It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take University's ‘white privilege’ quiz- Students Will Get Extra Credit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Finally extra credit for taking a white privilege quiz.
Of course let's not talk about taking a trait based on skin color and apply it to every one of that particular race is the definition of racism, this is A-OK.

Students in a sociology class at San Diego State University can earn extra credit if they take a quiz to determine their level of “white privilege.”

Professor Dae Elliott offered the option to her sociology class students, a “White Privilege Checklist” that includes 20 questions that aim to illustrate that “racial privilege is one form of privilege.”
www.thecollegefix.com...

Ahh the quiz.
Can you shop with out being followed? Yes, white privilege.
Can you go into a music store (are there music stores any more?) and find music that represents your race being represented? Yes, white privilege.
Can you take a test that is inclusive of your race? If yes, white privilege.
The pathetic list is full of racially leading questions and is in it's self racist. I would think at some point law suits will straighten this out.

edit on 19-9-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I keep having to remind myself I'm not racist more frequently these days.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Can you take a test that is inclusive of your race? If yes, white privilege.
The pathetic list is full of racially leading questions and is in it's self racist. I would think at some point law suits will straighten this out.

sums it up.
edit on 19-9-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If the point of this is to prove America is mostly white....duh. He should check the dictionary for redundant. It says, "See redundant." @@

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

At some point this has to be considered a racist action.

Imagine a test to see if you have anything other race than white privilege. Riots would ensue.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Answer key for our football players so we can keep up their GPA and get that W this weekend.

1. F
2. T
3. F
4. T
5. 8
6. A
7. F
8. T
9. 67
10. Their
11. 56
12. Concave
13. Atom
14. Je
15. T
16. F
17. N/A
18. 37
19. Moon
20. 15
21. Kilometer
22. Amazon.com
23. F
24. T
25. Liam Neeson

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Isn't the opportunity for a white student to get extra credit over non-white students...MORE White Privilege?

link   

They should put that as the Upper Class White Liberal Privilege. Here in LA, they are pretty racist. I had a friend who happened to be Latino and one time when he and his dad was in Beverly Hills, they gave him suspicious stares even though he wasn't doing anything.

Also, it was upper class white liberals that screwed over minority communities by forcing them to relocate to other places via gentrification.

I wanna confess I used to be somewhat anti white and those white liberals are the reason why. They would claim they are for helping minorities and in reality they stab them in the back (I am not anti white anymore though). However, I should tell you many minorities here feel that way.

If liberals are seriously are looking for racists, they should call out the liberal racists first.
edit on 9/19/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

link   
Have they been putting mushrooms in everyone's food lately.

I feel like this #show can't be real !

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Looks like a survey which are quite common around university campuses, and since it involves a social issue, of course it is in a sociology class. Graduate students do them all the time; they have to to gather information for research papers.

Doesn't say what the 'extra credit" is, but this is also not uncommon. Nobody wants to take the time to do a survey, so they will add a point or two to your final totals for your grades. This is no big deal.

Otherwise, it's simply trying to get students to "think". Not a thing in the world wrong with this. Nada.
edit on 9/19/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

25. Liam Neeson

Sith says, "That's racist."

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

25. Liam Neeson

Sith says, "That's racist."

Not that one, the where's my daughter one.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Here's a list of free things I've gotten for being born a whitey:

The End.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It's almost like white people have a video on MTV hanging a black child.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Put that as the Upper Class White Liberal Privilege. Here in LA, they are pretty racist. I had a friend who happened to be Latino and one time when he and his dad was in Beverly Hills, they gave him suspicious stares even though he wasn't doing anything.

Also, it was upper class white liberals that screwed over minority communities by forcing them to relocate to other places via gentrification.

I wanna confess I used to be somewhat anti white and those white liberals are the reason why. They would claim they are for helping minorities and in reality they stab them in the back (I am not anti white anymore though). However, I should tell you many minorities here feel that way.

So you were anti-white because of a small portion of white people. Glad you reformed.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

That's because most of the white people in LA and California are actually upper class/upper middle class. Here white people equals rich arrogant liberal that look down on people.

In fact my sis once told me white people have the tendency to act all "high and mighty."

As a result, we thought all white people are like that.

edit on 9/19/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

nvr mind
edit on 19-9-2017 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

That would be so creative, and empowering. It would be such a great thing to open a dialog.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

That would be so creative, and empowering. It would be such a great thing to open a dialog.

In the name of equality and equal treatment.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Interesting comment. I live in a predominatly hispanic part of Texas, I am white and hate to admit it but I am becoming increasingly anti-white. Well I guess that would be more like anti-white American. I have to wonder how long it will be before the predominantly white colleg e administrators will decide that in order to balance the scales, they have to start limiting the number of whites tey admit each year.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join