It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek: Discovery

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: solargeddon
Anyone care to speculate as to what was going on at the end of the last episode?

Can't wait for next week

Harry Mudd will escape?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Anyone care to speculate as to what was going on at the end of the last episode?

Can't wait for next week

Harry Mudd will escape?

Your read Imdb too?

I meant with the other dude at the end in the mirror.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Can't wait for next week

Harry Mudd will escape?

Your read Imdb too?

I meant with the other dude at the end in the mirror.

No, watched the episode and guessed.
edit on 110CDT08America/Chicago00780831 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I agree. For some reason I got bored with Janeway half way through the first season. I watched some of Star Trek: Enterprise but didn't really give it enough of a serious viewing. I'm going to try to dig it up again thanks to some of the comments here.

Just finished watching Discovery episode 4. I cant seem to fault it. I think its great. Realistic ideas...its also darker. Its reignited my love of Star Trek. Cant wait for more.

I'm also going to hunt done ST Enterprise. For some reason my memory is telling me there was some good stuff in there.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Thank you, I agree with your critique entirely. I'm 60 and have been watching the franchise since about 1968. Its bringing out a sense of excitement in me again that I haven't felt for the franchise since the early 80's.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Didn't realise Mud was a character from the original Star Trek series until I checked out a website...fascinating!

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Didn't realise Mud was a character from the original Star Trek series until I checked out a website...fascinating!

Star Trek Discovery is set 10 years before the Kirk and Spock timeline so we should see many characters, or introductions to alien species that we already have seen in the subsequent timelines. So, with Harry Mudd, it seems Starfleet has cramped his criminal activities and will continue to do so as Mudd and the Star Trek characters explore the galaxy.

Also interesting is why do Klingon females seem to be sexually attracted to human males; is this an explanation of interbreeding with this species that we can expect in the future?

Burnham was an orphan raised by Vulcans, so Discovery perhaps is setting the stage for the explanation of alien species getting to know one another's abilities and quirks, as well as interbreeding; at 10 years before Kirk and Spock, Spock should have been born already, so the interbreeding has begun with the Vulcans and humans.
edit on 110CDT09America/Chicago00890931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I'd do a Klingon...

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

I'd do a Klingon...

Really? But we really don't know what the mating ritual entails.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I'd do a Klingon...

YOLO!

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I'd do a Klingon...

YOLO!

Yes, living only once for a short while may be what's in store for you. lol
edit on 110CDT12America/Chicago058121231 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   

I'd do a Klingon...

YOLO!

Lol
The mating ritual probably ain't that bad. Probably just a bit of blood letting and some ball crushing thrown in with the foreplay

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

So yah, hard core fans need to learn how to share and not get greedy and demanding everything be their way.

No we don't. We are the only reason they keep coming back to Star Trek as a franchise, so the studios can damned well give us the service we all require. We are the ones buying the merchandise, seeing the movies, keeping the hype and the lore alive for future generations, building libraries of data on the show for our own amusement and to make sure the future remembers the show, regardless of how grim things get.

Without people like us, the franchise would have died out long ago. Yet much of what has come along since Voyager (at least in terms of the television shows produced since then) ended, has made many of the true fans, rather than the casuals, feel it would have been better for the franchise to die, than turn into what it is becoming, namely a cash cow that may as well be an entirely separate intellectual property, for all it has any relation to actual Trek lore.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I'd do a Klingon...

YOLO!

Lol
The mating ritual probably ain't that bad. Probably just a bit of blood letting and some ball crushing thrown in with the foreplay

That is a given but in the Discovery episode there was mention that human males are lacking some body parts, whatever that means. But in previous Star Trek lore human males and female Klingons seem to make it work.

edit on 110CDT07America/Chicago03770731 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Can't wait for next week

I'm not sure if it was some sort of time-dilation nod, or a Mirror Universe nod. It's entirely possible it's a MU nod, they did say there was going to be some MU eventually. I wonder if the spore drive linked the two and Stamets now straddles two dimensions in some fashion.

As to the F-bomb, I'm fine with it. If we can have Data say "Oh sh#" in Generations, Picard saying "sh#" in French (Merde) a whole bunch of damns, son of a bitches, hells, bloody, bollocks (gotta love O'Brien) and "double dumbass on you" (thanks, Kirk!, ST: 4) then I think we're fine with a hyper-excited F-bomb outburst in a proper context.

I absolutely love the Trekkie outrage over it, though. Really, I do. Trekkie selective memory is on display, because people are claiming an F-bomb makes it not fit in the family-friendly franchise. A lot of people seem to forget Star Trek works rape discussion in there a lot. Troi's alien baby in "The Child" can be seen as a rape baby, then there's Troi getting mind-raped (and T'pol) You have Yar avoiding rape gangs growing up, Cardassians raping the Bajorans (and not just metaphorically) Spock's forced mind-meld with Valeris could be construed as rape, and TOS is littered with rape, either seen or implied.
I'd love to know how an F-bomb is less "family friendly" than sexual assault is.
edit on 10/19/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Honestly, the f bomb was something I should have laughed at, it's totally my sense of humor. It bothered me and I have no idea why. I'm totally ok with sh# for some reason but not the f bomb. Also, the lady who said it, is one of my favorite characters! WTF is wrong with me?!?!

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I don't know why I continue to watch this show.

It's got absolutely nothing going for it.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I don't know why I continue to watch this show.

It's got absolutely nothing going for it.

The characters are amusing and use different catch words or phrases each episode.

So we have so far:

The F'ing word - used to enhance the word awesome, to make it extremely more awesome

Groovy & Real Cool

I'm half expecting them to use Rad and Sick at some point because they seem to be catering to different generations of Star Trek fans (a little bit of this, a little bit of that).

edit on 110CDT08America/Chicago00380831 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 110CDT08America/Chicago00380831 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I've gotten over my f bomb shock and am really enjoying the series.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Anybody else suspect that our pale friend Voq might be Kor, Koloth & Kang's Albino nemesis?

That would be one hell of an epic story arc if the show delved into THAT blood feud!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join