It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making America Great Again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
MAGA has been the war cry. It needs a footnote, though...what's the baseline? When exactly was that?
Maybe it's just me, but I really couldn't tell you what particular era is being referenced. A little help here? And be nice!

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

what particular era is being referenced

Is this supposed to be a gotha question so you can say "there is no era in which America was great"?

You sly Canadian you

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

what particular era is being referenced

Is this supposed to be a gotcha question so you can say "there is no era in which America was great"?

No ( but I fixed your spelling)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Thanks! Maybe MAGA is a reference to a time when Americans were all great spellers.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I don't think it refers to eras, more so I believe it refers to moments in US history?

Abolition of slavery, the end of prohibition, civil rights, gay marriage...
All great moments which united the country.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
AT best it is merely a modernization of "the good ol' days" wistfulness that usually accompanies the middle aged and elderly periods of life.

At worst, it's an echo of every fascist regime that has ever come into power.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Haven't you heard? Boohoo, Amerika isn't great anymore.

Why else would they sell that meme to the people?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
But America is already great.
Great at war mongering
Great at spending on military equipment
Great at jailing people for victimless crimes
Great at waging war against its own people
Great at militarizing its police

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
MAGA has been the war cry. It needs a footnote, though...what's the baseline? When exactly was that?
Maybe it's just me, but I really couldn't tell you what particular era is being referenced. A little help here? And be nice!

America has changed since Obama. Supermarkets are being changed to accommodate the food styles of our invaders from the south, whites are constantly and openly blamed collectively whereas it has become a death sentence to do so publicly to any other race, militant "protesters" are shown on TV as good guys AS they destroy property and suppress freedoms long accepted, citizens are forced to purchase health insurance when they don't want or need it, our enemies have driven closer to nuclear armaments, economic constraints have been placed on our industries, and much much more. All of this has happened in the last 8 years.

It might be hard for some to see it but for much of America, we have been taken down a road we do not want to travel on.

Trump tapped into this feeling of dislike for these changes, which turned out to be shared by more people than some would expect.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Supermarkets are being changed to accommodate the food styles of our invaders from the south

You have a problem with supermarkets selling taco ingredients? Tacos are delicious!

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

we have Hispanic food in our grocery stores now - the horror!

didn't you whine about "liberal" bike paths in your town once, too. good lord...

edit on 21-9-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Honestly?

It'd been better to say, Make Our America Better".

But MOAB was already taken.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Tempter
Supermarkets are being changed to accommodate the food styles of our invaders from the south

You have a problem with supermarkets selling taco ingredients? Tacos are delicious!

As a taco aficionado, I agree, they are delicious.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Tempter

we have Hispanic food in our grocery stores now - the horror!

didn't you whine about "liberal" bike paths in your town once, too. good lord...

If you want to pick out and target only one of my comments go ahead. But when I walk into a grocery store in mother flipping Wisconsin (80%+ German) and there is a Mexican bakery and the produce section is covered with migrant families who are speaking another language, you can bet your ASS I'm upset. They redesigned our local grocer to accommodate two new sections, a Mexican bakery and the new central America produce section. What's funny is since Trump this supermarket has changed and I can actually walk in and hear English language being spoken. That's making America great again!

Again, that's just one point I had.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

I think it was something by or to, Ronald Raygun.........

As for a baseline these days, America is fine...not perfect, but fine. MAGA, is somewhere up in the clouds, but only means something to Mr Trump, and that probably translates into "Only Donald" etc..etc.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Of all things Grocery stores ? lololol
America has changed is changing has never stopped changing .
Nothing stays static .

Now the question to answer is how these changes effect our life .
Lack of health care is getting worse and worse . Ok this is not a good change .
Lak of affordable housing is getting worse and worse . This is not a good change .

Lak of instructor repairs is getting worse or even worse has never been addressed as water pips over 130 years old in big citys rot away as roads are repaved once every other year and it barly slows the decaying roads.
as Brown outs and black out become more and more common as the transformers are 40 years old and going off like popcorn .

As more and more Good jobs get lost to out sourcing wile MC Donald and Walmart now supply the most jobs .

And lets not forget its the POOR and Mexicans falt .
The slogan was meant to read America's GREAT fall and its no secret you know it I know it the so called elite know it and every one is in a scramble to save there ((assest)) .

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Great at war mongering

Man, if we only had a two party system so it could undo the damage of the other party when in control.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
How can you set a baseline for greatness when some people dont think America has never been great?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Great at war mongering

Man, if we only had a two party system so it could undo the damage of the other party when in control.

We already do and none of those things have been repealed, ended or curtailed. The current administration is actually trying to strengthen all of them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join