It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Calls On DOJ To Release His Intercepted Communications With Foreigners

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: network dude

The MSM, which, once again for the slow folks, and the ones at the back, includes the heavily right wing, and very broadly watched, not to mention significantly powerful brand which is FOX NEWS!

Give me a break. What you mean by main stream media, is media organisations who refuse to get down on their knees and "service" the "staff of office" of your chosen God, idol, idiot or whatever he is this month.

My God is the creator of all, not the president. And if you can't see the bias in the MSM, you will not ever see it, unless you are referring to Fox news. I can see the bias in Fox as well as ALL THE OTHERS. Good luck in your search for a truth that makes you feel good.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: xuenchen

If he were a CIA asset, the FBI would have been warned off three years ago.

They have to play it out and keep it all looking real.

Which, thankfully for those who want to misdirect and misrepresent the facts, is completely indistinguishable from "looking real" eh?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
I think you are way off with your anti Trump stuff, but I will say you have one point with whicch I agree with you on.

Isn't it funny how being the target of the deep state surveillance can all of the sudden make you realize maybe it is an abusive tool?

Look, I am not saying we shouldn't have any surveillance, but these secret Fisa courts and unmasking etc. have been a problem long before Trump or Obama, and its getting worse.

Now I don't believe Manaforts objection here is that he was surveilled (though I am sure he isn't happy abbout it) but for that that fact was illegally leaked. And he is right, these leaks have been politically motivated and outrageous, and should be investigated.

But hopefully this whole wiretap episode illustrates to Trump supporters just how orwellian these fisa court rulings really are.

And I hope that the people that are cheering for this because they hate Trump do not have to be personally affected before they too wake up and realize this danger.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

How would you handle a direct invasion of privacy and Fourth Amendment rights against citizens by our government if not by some level of judicial action (countering the power of the Executive Branch.)

I'm not a big fan of the star chamber either ... but how else do we handle covert actions against Americans?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

There is one way, but it is risky, and requires ACTUAL patriotism, not that immigrant hating nonsense that is currently popular.

What you do, is you get five million of your countrymen, marching in formation, march them from wherever you meet to Utah, and you deconstruct the data centre there with pick axes, hammers, sledgehammers, and thermal lances. If the security services try to stop you, well... they will not have enough bullets for that, nor enough men to shoot those bullets at you. Five million is a piss drop in an ocean of people the size of the American population, so its not a big ask, when you really think about it.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I'm all for it.

My question to Grambler, though, has to do with the need of our intelligence community, upon occasion, to surveil Americans who are "up to no good" in actual collaboration with foreign powers.

I don't like to think about actual traitors to our country, as that is so often overblown, but they do exist.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If there was any treasonous communication by Manafort, it would have came out before January 20.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

How would you handle a direct invasion of privacy and Fourth Amendment rights against citizens by our government if not by some level of judicial action (countering the power of the Executive Branch.)

I'm not a big fan of the star chamber either ... but how else do we handle covert actions against Americans?

Yes there should be a level of judicial action. The problem is that it shouldn't be in secret. These judges are appointed by the very people asking them these requests.

The fact that .03% of the requests are rejected proves the oversight is a joke.

Although our elected officials almost always suck, we need people that are held accountable to voters to have oversight, not unelected judges.

We also should have a system where after every case where an American is spied upon in this manner, that a full transparent review of the case should be done in public, so that people can understand the extreme circumstances that went into to needing the wiretap.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: warpeace
If there was any treasonous communication by Manafort, it would have came out before January 20.

Why? Did our system of justice stop working on January 20th?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Gryphon66

There is one way, but it is risky, and requires ACTUAL patriotism, not that immigrant hating nonsense that is currently popular.

What you do, is you get five million of your countrymen, marching in formation, march them from wherever you meet to Utah, and you deconstruct the data centre there with pick axes, hammers, sledgehammers, and thermal lances. If the security services try to stop you, well... they will not have enough bullets for that, nor enough men to shoot those bullets at you. Five million is a piss drop in an ocean of people the size of the American population, so its not a big ask, when you really think about it.

No this is the exact wrong thing to do. Using violence and destruction of property because you are convinced you are right is what leads to Antifa or white supremacist beating people and destroying property out of what they perceive is the morally righteous position.

People should mobilize and put forth candidates and vote for people that would change this.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

If the issuance of a warrant were not in secret, doesn't that discard the idea of "covert surveillance"?

Federal Judges are appointed for life ... thereby reducing the control factor in the Executive appointments.

The fact that any requests for warrants AT ALL are rejected seems to prove the contrary.

I agree with you about accountability, however, there are some areas of covert action that just don't lend themselves to that.

I agree 100% on the last comment.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Trump may be a turd. But he is nothing compared to the bucket full that the 2 parties are. They have controlled our government long enough that their desires are the governments desires.

Im still waiting on that swamp draining. Hasn't happened yet. Till it does, Trump is still a turd. And if he never does it, he could be the biggest turd in the bucket. Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Does anybody know who requested the fisa warrant for spying on Manafort the second time?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Does anybody know who requested the fisa warrant for spying on Manafort the second time?

Susan Rice? Lynch? Nah....way too obvious...right?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

A combination of:

1. Obama
2. Lynch
3. Comey

and "approved" by Hillary and the DNC

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

What he is doing is colloquially known as whistling past the graveyard.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

He has already been told he is going to be indicted. He may already have been. But he is going to be if he hasn't already.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah all part of that secret plan trump has.
The master mind.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Only if biased means truth. If you can't see that well.....

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

The fact that .03% of the requests are rejected

For the third time now ...where did you get this number and what does it mean? Or what do you think it means?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join