It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea may test hydrogen bomb in Pacific Ocean

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Charlyboy

This should be fun if they do....

No , it won't.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: UKTruth
Depressing - the same record is playing and the same people are dancing. All this BS reporting is to get the West to accept another war and it's working again.

Whilst I do think Kim is a danger, I don't believe all the reporting in the western media.

Kill jong. Save lives.

If it were that simple they would have done it already.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ

It'll be over for them if they do.. What right do they have?

America tested bombs in the Pacific...

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
A single bullet or well placed drop of poison could prevent the death of millions.

Better the devil you know...

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

originally posted by: hiddenNZ

It'll be over for them if they do.. What right do they have?

America tested bombs in the Pacific...
The US conducted nuclear tests on their own territory in the pacific.
The North Koreans are threating to fire a fully operational ballistic missile (again over Japan?) and detonate a thermonuclear warhead over (hopefully) international waters.
Not comparable at all.
The US tried this exactly once, during Operation Dominic a submarine fired nuclear missile which detonated over the Johnston Atoll.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

You are correct but let's not loose sight of the fact North Korea aren't threatening anything , the words came from North Korea's Foreign Minister and it is his opinion of what should happen.

Such a move would be suicide.

edit on 22-9-2017 by gortex because: Leprechauns

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

You are correct but let's not lose sight of the fact North Korea aren't threatening anything , the words came from North Korea's Foreign Minister and it is his opinion of what should happen.

Sure they are threatening. Its a statement from their Secretary of State. IE the institution in charge of uttering threats.

But i dont think it would be a suicide move. Unless the missile fails and nukes Japan or something. They would face further sanctions but they have survived worse in the past.
No US admin has ever wanted to get serious with North Korea. Trump is no exception. Clinton should have done something in the Nineties when the US was at its peak and China and Russian were irrelevant. He chose talks and treaties. We are witnessing the result of that strategy today. It will be the same with Iran in 20 years.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The way I understand it, I don't see this happening.

There's 3 ways you could do this:

1. Fly the bomb out with a bomber and drop it at the test site you've chosen.
2. Haul it out there with your navy, set it up, move your navy out of the blast zone and detonate.
3. Launch it to the test site you've chosen on a missile.

The problem is, they lack the capability to do any of these.

1. The only plane they have that they could drop a nuclear bomb with is the Il-28, which has a maximum range of about 2200 km, and that's probably unloaded. So realistically it could only fly about 1000 km before it had to turn around and head home. If you look at a map, there's really no route this bomber could fly without violating someone else's airspace and make it out to the Pacific before they had to turn around.

2. What Navy? They've only got a handful of active vessels, logistically it just wouldn't be feasible to send them out that far to do a test.

3. Their missile technology isn't advanced enough to do this yet. They would have to launch on a ballistic trajectory, and they haven't demonstrated the ability to have the warhead survive re-entry yet.

So, unless I'm missing something here, he's just blowing smoke.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Sure they are threatening. Its a statement from their Secretary of State. IE the institution in charge of uttering threats.

"In my view, I think it will probably carry out an H-bomb test in the Pacific," Mr Ri added.

It's rhetoric.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

No its their usual Modus operanti. They'll threaten to do something and eventually act on it. Gives them credibility and shows strength in their eyes.
Doesnt mean nukes will fly tormorrow but eventually - if things continue to escalate - they'll try to fry some seafood.

As far as capability goes, who knows. North Korea has leaped well beyond anyting deemed likely six months ago. I wouldnt put it past them to master the re-entry as well. And if not tomorrow, they'll have the capability in a couple of years. Doesnt matter in the long run.

edit on 22-9-2017 by mightmight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
there's no laws saying they can't do their test as they wish in international waters.

Well, there's an international nuclear test ban treaty that prohibits all testing with the exception of underground testing. There's also the treaty on non-proliferation of nuclear weapons, both of which I believe either NK just ignores or withdrew from. You can add dozens of UN security council resolutions to that as well.

So whether it's "illegal" depends on how you see it. If you choose to ignore existing international law and not recognize it, then I guess it's not illegal.

I'm no fan of the UN for this and a myriad of other reasons. Member countries pick and choose what to respect and what to simply ignore. ( Not just saying the NK government either. )

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You are correct but let's not loose sight of the fact North Korea aren't threatening anything , the words came from North Korea's Foreign Minister and it is his opinion of what should happen.

I'm not sure they would follow through with that particular test. Even NK may even know that's a bit too far to push it. Who knows.

But the words weren't the foreign minister's words. He wouldn't make a statement like that without direct and specific instructions from Kim himself. That's way it works. You won't find a single NK analyst anywhere that thinks that the comment wasn't ordered by Kim himself. NK doesn't work like the U.S. where a subordinate government official makes an off the cuff or opinionated comment on his own.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The media gets so excited every time Kim Jong says he "might" do something.

We know from experience that the things he does do, are not pre-announced.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I would say Trump will have a sub put a bomb in the sea.
to make it look like kim did it. so he Can start a war with him.
AND keep China out.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
NOW we're talking...www.activistpost.com...

Project THOR in the HOUSE!
edit on 22-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sagacity

But the words weren't the foreign minister's words. He wouldn't make a statement like that without direct and specific instructions from Kim himself.

He was expressing an opinion , it may be an opinion based on plans in the works or it may just be his opinion ... nobody knows.
I think it's another turn of the screw , they don't have to actually do it just the threat is enough to elicit the desired effect.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
The way I understand it, I don't see this happening.

There's 3 ways you could do this:

1. Fly the bomb out with a bomber and drop it at the test site you've chosen.
2. Haul it out there with your navy, set it up, move your navy out of the blast zone and detonate.
3. Launch it to the test site you've chosen on a missile.

The problem is, they lack the capability to do any of these.

1. The only plane they have that they could drop a nuclear bomb with is the Il-28, which has a maximum range of about 2200 km, and that's probably unloaded. So realistically it could only fly about 1000 km before it had to turn around and head home. If you look at a map, there's really no route this bomber could fly without violating someone else's airspace and make it out to the Pacific before they had to turn around.

2. What Navy? They've only got a handful of active vessels, logistically it just wouldn't be feasible to send them out that far to do a test.

3. Their missile technology isn't advanced enough to do this yet. They would have to launch on a ballistic trajectory, and they haven't demonstrated the ability to have the warhead survive re-entry yet.

So, unless I'm missing something here, he's just blowing smoke.

Bingo
Line 2

They have 1 bomb at a time that's it. They can't start anything without a backup plan. Unless he wants everyone there to DIE!!

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
I would say Trump will have a sub put a bomb in the sea.
to make it look like kim did it. so he Can start a war with him.
AND keep China out.

There wouldn't be a "war", anymore than me and Mayweather in the ring would be a "fight", LOL.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Sagacity

But the words weren't the foreign minister's words. He wouldn't make a statement like that without direct and specific instructions from Kim himself.

He was expressing an opinion , it may be an opinion based on plans in the works or it may just be his opinion ... nobody knows.
I think it's another turn of the screw , they don't have to actually do it just the threat is enough to elicit the desired effect.

Agreed that the threat and eliciting of a response is what they are after.

My point was only that most don't believe it was his opinion. NK public officials are given their opinions, particularly with a situation like this and in the forum in which it was relayed.

I mean at the end of the day, it's just like you mentioned, turning the screws a bit, as both sides are doing.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: Charlyboy
a reply to: hiddenNZ
I guess the same right the French, American, Russian etc etc had? None at all but they did.

You're trying to excuse NK. You will be protesting against Trump the day we destroy NK too.

Yes. You have no right to murder that many innocent people.

You're right. I hate nukes and wars.

North Korea is like being attacked by your little sister. It's annoying, but she can't really do anything to you. And, sure you could annihilate her with one punch, but no one would like you if you hit a girl.

Never underestimate. Even your sister.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join