It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church Shooting in Tennessee Leaves One Dead and Six Wounded

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

I did a search and didn't see this posted and just did a thread myself which is now closed. But basically what I said in there is this is my hometown like I grew up right around the corner and went to that church when I was a little girl. Most of the people that were shot I know pwrsonally and the lady that was killed is also someone that I know. This is such a sad day for my community. Coach Spann taught me Bible when I went to a Christian school for a couple of years...very good man and it seems to me that the shooter was an educated young black man via his Facebook.

He believed in God but last few posts was like a light switch.

Emanuel K. Samson posted these posts before the shooting occurred.

"You are more than what they told us."

"Become the creator instead of what's created .
Whatever you say, goes."

"Everything you've ever doubted or made to be believe as false, is real.
& vice versa, B."

Also from his Facebook he also seems to believe conspiracy theories such as the Government creating weather.

He was a college graduate or still in college, family from Africa, and articulated himself well. He was into health and fitness. What causes people to flip out, I will never know.

A friend of mine said Coach Spann's kids are bad into drugs and wondered if that may have had something to do with the shootings. Everything is mere speculation right now, of course.

Emanuel lived about 25 minutes from the church. Makes me wonder WHY he chose this particular church.

Burnette Chapel Church of Christ has a congregation mainly over 65. They still sing very old hymns... not one young people would be interested in going to.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Can you answer that when it's a Muslim involved? Because it seems like people have set a double standard in that regard.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

Emanuel lived about 25 minutes from the church. Makes me wonder WHY he chose this particular church.

He used to attend that church.

He had not been at the church in “quite awhile,” Aaron said, and attended the church a year or two years ago. Earlier, witnesses had said they didn’t recognize the shooter, but Aaron said that is because he was wearing a mask.

According to The Tennessean, Samson previously lived at an apartment near the Burnette Bethel Church of Christ in South Nashville, along with his most recent residence in Murfreesboro.
heavy.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

MJ...So sorry.
This must be very hard for you.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

So sorry, too close to home. Similar had that we I used to live. In that case the shooter had motive by association, luckily more weren't injured. Community support helped a lot then.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Thanks for the article although I'm hesitant to believe he actually attended that church more than one time. I'm going to look for a local article that says the same thing just to verify.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

The Tennessean does confirm he attended there. That is so hard for me to believe because like I said I grew up on the street and went to that church when I was kid and it is still the same as it was back then very old and stuck in the old ways of the church of Christ. Mostly elderly white people. Even as an adult going in there after a great night sleep you tend to fall asleep during the service and the hands they sing are very old as well.

A young and vibrant black male attending this church is just odd to me.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Looks like the shooter was an immigrant from Sudan.

BREAKING: #Antioch Shooter Is Black Power Radical Who Posted That “You’re More Likely To Be Killed By A White Man”

The Antioch, Tennessee church shooter is an immigrant from Sudan and black power radical with a history of sharing pro-Islamic and anti-Western posts on social media, a review of his Facebook and Twitter accounts reveals.

Before 25-year-old Emanuel Kidega Samson opened fire on churchgoers in Antioch, Tennessee today, he shared a variety of Black Power and anti-police propaganda on his personal Facebook page. In addition, he shared a number of pro-Islamic posts, including a video in which a Muslim activist defends Sharia law. Moreover, Samson frequently shared anti-west posts, at least one of which praised Zimbabwean dictator Robert Mugabe’s wealth confiscation efforts.

On July 8th, 2016, Samson shared a link from a website titled “New Generation Back Council” that falsely claimed “Police Murder a black Panther General execution style and try to cover it up June 23rd 2016.”:

click link for article..

If this has already been posted my apologies.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I just moved to the area around the end of May, but it doesn't seem like most of the African people I've met around here either. I'm sure you're aware that this area beside Antioch is a pretty big cluster for African immigrants, and all of the ones I've met here have been extremely friendly. At least he is alive and in custody, so maybe there is a chance we will get some answers.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Looks like the shooter was an immigrant from Sudan.

BREAKING: #Antioch Shooter Is Black Power Radical Who Posted That “You’re More Likely To Be Killed By A White Man”

The Antioch, Tennessee church shooter is an immigrant from Sudan and black power radical with a history of sharing pro-Islamic and anti-Western posts on social media, a review of his Facebook and Twitter accounts reveals.

Before 25-year-old Emanuel Kidega Samson opened fire on churchgoers in Antioch, Tennessee today, he shared a variety of Black Power and anti-police propaganda on his personal Facebook page. In addition, he shared a number of pro-Islamic posts, including a video in which a Muslim activist defends Sharia law. Moreover, Samson frequently shared anti-west posts, at least one of which praised Zimbabwean dictator Robert Mugabe’s wealth confiscation efforts.

On July 8th, 2016, Samson shared a link from a website titled “New Generation Back Council” that falsely claimed “Police Murder a black Panther General execution style and try to cover it up June 23rd 2016.”:

click link for article..

If this has already been posted my apologies.

No apologies necessary.
I believe this is all NEW information.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

As of 2012, he was a self professed Christian, who aspired to be a preacher:

In February 2010, he wrote, “Ready to get Baptised
[only ONCE,unlike sum ppl].” A day earlier, he wrote, “i dont need to change myself before i come to Christ,cause Christ came into me and CHANGED ME..” Samson was a high school senior at the time.
After graduating from high school, in May 2010, he posted about being a “devoted Christian,” and wrote that he was thinking of becoming a preacher:
Whether it’s a diploma in my hands or just a minor certificate, just know that I’m NOT gone let ANYTHING refrain me from taking my education to the very next level. I’m aiming at psychologist; but also becoming a preacher. Either way it may go in my life as I pursue to do what the Lord has called me to do, best-believe one thing; I’m bout that action-&-I-WILL-make it happen.

Also in 2010, he posted, “Any body can say”dey believe in God”but it takes a TRUE Christian to practice wat we preach & set possitive examples & help guide erbody to da light,da truth,& da way.”

In January 2012 he wrote, “When it comes to God, I’m on hush mode I’ll let my life do the talking.”

heavy.com...

Also, his Facebook Page doesn't appear very radical to me.

edit on 24-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Can you answer that when it's a Muslim involved? Because it seems like people have set a double standard in that regard.

Is not the Muslim responsible and not the firearm ? Do you really want to blame firearms ?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I don't know. Answer me that about the OKC bombing and conservatives.

That one hit me personally.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

A person is only Muslin in name, radical Islam is a tool just like a gun is. Why blame all Muslims but not all gun owners? Seems like a double standard. Did you guys not just say it is the individual who should take responsibility and not all gun owners?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

They note social media, including facebook and twitter.

Do we know what his twitter account name is?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

A person is only Muslin in name, radical Islam is a tool just like a gun is. Why blame all Muslims but not all gun owners? Seems like a double standard. Did you guys not just say it is the individual who should take responsibility and not all gun owners?

Before we go down the gun ownership road we need to know if the guy was even legally allowed to own one. There is a question about his citizenship status. He was a lawful alien however no one seems to know if he is a US citizen or not.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

so what? I don't care, i dont' know you and if i did I'd probably be ok with you gone.
edit on 24-9-2017 by richapau because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

They note social media, including facebook and twitter.

Do we know what his twitter account name is?

I read his twitter was removed.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

so what? I don't care, i dont' know you and if i did I'd probably be ok with you gone.

What does this mean?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

They are extremely friendly, I agree. The immigrants from what I've seen is mostly Mexicans, however there is a large mixture and not that bad of an area honestly. My Grandmother lives right off of Hamilton Church Rd which is where I grew up at. I understand the area has grown tremendously and so has the church but it's not one I would recommend if you are younger and like modern music vs the older hymns. Still a "country" type church in my opinion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join