It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Ancestors Didn’t Sleep Like You

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

WiFi and now the latest 5G being ramped up as cool, is causing havoc on the human brain and central nervous system. It's anything "but" natural to exist in this type of environment. We'd all have to be part Cyborg for it not to affect us.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Yes, Humans are some incredible creatures - very prone - super prone - to generalizing from a present situation or context to being something that is descriptive of all human beings.

In general, since the invention and wholesale erection of an electrical grid, we modern humans are strangely - and perhaps, suboptimally - out of sync with natures rhythms - the most basic of which is the day-night cycle.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

Subatomically speaking, you are correct.

The solution is there. It's being purposely withheld from implementation.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
It fits me except i sleep every other day.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

Who needs that much sleep I sleep about 4 hrs and have done since early teens.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Nice thread, Ekirch's book is a fascinating and groundbreaking work on the subject.
edit on 25-9-2017 by Nightwalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

If thats all I slept, 4 hrs a day I'd either be Japanese or half dead from lack of sleep.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nightwalk

Nice thread, Ekirch's book is a fascinating and ground-breaking work on the subject.

Yeah, his work is nothing short of eye opening. Brilliant stuff!

thx

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

weird I was camping in an iron age roundhouse this weekend
and I slept in two stages each night
exactly as the others said about the fire

fell asleep and woke up when the room temp dropped and added more wood then woke up at sunrise

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

weird I was camping in an iron age roundhouse this weekend
and I slept in two stages each night
exactly as the others said about the fire

fell asleep and woke up when the room temp dropped and added more wood then woke up at sunrise

Good to hear the. I love to camp. It resets your body clock so you can function normally. If I had the option, I'd do it twice a month.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I needed to know more when I woke up in the middle of the night and I started to research the sleeping patterns of various native people.

It leads me to a debunking article and a conclusion that there is no such pattern among natives so there's no reason for it in the our pre-industrial past either.

From many nights spent outdoor all I can say is that it rather sucks and I need to sleep during the next day. The sleep is disturbed by cold every couple of hours and the toxic fumes from the fireplace give me bad hangovers. It can be as bad as smoking a hundred of cigs. The woods, the stars above, fireplace... more REM and remembered dreams can be romantic and spiritual but such a survival life was/is shortening a life span in the first place IMO.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I will embrace this 12 hour sleep cycle.
For nature.
For humanity.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Its the same way many mammal species across the world sleep.

Yup. Like clockwork my cat gets up in the middle of the night, take an incredibly smelly poop, eats, explores, runs across our bed a few times to make sure we wake up and can smell her poop, then saunters off back to bed.
edit on 27-9-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I have adapted to a a two session sleep, mainly because my dog likes to go out at 2:00AM. Not really his fault, since I was quite a night owl when the dog was young. I always let him out before I went to bed. He resists change.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Pets do that. Mine passed away not too long ago so I know what you mean. Trying to get Into a pattern is hell. Wake up every 3-4 hrs.
edit on 27-9-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
a reply to: charlyv

Pets do that. Mine passed away not too long ago so I know what you mean. Trying to get Into a pattern is hell. Wake up every 3-4 hrs.

Hear ya, not looking forward to that day as well. Part of life, I guess.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This was neat, thanks.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Yeah it works for me. Im on day 13.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

They were still doing this in the time of Charles Dickens, during the long reign of Queen Victoria in Britain. My grandmother was born during her reign, so it's not that long ago. I doubt many people could afford to keep a fire going all night. Most people in Britain can't even afford to keep the heating going all night now! Pretty sure that wasn't the reason.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I sleep 4 hours a night and feel great if I have more I go back into rem sleep and ï feel # type so I just get up as soon as my first cycle ends.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join