It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if a hurricane hits Yellowstone!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
What will happen if a Hurricane brought all that ocean water and hit yellow stone?

I really want to see it hit Yellowstone. Will it cool the volcano off? No one has ever seem to question it.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
What will happen if a Hurricane brought all that ocean water and hit yellow stone?

I really want to see it hit Yellowstone. Will it cool the volcano off? No one has ever seem to question it.

Why do you need a hurricane? It snows in Yellowstone. Wouldn't that cool it off?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Then we would loose coastal lands.
Because it would HAVE to move to the middle of the country to do so.
edit on 18-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hurricanes don't usually make it that far inland. Tornado maybe, hurricane no.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

That's an awful long ways inland.......

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I don't think the hurricane and associated rain would last going over the Rocky Mountains. More likely the rain would be dropped on the western side of the range before even making it that far, and it would also really cut the wind for sure.

Its a matter of geography really.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

No one ever questions it because it's not possible.
You honestly didnt just ask that right?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

If you research Hurricanes in North America you will find that they don't usually make it that far inland

2010-2014.commerce.gov...

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

If you research Hurricanes in North America you will find that they don't usually make it that far inland

2010-2014.commerce.gov...

To put that chart another way, no hurricane has ever hit Wyoming and with 96% of YNP being in Wyoming it is literally a non event.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Cant Happen its impossible for hurricane to strike there.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

If a hurricane hits Yellow Stone we are in deep deep doo doo.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Perhaps in about a century when the average global temperature has risen about 4 degrees....we may get a CAT 10 Pacific Cyclone that could reach that far. But, I think California would be wiped off the map in the process. Not that it would be a bad thing. Those streets in San Diego would really get cleaned up from that.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Not likely. At all....

Hurricanes, waterspouts, monsoons, typhoons, tropical storms, and tidal waves and tsunamis are water oriented.

Cyclones, tornados, dust storms, whirlwinds and the like are land oriented.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Yellowstone is more than a mile above sea level. That's a little high for a storm surge.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Indeed. Not so much because of Yellowstone though, but because any storm that got that far would be one mother...um...a really bad one. I would not want to be in its way.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

*To add to my 1st reply:

Can hurricanes form over land? - c/o answers.com"

"No, they require warm water to form. No hurricanes do not start on land, because a hurricane needs warm water (at least 26C). Also hurricanes need water to easily evaporate, soon the water starts spinning and become a tropical storm, over some days the storm intensifies and becomes a hurricane.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
SHARKS!!! LOT'S AND LOT'S OF SHARKS!!!

Edit: no need to worry as it has not and hopefully never will happen.😁

edit on 18-9-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Geography is against it...

"In the eastern Pacific region, one has to go all the way down to the central Mexico coastline to find water warm enough to sustain hurricanes. This warm water lies well within the belt of easterly winds, so almost all the storms that form there move away from the coast, toward the west. By the time those storms recurve, they are usually many thousands of kilometers west of the coast of North America.

"Hurricanes almost always form over ocean water warmer than about 80 degrees F. in a belt of generally east-to-west flow called the trade winds. They move westward with the trade winds and also drift slowly poleward. Eventually, if they last long enough, they will drift poleward far enough to enter the belt of westerly winds that prevails in middle latitudes. When this happens, the hurricanes 'recurve' toward the east and thereafter follow paths that are generally both eastward and poleward.

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I really want to see it hit Yellowstone.

Am I the only one that finds this concerning?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

right??

talk about sea level rise..

how big would the hurricane have to be?? we'll have to invent higher categories too..

Cool down yellowstone volcano??
stop feeding her magma.

lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join