It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller seeks White House documents related to Trump's actions as president

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SamBerns
a reply to: Aazadan

No evidence of what you claim.

Trump himself said that was his plan.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Link?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SamBerns

Link?

It was something I heard on the radio, one of Trumps various ramblings, I'm not having much luck finding the transcript. Most of the articles on the subject go over Mueller having Trumps letter of why he fired Comey, but the details of that letter haven't leaked yet.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Good luck trying to find it, because I recall Trump saying the exact opposite: he was well aware that firing Comey would not stop the investigation.

Now that we've learned the truth about the wiretapping, I think we can put the pieces together: Comey was aware that Trump and his people were being monitored, which is why he would not make a public statement to say that Trump wasn't under investigation.

Of course, that means he lied when he told Trump that he wasn't under investigation, and I'm pretty sure that lying to your superior is perfectly adequate grounds to be fired.
edit on 21-9-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Stop being rude to me. You have no excuse to do it and I am not the one.

edit on 9 21 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Really?
Sure okay. I can indulge you if that's what it takes.
But keep in mind you did post about passing gas when the subject of the thread was about documentation being sought in a criminal investigation.
Just so we're clear on why I said what I said.
edit on 9212017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I'm pretty sure that lying to your superior is perfectly adequate grounds to be fired.

I'm sure it is too but that's not the reason trump gave and everybody knows it.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

www.nytimes.com...

All part of the clever Plan.

And don't ask for an explanation.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SamBerns

While it's true there is no evidence of appointing a new director with any special understanding about scope of possible inquiries or limitations on investigations, it is also true that Comeys firing is part of the reason for the Mueller investigation. And that reason centers around obstruction of justice action taken by trump.
First in asking Comey straight up to stop.
Then firing him when he not only refused to alter the investigation but also refused to swear loyalty to him.
Then telling Lester Holt and the nation that the reason that Comey was fired was because of the phoney rusher thing.
Then telling the top Russian diplomat in our country that doing so released him of the pressure of that nut job.
Well if anything it raises some questions.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

So far youve had the whole conversation.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Specifically what interested me was the request for Airforce One call logs when Trump was strategizing with Junior on how to explain the impetus for the meeting in Trump Tower with Russian agents (the BS adoption story).

Trump would not have composed a public lie of that magnitude without checking with others to make sure everyone was on the same page. "This is what I am going to say, so we are on the same page" kind of calls.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Good luck trying to find it, because I recall Trump saying the exact opposite: he was well aware that firing Comey would not stop the investigation.

Jesus Christ...what do you people do to your brains?

Trump to Russia's Chief Diplomat in a meeting where US Reporters were denied access:
"“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.”

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: windword

www.nytimes.com...

All part of the clever Plan.

What's the plan?
Trump's resignation? Impeachment? Or the 3rd way where Obstruction Charges are filed and SCOTUS rules on if a President is immune or not?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And don't ask for an explanation

Because you don't have one?

Oh come on...you walked right into that one. Or did so on purpose. That does seem to be an affectation of yours.
edit on 9232017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

I was going to start another thread on that. I don't want it buried here in this thread. Yes they want the phone logs from air force one for the day trump left the G20 and responded to the news about the meeting in trump tower with that lie about Russian adoptions.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchenbut it had to be russia they villians how else do you explain why hilly lost? you say she crooked well she pretty old so i'll give you that one. she mishandled classified emails she old she probably barely knows about it because old people and tech. she took large amounts of money from saudis and other ENEMY STATES and laundered it thru clinton foundation ok you got me there throw her in gitmo for collabertion with terrorist nation.

but seriously mueller can't find any proof of russian involvement so he trying to go after potus for firing that putz comey well i guess he does not realize he can't charge sitting president for acts of office that he has power to do. firing of people in justice department and cia are in his authority to do. just like when obama got rid of high ranking military brass it was in his authority. now if congress had hired comey as a special prosecutor and pres fired him that would be obstruction.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
but seriously mueller can't find any proof of russian involvement...

And you know that how? Seems like a firm statement of fact. May we assume that you're on the distribution list for those reports?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Do you really think you know more than Bob Mueller about what he can and cannot do?

Somehow I doubt it.

It is the presidents prerogative to fire any of them for any reason. But trump admitted that he fired Comey to get a federal investigation into someone else stopped. He admitted to us on T.V. he admitted it to the Russian spies he invited into the Whitehouse. So he didn't just happen to fire him...he fired him to obstruct justice.
edit on 9282017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join