not go down the racial grounds of this, but rather it is a simple as this.

The players are paid to play not protest on the advertisers bill or the money of their NFL bosses some of which are very patriotic.

It is not just disrespectful to the flag and country but it is disrespectful of all those who fought for that flag in Revolution that created this nation, the civil war, WWI, WWII and today under the UN our troops die so people have or may have freedom.

Again they are not paid to protest the nation they live in but to play sports they are hired to play.

Again it offends 1/3 (if not more) of the people of the USA

It is possible not one of these guys that took a knee in London had ever been a member of any military branch of the USA.

edit on 24-9-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

It's a legal form of peaceful protest.

Or are football players not allowed to think?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Debating this stupidity or discussing it, is pointless.

People have the freedom to disrespect, take knees, protest and such.

The easiest thing to do, is pay these idiots no mind.

Don't purchase merchandise and don't watch the games.

Afterall, it's grown men playing with a ball.

It's just a game.
edit on 24-9-2017 by Black_Fox because: SpELLiNg

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

It's just a game.

Couldn't help myself

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

It is possible not one of these guys that took a knee in London had ever been a member of any military branch of the USA.

What does that matter?

I served in the military and I support the Athletes right of free expression to protest, how and whenever they want to exercise it.

I also support your right to free expression and the 1st Amendment as well. Everyone should have an equal opportunity to make a fool of themselves.
edit on 24-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Maybe if they feel strongly about an issue they should have the right in a free country to express that concern , people died for the freedom of speech and thought so why can't those freedoms be expressed.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
No their not. NFL has bans on stickers players put on helmets. That's there free speech, they can't do as they want according to the NFLa reply to: TerryDon79

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

The NFL hasn't put a ban on them taking a knee, so it's not the same.

If they had banned sitting or kneeling, then there would be a point to the outrage.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
NFL players are paid to play? Since when did they get paid to protest during work hours? It's no different than me protesting at my own place of work when I'm supposed to be working.

So glad I don't watch Football. Everyone with "MONEY" likes to input their worthless opinions on politics or anything nothing to do with their job or what they do. Case in point- HOLLYWOOD.

End of Story.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I thought that they were peacefully protesting against police brutality..not to show disrespect to the flag/anthem.

It's Trump's tweets that has made the whole issue waaay bigger than it needed to be. Hmmm wonder what he is up to now?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Since the NFL and most if not all major sports are controlled by organized crime, if they start losing too much money on their betting system, look for these "problem" players to start "suiciding" or having strange accidents.

These things tend to take care of themselves...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I'm with ya on that. Isn't it ironic that these dimwits use kneeling which traditionally represents submission/respect to express protest?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

It is not just disrespectful to the flag and country but it is disrespectful of all those who fought for that flag in Revolution that created this nation, the civil war, WWI, WWII and today under the UN our troops die so people have or may have freedom.

Didn't they fight and die for the very right for which you are condemning the players??

link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

They are but to me it's silly at least in the sense of being a public figure that depends on a fan base. Much like the Hollywood celebs who make politically charged statements that alienate fans. Big money is being lost in the form of sales. Time will tell but already reading that they are taking a financial hit (which is fine by me!)

link   

It is comical that a bunch of overpaid, over hyped multi millionaires want to lecture to everyone about how racist this country is when 70-80% of the NFL is black. They have a right to do what they are doing and I am exercising my right to not watch NFL, or MLB anymore. This country gives more people the opportunity to succeed than any other nation on this earth. Also a little bit about what they are protesting, EVERY instance where someone has been shot by police that they use as an example has one thing in common, the person that got shot contributed to them getting shot. I have not seen one case where the person was sitting on a bench minding their own business drinking a coffee and a cop walks up and executes them. NOT ONE. Also don't let the pesky fact get in the way of the narrative that out of 721 people killed by police this year 323 are white and 164 were black. So police have killed twice as many white people as they have black people. Yet no one is kneeling for all the police violence against white people. And I have heard the argument of "according to percentage of population statistically more blacks die" but that is because blacks commit a higher percentage of crime. Not racist, just factual.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike.Ockizard

The whole issue for me is silly, if I'm honest. It's been blown way out of proportion and all over the news.

It's like someone woke up and said "Everyones allowed freedom of speech and expression. Apart from those people. Oh, those lot over there too. Not them ones though. Or that guy."

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I think our government sending thousands of troops overseas to die is disrespectful but yeah, people kneeling is totally the bigger issue here.
edit on 9/24/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The nfl or the team owners could put a stop to the protests.
They just don't want the bad press after the heat they are recieving about CTE.

The players are employees and are under contract with all sorts of conduct clauses.
They have free speech limits while in uniform.
Owners could fine players if they wanted.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Owners could fine players if they wanted.

Only if they're in violation of any contracts or clauses. As far as I'm aware*, they haven't been in violation of any of the current ones.

(*I said "as far as I'm aware" because I haven't heard of anyone being fined or fired for breach of contract. I could be wrong though)
edit on 2492017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Everyone, re-read the OP again

ON the field they are paid to play not protest.

They can protest on their free time off the field.

I do hope TerryDon79 you are not stalking me. So in case that is not the truth, have you or anyone in your family been killed or witnessed the death of those who fight for our freedom and its flag?

My family fought against the Roman invasion of Scotland, against the English, The French, they came to America as indentured servants of the Virginia company and fought in the Revolutionary war, the French American war, the War of 1812, the civil war, WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam. Not to mentions Panama and Grenada. Currently I have family who have been told since early 2016 they are going to war with North Korea and have been in preparation for that ever since. That's right North Korea has already been decided before Trump was even voted into office.

Protest should not be on your employers dime, you are paid a daily wage for daily work. My employer would be offended if I protested during my working time.

No they are disrespecting not just the flag but the whole USA. This is what happens when kids are raised by the nanny state school indoctrination programs, they think they can do what they want even on their employers time.

BTW my wife is a dark skinned woman, the white supremacist would kill me for having her as a spouse. I threw that one in there so the big fat guy knows I am not a racist.

edit on 24-9-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join