It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: North Korean Earthquake Caused By Suspected Explosion At Surface, China Claims

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Here we go again. Hopefully, this is a "natural" earthquake, but after Kim Jong Un pledged the "highest level" action against the U.S., this could be just the beginning of something more threatening in the days to come.

China's earthquake administration says a magnitude-3.4 earthquake has been detected in North Korea that was a "suspected explosion".

www.independent.co.uk...

The 'quake' occurred at approximately 08:30 GMT (16:29 local time) near the Kilju area in the North Hamgyeong Province, reports South Korea’s Yonhap news agency. Previous earthquakes reported in recent months in the ‘Rogue State’ have corresponded with nuclear tests, including the most recent successful test which took place on September 3. If it is confirmed as a nuclear test, it would be the North Korean regime’s seventh.

www.rt.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Chinese seismologists said it was a "suspected explosion", the state news agency reports.

But

South Korea says that it could be a natural earthquake, rather than one caused by a nuclear test.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The arguments for and against against Kim having nukes has been going on here for a while now, but my biggest worry it that he's just crazy enough to actually use them.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Nothing at all on the USGS site so I am not sure about this at all.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
It [south korea] said it believed the quake was natural because the specific soundwaves generated by artificial earthquakes were not detected, Reuters news agency reports.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK
showing at earthquake Track

This event occurred in the area of the previous North Korean Nuclear tests. We cannot conclusively confirm at this time the nature (natural or human-made) of the event. The depth is poorly constrained and has been held to 5 km by the seismologist.

Magnitude

3.5 ml
± 0.2
41.312°N 129.052°E
± 8.3 km

Depth
5.0 km
± 2.0
Origin Time 2017-09-23 08:29:17.560 UTC

and now on USGS earthquake.usgs.gov...

earthquaketrack.com...
edit on 23-9-2017 by grindhouzer because: link

edit on 23-9-2017 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2017 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

You have to wonder why was the United Nations formed? The world has a dangerous out of control dictator. Yet world leaders can't all come together and join forces and oust this ignorant immature mad child! They're playing Russian roulette. Countries like the U.S., Russia and China are always jockeying for power and influence in this world. It's sad they can't even come together to defeat a common enemy like terrorism!

These political leaders and dictators are deciding the fate of millions and possibly billions of people on this earth. Innocent people are being sacrificed for their ignorant and narcissistic power struggles. I'm sure it won't be in my lifetime but what's it going to take when people around the world say "enough is enough!" When are we all going to realize we're all being used like pawns in a chess game???

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Pathetic little firecracker...

Is that all you got Kim.
My farts produce more shakes then your "bombs"

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: grindhouzer

Thanks. Good spot.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
How about a third option, and this is some sort of strike against NK?

Seems doubtful, but their rocket launching and nuclear test sites would be a prime target if the US does strike I would have thought

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
The arguments for and against against Kim having nukes has been going on here for a while now, but my biggest worry it that he's just crazy enough to actually use them.

He is.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Could also be coincidence but the the reported time of 08:30 GMT is odd. Maybe coincides with a count down.
Either a :00 or :30 would be suspect. But like I said, could be coincidence.

ETA Odd as in similar to a schedule

edit on 9/23/2017 by pale5218 because: ETA Odd as in similar to a schedule

edit on 9/23/2017 by pale5218 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

You have to wonder why was the United Nations formed? The world has a dangerous out of control dictator. Yet world leaders can't all come together and join forces and oust this ignorant immature mad child! They're playing Russian roulette. Countries like the U.S., Russia and China are always jockeying for power and influence in this world. It's sad they can't even come together to defeat a common enemy like terrorism!

These political leaders and dictators are deciding the fate of millions and possibly billions of people on this earth. Innocent people are being sacrificed for their ignorant and narcissistic power struggles. I'm sure it won't be in my lifetime but what's it going to take when people around the world say "enough is enough!" When are we all going to realize we're all being used like pawns in a chess game???

Well said!

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Kim has won already. People need to realise that. He will get Nukes and he will have a ton of them and there is nothing the west or any other nation can do unless Russia, China and even the Western Media change their minds and how they'll react to him.

Wait Western Media? Yep. Think about this, any time Rocket Man (sorry couldn't help it - although if it were me I'd take that as a compliment not an insult lol) says something or does something the media will spent a short amount of time on it and then when Trump makes his reaction, though often sometimes (most times?) he says things off the cuff the media goes after HIM like he is the one who is threatening nations with nukes (he has but in reaction to NK) the media acts like Kim is the innocent dictator in this part and if it gives them the chance to attack Trump they'll make him out to be the aggressor.

Russia and China have both said they will try to put pressure on NK but have done little. China could switch off the oil supplies and it would bring about the end of NK in certain places at least and don't give me the people will suffer, they already are with almost 99 percent of citizens are starving and Russia has said (not sure if it was direct words or indirect) that any attack on NK would be the start of world war three, which is a threat.

You can't stop him now. It's the mistake that governments of ALL countries with power has allowed to happen and yes that includes past governments and Bill Clinton who claimed to have solved the issue. I'm not presenting a way to end this because there is no way to end this that doesn't have Kim either with Nukes or with someone taking him out and a new Western friendly figure taking power and we know that isn't happening.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I dont like North Korea as much as the next guy.

But when are we gonna drop the doom and gloom for actual reality? The guy is just building bombs to avoid a regime change. We cant go in and remove him if he has nukes. Its that plain and simple. I fear suicidal generals out of NK than I do Kim jong dong

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

The NK is producing nukes as a serial production - Quite well considering all the presidents before Trump have declared NK as a peaceloving gullibles. Well, they are not.

So, Clinton gave them uranium. Clinton seems to love to hand over uranium to everyone, as we remember, Hillary gave it to Russians too. Obama doled 150 billion more to Iran to buy some for their enrichment project, which Obama also signed for.

So, here we are today, with the FIRST president having his brains where it should be, and stating it all loud for the whole world at UN, that NK is one evil bastard. ... And then, guess what... These brainless NWO puppets all start crying in one big choir - together with NK Rocket Man, that its not ok to criticize blood thirsty dictators... What a nerve.

So, NK is producing war heads, and they are all aiming at US.

Are we better off now? 1999 Trump proposed to get rid of NK...

edit on 23-9-2017 by deckdel because: Added Trump on YT about NK

edit on 23-9-2017 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
No one named Clinton has ever given anyone any uranium.

North Korea will continue to be a problem as long as China believes they are benefiting from it.

The second that is not true any longer, is the day you will see NK brought to heel.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Ok Chelsea. Please source this.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

The USGS public information is heavily redacted. They used to disclose much more but then their policy changed. I notice many odd, small tremors where I live, which is not a seismic region at all. Those used to be reported on the USGS map, but not any more. I think somebody doesn't want us noticing all these small, minor tremors in my area.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Ok Chelsea. Please source this.

Do it yourself. Type UraniumOne into Wikipedia.

I've done it several times here. Clinton didn't vote on the UraniumOne mergers, State was only one of ten agencies that had to sign off on the deals (including the Nuclear Regulatory Commission) and all the uranium mined in the US stays in the US (except for refinement in Canada.)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join