It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US F/A 18 Gets Syrian SU22 Kill,In Rebel Support

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
MOSCOW is PISSED, an AMERICAN direct attack by their standards one would think...

theaviationist.com...

What the Russians say...

macedoniaonline.eu...
edit on 24-9-2017 by DrumsRfun because:
  • The use of ALL CAPS

• posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:26 PM
    link   
    BRAIN misspelled Syrian...dang it..

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:46 PM
    link   
    That appears to be the same video posted in this thread.

Edit: It was posted by Zaph a little ways down the first page.
    edit on 23 9 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:49 PM
    link   
    May I ask where you obtained the second link? Because it seems strange that someone from 'Colorado Springs' would be linking to "macedoniaonline", even though the website is written in english (rather than Macedonian), and that article seems to be written for an american audience, by an american (just from the way it's written, which is I know, subjective). I know this is McCarthyism, but it's propaganda if I ever saw it.

EDIT: The article has "The Saker" at the end, which seems American (Contact page lists american details). So basically it's what fringe theorist, thinks about the situation, rather than anything from the Russian government. At the top of their website it states "Stop the Empire's war on Russia" and basically every article is defending everything that Russia is doing, constantly and consistently. Then it's copied to some website that pretends to be from eastern europe, even though it isn't. Propaganda. From the "About The Editor" page it says: I am a 'legal alien' currently living in the Imperial Homeland. Imperial Homeland refers to the United States. Again, propaganda. I wonder if he has any ties to the Russian government?
    edit on 23/9/17 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:05 PM
    link   
    a reply to: cavtrooper7

From the comments section below Aviationist link in OP...

"The SU22 is antiquated.Thats like a 25 year old beating up a 60 year old."

"Hooray! We are ISIS air force.
    Were we granting safe passage for busloads of ISIS fighters, (again)? Rand Paul warned us."

"US downing a Syrian plane over Syrian territory...who can blame Syria for wanting to liberate their country from all invaders?"

"Do you realize that US aircrafts are illegaly flying over the Syrian territory? They have no legal ground to destroy anything there! They do this because they can, they are the big bully guy of the school. By the way, the Syrian aircraft had no AA weapons!. Was a fight between a Lion and a tied monkey."

"Only any 30+ years old fighter jet, it's natural that U.S. fighter pilots wouldn't dare to attack an equivalent rival."

theaviationist.com...
    edit on Sat Sep 23 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: added source

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:10 PM
    link   
    a reply to: intrptr

Why does it matter what the comments say?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:13 PM
    link   
    a reply to: C0bzz

Here below you can see the relevant part of the cruise video, the one that shows the AIM-120 AMRAAM (Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile) hitting the Syrian Sukhoi (from two different angles – maybe because other Hornets filmed the scene) and then the Fitter crashing into the ground.

I don't see proof proof of any missile type in the video. The video perspectives themselves are not from the aircraft that shot down the Russian Fitter.

This makes it impossible to rule out a ground missile, either shoulder launched or TOW, then presented as an air to air engagement.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:14 PM
    link   

originally posted by: C0bzz

Why does it matter what the comments say?

Besides asking what the Hell US jets are doing in Syria, attacking Syrian aircraft that are fighting terrorism in their country, you mean?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:14 PM
    link   

The only decent point in there is about whether we should be in Syria in the first place.

The argument about the SU-22 being old is pointless. If they try to attack in a zeppelin should we just ignore it because it's old? It's still just as deadly if you don't react to it.

And we're not actually supporting ISIS, that's propaganda. These are the same people who think we were giving weapons to UBL in the 70s. But we were giving weapons to the Afghans and UBL was in Afghanistan, so that's obviously the same thing right? No. Complete lack of understanding of the situation.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:17 PM
    link   
    a reply to: face23785

And we're not actually supporting ISIS, that's propaganda.

But attacking Syrian aircraft that are engaging in anti terrorist air strikes is okay...

Sell the "US is helping Syria" propaganda to someone else.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:20 PM
    link   

I didn't say anything about the merits of what we're doing over there. I have my questions about it too. None of that changes the fact it's false that we're supporting ISIS.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:24 PM
    link   
    a reply to: face23785

I didn't say anything about the merits of what we're doing over there. I have my questions about it too. None of that changes the fact it's false that we're supporting ISIS.

I have no proof of claims US jet shot down a Syrian one. If true though, and intentional, then that jet was on a mission to stop terrorism in its own country.

Ergo, proof US Supports International Terrorism.

Kind of a conundrum isn't it?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:28 PM
    link   

That's oversimplifying the situation, and you know that. Not everyone fighting Assad is a terrorist. Don't be dishonest with your posts.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:39 PM
    link   

originally posted by: face23785

That's oversimplifying the situation, and you know that. Not everyone fighting Assad is a terrorist. Don't be dishonest with your posts.

Lol, the truth is NATO invaders are trying to overthrow Syria just like Iraq and Libya. The proof of that is US jets are attacking Syrian jets, again, if the claims are true.

I tend to disbelieve it, can't tell anything from the grainy video.

Regardless, US Military is operating in Syria in violation of International Law, under false pretext. Theres no doubt about that.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:45 PM
    link   

Actually the truth is that a civil war began in Syria without any US or UN involvement and after a few years we decided to back one of the factions fighting to overthrow Assad. You can argue all day whether that's a good idea or not, and I can agree that if we were going to be operating in Syria we should be doing it in a declared war, because that's what we are doing is waging war. But it's false to say the US is supporting terrorism and it's false to say the US is supporting ISIS. If you parrot either of those you're knowingly spreading lies. Don't lie. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:14 PM
    link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Here below you can see the relevant part of the cruise video, the one that shows the AIM-120 AMRAAM (Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile) hitting the Syrian Sukhoi (from two different angles – maybe because other Hornets filmed the scene) and then the Fitter crashing into the ground.

I don't see proof proof of any missile type in the video. The video perspectives themselves are not from the aircraft that shot down the Russian Fitter.

This makes it impossible to rule out a ground missile, either shoulder launched or TOW, then presented as an air to air engagement.

From the pilot's perspective of the shoot down. The Sidewinder missile didn't guide so he selected an AMRAAM.

edit on 23/9/2017 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:30 PM
    link   

It's unlikely that a tow missile could shoot down a fast jet. Also in the high resolution video from a different angle, it was pretty clear the missile was descending when it hit the Fitter.
    edit on 23/9/17 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:35 PM
    link   
    Hmmmmm..

Why would the Russians be pissed?? Unless it was Russian, NOT Syrian, but how the hell did we get to the place where the Syrian government was completely coportive to find the terrorist for the bombing that started all this back 3 years ago, to an all out war with them????????

Or did the terrorist just happen to find a su22 laying about and decide to jump in and have a go at it or WHAT!!!?????!!!!

....But if it was or IS Russian

.then WT*!!!!!!!

edit on 23-9-2017 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:19 PM
    link   

He likes DOWNING the US military.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:20 PM
    link   

What MOSCOW said?
    I can believe it,It seemed linked and it was the first notice, so WE might be smoked.
    edit on 23-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join