It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort was wire tapped

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: windword

Are we still speaking of legalities here?

Compromising information is a vague term.

It's deliberately broad, because of the number of incidents and allegations being looked at by the Mueller team.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Even so, there is no crime called "collusion". It is not illegal. Even if he "encouraged" the Russians to say bad things/lie about Clinton. Again, not illegal. I wonder what they are looking at charging him with? They've gotten two search warrants, and one was a "no-knock" at 6 a.m., so they had probable cause for something.

Any idea what? Money laundering maybe?

eta: I've been listening to some other things, and it seems "espionage" or "agent for a foreign country", is the bugaboo they might be looking at.

(Trump hired a spy for his campaign manager! hahaha. Sorry, couldn't resist.) We certainly do not know that, no we do not.

edit on 9/18/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: carewemust

I'm using the words that President Trump used. Wiretapping in this day and age is a very broad term.

Fine, but "wiretapping Trump Towers" is a not the same as monitoring a cell phone. Also, monitoring a private land line in a private residence that happens to be in Trump Towers, is not the same as wiretapping Trump Towers, speaking of broad terms.

I don't think Twitter allows one to get very specific. But whatever.... If the spying was legal, not a problem.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I'm using the words that President Trump used. Wiretapping in this day and age is a very broad term.

Fine, but "wiretapping Trump Towers" is a not the same as monitoring a cell phone. Also, monitoring a private land line in a private residence that happens to be in Trump Towers, is not the same as wiretapping Trump Towers, speaking of broad terms.

I don't think Twitter allows one to get very specific. But whatever.... If the spying was legal, not a problem.

But, some of those recorded calls likely include Manafort talking to Trump. (Don't worry, I'm sure it was only Trump talking about delicious foods and the ladies tender parts. *smirks*

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

a reply to: JinMI

He could, but why?

To stop to prosecution, which may reveal some compromising information about the Trump Campaign, in its tracks.

If there is something that Trump did that was illegal, pardoning Manafort will not stop the investigation. And Trump could be impeached.

Impeached for what exactly?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

He could, but why?

To stop to prosecution, which may reveal some compromising information about the Trump Campaign, in its tracks.

If there is something that Trump did that was illegal, pardoning Manafort will not stop the investigation. And Trump could be impeached.

Obstruction.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

But, some of those recorded calls likely include Manafort talking to Trump. (Don't worry, I'm sure it was only Trump talking about delicious foods and the ladies tender parts. *smirks*

If anything significant was uncovered during the spying, it would have leaked long before now.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

If anything significant was uncovered during the spying, it would have leaked long before now.

Nope. It will be over when it's over.

Do you mind if I ask if you are male or female?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

He could, but why?

Obstruction.

Really how did he obstruct? I would think that would be the focus of an investigation, not Russian collusion...

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

He could, but why?

Obstruction.

Really how did he obstruct? I would think that would be the focus of an investigation, not Russian collusion...

It is indeed interesting. It's a labyrinth of a rabbit hole. I think there may still be questions over the Comely firing. And why did he ask Comey not to investigate Flynn, and so on. Mueller is being so secretive about any findings thus far. Lots of speculation. From me too. Lots of speculation.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Maybe we can get one of those private prison contractors to add a Penitentiary Wing at The White House. Sounds like prison orange is the new color for fall in D.C.

Welcome to prison Mr. Manafort and company.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

No, I don't mind.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

No, I don't mind.

Cute. Thanks. I am female. I'm not ashamed of my gender nor do I hesitate to share the info.
Sorry you feel that way. Most people I can tell after a while, but have never really been sure about you, that's all.
No biggie. It matters not,.
edit on 9/18/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Manafort is going to sing like a canary. Trump must be looking for a safe place about now.

There's no loyalty in the Trump oval office. He demonstrated that....many times.

Business as usual ....

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

?

This strengthens the investigation. They had to have evidence for the warrants to be issued.

Manifort's in big big trouble already for lying to the FBI.
He is undoubtedly cooperating with Bob Mueller and his team because he's not on trial.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Sure and he probably will. Then he will pardon his son, and his daughter, and his son in law.
Then... congress will impeach him.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Only if you put it in quotation marks.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

It is the focus of an investigation. Mueller ...Comey ...firing...obstruction of justice...

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   

He could, but why?

It was hypothetical.
IF Trump did something illegal, he could be impeached for committing that crime.... whatever it may have been.
I have no reason to believe that he committed any crime.
edit on b000000302017-09-19T04:02:51-05:0004America/ChicagoTue, 19 Sep 2017 04:02:51 -0500400000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Nope.
Nobody in trumps administration knew about it.
If they had it certainly would have been leaked.

Apparently Mueller and his team picked the lock of Maniforts apartmentt and threatened him with an indictment back during that raid on his property in July.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join