It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judges control the media and violate the 1st amendment?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The company does not make a profit. That means they spend all of the money they receive. All the donations, all the public funds.

Why would they receive public funds and still charge people? That sounds like a scam.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

No.
They are government.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Because public funding does not fully cover the cost of the services provided. Because public funding does not pay for abortions.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Non Profit just means at the end of the year you don't show any any profit after expenses are figured. You show no Profit. The money that came in equals the money you spend on employees and other expenses to run the business. There is nothing left over. But people still get paid to work there, they buy office equipment, etc.

So you're funded and know how much money you have to work with first and budget it out accordingly so it balances out.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: saint4God
This is where the profit is.

No it isn't. It's in the insurance companies' executives' salaries and their stock holder's dividends.

There too, good addendum.
edit on 18-9-2017 by saint4God because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Non Profit just means at the end of the year you don't show any any profit after expenses are figured. You show no Profit. The money that came in equals the money you spend on employees and other expenses to run the business. There is nothing left over. But people still get paid to work there, they buy office equipment, etc.

So you're funded and know how much money you have to work with first and budget it out accordingly so it balances out.

Lets say I started a business. If I payed out all of my earnings to my workers and myself and the business broke even, would it be a non profit business?

Edited to add, could I get public funding from the government?
edit on 18-9-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Sorry the topic has strayed, I didn't mean to rabbit trail into profit versus non-profit. Cash money doesn't miraculously dissolve the First Amendment (unless I'm missing something here), and the original point was through judicial power there is a control of the media and other free speech by censorship. This is the more interesting topic and the foundation of the proposed discussion. Sometimes by focusing too much on one detail we can miss the bigger picture. In short, this is about the legality of the supression order and the power of the courts to control public opinion.
edit on 18-9-2017 by saint4God because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: Phage

So, you don't know what non-profit means either?

He said customers. Non-profits do not have customers since no one purchases anything from them.

Theater companies are often non-profit, I still have to buy a ticket to see their plays.

Where does the money go then?

It depends on the size and success of the company, a small and solvent company, it will go to paying debts. A large and solvent company, it will join the millions in the bank as a hedge against future losses.
Insolvent companies, it will go to pay administrators and actors.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Looks like the Obama created swamp will take years to drain. But it will happen if President Trump is in charge long enough.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I don't know all the accounting details on how everything works. But I worked for a Non-Profit for a while and basically they were funded privately and publicly from a variety of sources. We were paid the same as any other job that pays based on salary. Nobody worked by the hour, it was all set and established before hand.

But when we filled out our sheet to get paid, you filled in the hours you worked, which might be less or more or exactly what your hours actually were but you always filled in 40 per week. Then you had a list of funding sources that were broken down by the project and you listed all those on that paper as well. Only certain sources would fund certain projects and if you qualified for those projects that's who was funding you.

But it worked the same as any other business basically. Some jobs are just jobs internally like secretary or IT guy. But the services you provide is done not to make money but to provide "whatever" you've been funded to do.

You're not out to make money in other words. But they made plenty of money through their sources to pay for stuff, buy computers, hire people, have offices, etc. But that always balances perfectly. I always saw it as you just have to spend whatever money you bring in one way or another.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

If I payed out all of my earnings to my workers and myself and the business broke even, would it be a non profit business?

Yes. But for fully tax exempt status you need to qualify. This would allow you to accept tax deductible donations and (maybe) qualify for public funding.

www.councilofnonprofits.org...

edit on 9/18/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Actually this is Planned Parenthood's "profit" and the very reason why it was created in the first place:

It is a fact that the elite have long been the prime sponsors of global depopulation schemes. The Rockefellers funded Margaret Sanger's eugenics programs and helped her set up Planned Parenthood. George Herbert Walker Bush, as a young Congressman, served as head of Rockefellers' Zero Population Growth organization.

To this day, the elite fund the drive by crazed environmentalists for a "sustainable earth." The stated goal, as CNN founder Ted Turner explained, is to wipe off the face of the earth some five and one-half billion inhabitants, leaving only 500 million alive.

Endgame: The Illuminati Blueprint for Global Enslavement

"Planned Parenthood" has nothing to do with CHOICE...

It's about depopulation and genocide.

“They are…human weeds,’ ‘reckless breeders,’ ’spawning… human beings who never should have been born.” ~ Margaret Sanger

“Birth control is nothing more or less than…weeding out the unfit.” ~ Margaret Sanger

“I think the greatest sin in the world is bringing children into the world.” ~ Margaret Sanger

“But for my view, I believe that there should be no more babies.” ~ Margaret Sanger

edit on 2.12.2018 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
More on Planned Parenthood's funding...

If you give Planned Parenthood money for these so-called “other things,” the abortion provider can shift money from those “other things” to abortion. Any money given to Planned Parenthood funds abortion. Period.

Trump Open To Idea of Continuing Taxpayer Funding of Planned Parenthood

On average, Planned Parenthood receives approximately $500 million a year in taxpayer funds. The report found that the six organizations spent $481 million in federal funding from Fiscal Years 2010 to 2012.

Republicans Push Budget to Help End Taxpayer Funding for Planned Parenthood Abortion Biz

“Americans deserve to know if their hard-earned tax money is being funneled to groups that are misusing it,” said Tierney, one of more than 2,600 private attorneys allied with ADF, which in April asked the Supreme Court to weigh in on the case.

“The government is withholding documents that are critical in evaluating this apparently illegal funding, which the Obama administration granted despite New Hampshire’s grave concerns and without following standard protocols. The administration’s ongoing defense of Planned Parenthood and the secrecy surrounding its funding is completely unacceptable.”

“Americans are already being forced to fund Planned Parenthood, which has become the subject of numerous state investigations in recent days, with more than $500 million in taxpayer dollars annually,” said ADF Senior Counsel Casey Mattox. “At the very least, the government must be transparent about this money. Since Planned Parenthood is already the subject of repeated state and federal audits and whistleblower lawsuits for waste, abuse, and potential fraud of taxpayer dollars, not to mention ongoing federal and state investigations over possible baby parts trafficking, the government should comply with the law and come clean about the funding.”

Secret Obama deal to fund Planned Parenthood

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Holy sh1t. That got real, real quick!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join