It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: North Korean Earthquake Caused By Suspected Explosion At Surface, China Claims

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: intrptr

Is every earthquake in North Korea a nuke now?

And, are they reported by anyone but China?

Hmmmm...

I don't see China or Korea threatening each other. The crescendo of anti Korean rhetoric is western flavored.

Demonize, de Humanize, false pretext wise.

China is using North Korea as a wedge against American hegemony in the region.

Forget the fact China is building artificial islands in international waters.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Is every earthquake in North Korea a nuke now?

And, are they reported by anyone but China?

Hmmmm...

I don't see China or Korea threatening each other. The crescendo of anti Korean rhetoric is western flavored.

Demonize, de Humanize, false pretext wise.

China is using North Korea as a wedge against American hegemony in the region.

Forget the fact China is building artificial islands in international waters.

Why would we forget that? That's another component of what I"m talking about, oh Contrary One. LOL

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
im not into giving or making predictions.....but some years ago...probably more than 8...i had a hyper realistic dream, the kind which ive only had a few times in my life.

in the dream i was with some family and a lot of people i didnt know at some kind of bomb shelter....which i assumed it was because it was mostly a huge ugly concrete affair and you know sometimes in dreams you have an understanding of things without them being explicitly explained. So i knew we were there for emergency purposes and the mood of everyone there was very dark.

anyway, the dream felt like it only lasted a few minutes...there wasnt any fluff in there....it just started out with me standing there with some people and with that understanding and then someone in the group yelled "hey look over there" and we all looked and behold a bright red and yellow mushroom cloud appeared on the horizon of the west coast of america and i said out loud "oh my god he has finally done it" and i understood that it was NK that had nuked the west coast.

take it how you will.....

Y a know... it woudnt surprise me and id just kick back and eat some popcorn watching the aftermath. Oh we lose california. big deal. we can then give i tback to mexico. here ya go man. we dont want it anymore.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

All the death and all their stuff.
NOBODY the wiser,I suspect a certain Chinese chemical factory was hit as well,with a full caliber hit.

edit on 23-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Amazingly callous attitude toward 40 million Americans.

At minimum.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

AFTER we STRIP Cali of national assets ,of course...but I don't really want much to change ,accept for who RUNS the place.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

All the death and all their stuff.
NOBODY the wiser,I suspect a certain Chinese chemical factory was hit as well,with a full caliber hit.

Hmmm ... I'll look that up.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

BIG badda boom one..they claimed accident.
I'm on the fence about that Russian BOLIDE, but I think WE intercepted it.
The Russians thought so too.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: grindhouzer

Thanks for posting real data.
This looks like a natural earthquake.
No reason for panic.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
The arguments for and against against Kim having nukes has been going on here for a while now, but my biggest worry it that he's just crazy enough to actually use them.

A lot of people have the same opinion of America right now.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

The arguments for and against against Kim having nukes has been going on here for a while now, but my biggest worry it that he's just crazy enough to actually use them.

Those people divine well. We need to be more like Russia in that regard.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: SudoNim

Those people divine well. We need to be more like Russia in that regard.

A lot of people already think you have a lot of... similarities with Russia.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Yeah? Too bad California has the highest GDP in the nation by nearly 40% and the repercussions would cripple the country and internet worldwide. But woohoo those nasty liberals are gone!

Enjoy the popcorn as you watch your countrymen die of radiation burns. Pretty sadistic but hey jmo.
edit on 23-9-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, you are referring to is this one titled, "Aww Jeez- I think I'm Gonna be Sick," and in the OP he said:

I just found out, for sure, beyond the shadow of a doubt, from an inside source in the industry, that the military is in control of at least some of the seismic data that I have been, and you have been relying upon for information.

Now, while that may hold true for the USGS and data that they are accessing. I don't know if that would apply to EMSC.

Here is the information from EMSC on the event referenced:

Magnitude mb 3.8
Region NORTH KOREA
Date time 2017-09-23 08:29:14.8 UTC
Location 41.29 N ; 129.12 E
Depth 5 km

Here is the list of data providers used to make these calcualtion:

Geophysical Survey of the Russian Academy of Sciences -- Obninsk, Russia (GSRC)
National Earthquake Information Center, U.S. Geological Survey -- Golden, USA (NEIR)
Korean Meteorological Administration -- Seoul, South Korea (SEO)

GFZ dos not have the event listed.

The scientific data from EMSC, and the USGS states that the event was manually calculated (by seismologist).

Additionally, if the magnitude is below M4, USGS and EMSC usually do not even list the event and probably the only reason it was even done was due to the potential of it being related to NKs activities.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
NK spokesman is live on YT right now.

What he's saying is terrifying.

They're going to nuke us is what he's saying in a nut shell.

Holy crap this really is going too far.

peace

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Thought this was a good relevant article with details about NK's arsenal and suspected earthquakes from testing.

Estimates of the latest device's explosive power, or yield, ranged from 100-370 kilotons. A yield of 100 kilotons would make the test six times more power than bomb dropped on Hiroshima in 1945. North Korea claims this test was its first thermonuclear weapon - the most potent form of nuclear weapon where an atomic detonation is boosted by a secondary fusion process to produce a far bigger blast. Pyongyang started its nuclear programme in the 1980s. Its first nuclear test - of a device yielding a suspected 0.7kt - was held in 2006.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Or maybe this again.

Boom

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Ah, the reason that's going on is a bit more complicated than "OMG THEY'RE HIDING [insert boogeyman here]". See, back in the '90s, a team of researchers at Caltech found that, by aggregating data from the massive seismograph networks through the western United States, they could track and even identify supersonic aircraft movements by looking for the seismic signature generated by sonic booms. Which quickly lead to the military requesting that they hush up, since several of the things they tracked were projects never publicly-acknowledged that remain secret even today.

authors.library.caltech.edu...

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

You are mistaken on a level that is difficult for me to see.
Do you mean MILITARILY or politically...both of course WHITE to your black as clear as daylight.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

WE are both mostly white, OF COURSE you do.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join