It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: North Korean Earthquake Caused By Suspected Explosion At Surface, China Claims

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: shawmanfromny

You have to wonder why was the United Nations formed? The world has a dangerous out of control dictator.

I wouldn't call Trump a dictator, per se. Not yet at least.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

You have to wonder why was the United Nations formed? The world has a dangerous out of control dictator.

Certainly not.

Most dictators are effective in pushing forward their agenda.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
im not into giving or making predictions.....but some years ago...probably more than 8...i had a hyper realistic dream, the kind which ive only had a few times in my life.

in the dream i was with some family and a lot of people i didnt know at some kind of bomb shelter....which i assumed it was because it was mostly a huge ugly concrete affair and you know sometimes in dreams you have an understanding of things without them being explicitly explained. So i knew we were there for emergency purposes and the mood of everyone there was very dark.

anyway, the dream felt like it only lasted a few minutes...there wasnt any fluff in there....it just started out with me standing there with some people and with that understanding and then someone in the group yelled "hey look over there" and we all looked and behold a bright red and yellow mushroom cloud appeared on the horizon of the west coast of america and i said out loud "oh my god he has finally done it" and i understood that it was NK that had nuked the west coast.

take it how you will.....

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Is every earthquake in North Korea a nuke now?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

And, are they reported by anyone but China?

Hmmmm...

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

Just to be clear, The office of presider has zero power when it comes to foreign policy. They just announce the ready made decisions.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Hmmmm...

I don't see China or Korea threatening each other. The crescendo of anti Korean rhetoric is western flavored.

Demonize, de Humanize, false pretext wise.
edit on 23-9-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Hmmmm...

I don't see China or Korea threatening each other. The crescendo of anti Korean rhetoric is western flavored.

China is using North Korea as a wedge against American hegemony in the region.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You have to wonder why was the United Nations formed? The world has a dangerous out of control dictator. Yet world leaders can't all come together and join forces and oust this ignorant immature mad child! They're playing Russian roulette. Countries like the U.S., Russia and China are always jockeying for power and influence in this world. It's sad they can't even come together to defeat a common enemy like terrorism!

These political leaders and dictators are deciding the fate of millions and possibly billions of people on this earth. Innocent people are being sacrificed for their ignorant and narcissistic power struggles. I'm sure it won't be in my lifetime but what's it going to take when people around the world say "enough is enough!" When are we all going to realize we're all being used like pawns in a chess game???

DAMN! when you put it like that it makes me wonder what the hell are we doing? Grrrrr....

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Hmmmm...

China is using North Korea as a wedge against American hegemony in the region.

US rhetoric focuses on Korea. The goal is to further contain and isolate China. Occupying all of Korea puts US bases, troops and missiles right up against Chinese border, for the first time.

This is why China won't tolerate a US invasion of North Korea, they didn't last time either.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
It [south korea] said it believed the quake was natural because the specific soundwaves generated by artificial earthquakes were not detected, Reuters news agency reports.

www.bbc.com...

guys please read this article.
Jumping to random conclusions is fun I guess, but the natural earthquake is at a depth of 5km and doesnt have the signature nuke-quake waves...

and for a heads up this quake at 3.4 magnitude is almost 800 times weaker than the H bomb test NK did that registered as a 6.3 magnitude artificial quake.

USGS putting this quake at 5km sort of seals the deal really.. Think about it. The deepest mines in the world go a little over 4km.

edit on 23-9-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Five Kilometers deep, folks...

Nuclear test, underground, seldom-if ever-are more than a hundred or so meter below ground. I've found no indications of any deeper than that.

Natural earthquake, imho. Doesn't mean it wasn't acerbated by past testing, however. But we'll likely never know.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

No one named Clinton has ever given anyone any uranium.

Ok Chelsea. Please source this.

Do it yourself. Type UraniumOne into Wikipedia.

I've done it several times here. Clinton didn't vote on the UraniumOne mergers, State was only one of ten agencies that had to sign off on the deals (including the Nuclear Regulatory Commission) and all the uranium mined in the US stays in the US (except for refinement in Canada.)

Ok, I did it myself.

What’s the allegation against Hillary Clinton? The reason this is a story is the potential that there was some quid pro quo involved: that in exchange for donations to the Clinton Foundation and/or the speech Bill Clinton gave in Russia, Hillary Clinton used her position as Secretary of State to make approval of this sale happen. It need not be explicit, but at the very least there has to be a connection between donations and official action that Clinton took.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

M 3.5 - 22km ENE of Sungjibaegam, North Korea
2017-09-23 08:29:17 UTC 41.312°N 129.052°E

This event occurred in the area of the previous North Korean Nuclear tests. We cannot conclusively confirm at this time the nature (natural or human-made) of the event. The depth is poorly constrained and has been held to 5 km by the seismologist. The Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC) is the sole organization in the U.S. federal government whose mission is to detect and report technical data from foreign nuclear explosions.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Having the bomb gives North Koreans a sense of security and national pride. In other words, Kim Jong-un causes the country's people feel to MNKGA - Make North Korea Great Again.

Now that they're in the MAD club, they will be left alone. Trump and Jong-un are blowhards who are cut from the same narcissistic cloth. Paraphrasing Shakespeare, they're full of sound and fury yet signify nothing.

Not saying its a good thing that another country posses nuclear weapons, but I can't fault NK for wanting to be left alone by the warmongering U.S.
edit on 23-9-2017 by icanteven because: left out a word

edit on 23-9-2017 by icanteven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

LOL.

Now you trust The Washington Post??? LOLOL

Did you notice the word in your first sentence?

ALLEGATION.

I see you cherry-picked the article ... let's read on:

What’s the evidence for that allegation?

There isn’t any, at least not yet. The only evidence is timing: people who would benefit from the sale made donations to the foundation at around the same time the matter was before the government.

What’s the evidence in Clinton’s favor?

Even if Clinton had wanted to make sure the sale was approved, it wouldn’t have been possible for her to do it on her own. CFIUS is made up of not only the Secretary of State, but also the secretaries of Treasury, Justice, Homeland Security, Commerce, Defense, and Energy, as well as the heads of the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative and the Office of Science and Technology Policy. The Director of National Intelligence and the Secretary of Labor are non-voting members, and CFIUS’s work is also observed by representatives of other agencies like the National Security Council and the Office of Management and Budget. The idea that Clinton could have convinced all those officials and all those departments to change their position on the sale, even if she had wanted to, borders on the absurd.

Hope that helps!

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Project THOR ...I'M telling you guys,NOW.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Project THOR ...I'M telling you guys,NOW.

I hate to admit it, but I'm kinda interest to see that tech in action.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

You have to wonder why was the United Nations formed? The world has a dangerous out of control dictator. Yet world leaders can't all come together and join forces and oust this ignorant immature mad child! They're playing Russian roulette. Countries like the U.S., Russia and China are always jockeying for power and influence in this world. It's sad they can't even come together to defeat a common enemy like terrorism!

These political leaders and dictators are deciding the fate of millions and possibly billions of people on this earth. Innocent people are being sacrificed for their ignorant and narcissistic power struggles. I'm sure it won't be in my lifetime but what's it going to take when people around the world say "enough is enough!" When are we all going to realize we're all being used like pawns in a chess game???

They didn't come together, for whatever reason, to defeat ISIS either.

Moreover, Just because there are a whole lot of us now doesn't mean humans have gotten any more sense.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Nothing at all on the USGS site so I am not sure about this at all.

Didn't TrueAmerican say that the US DoD got its hands on seismic data before releasing it to the USGS?

That means they release what they feel is not compromising to national security and the data is not gotten by USGS real time.

If USGS isn't showing it, it may be because they weren't allowed to have it for some reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join