It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mighty Vargon (unofficial post in honour of AAM2017)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
THE MIGHTY VARGON

The tiny blue dot on the forward view-screen got larger and larger until Ambassador Vrange of The Mighty Vargon Empire finally gave the order to fire the retro-drive of the Interplanetary Starship “Mergathon” and begin the descent phase of the journey.

84.6 nacs of Stasis followed by 0.34 nacs of recovery, checking all of the ship’s systems and trying to regain some semblance of physical fitness had taken its toll on the crew, but a palpable sense of excitement was beginning to spread, now that they were finally within reach of making “First Contact” with the civilisation they had detected so long ago on the blue planet below.

The Ambassador selected his finest warriors, diplomats and advisors for the landing party, and directed the communications officer to send the signal, that “representatives of the Mighty Vargon Empire would be arriving shortly on the Blue Planet known as “Earth” to make First Contact with the indigenous Human species there”.

A time and Place was selected, and the final preparations were made.

Ambassador Vrange donned his finest official Vargon ceremonial robes, briefed the commanders of the 6 landing craft & 516 crew members about the plans for the imminent First Contact, and began the final journey down to the surface of the Blue Planet.

The 6 sleek and powerful landing craft slowly and gracefully made their descent; keeping perfect formation (as ordered by the Ambassador) until at last... they had reached their destination and touched down with a final ROAR! onto the surface.

Little Jimmy Pudwick had heard a weird buzzing sound just a second or two before, and had half-heartedly tried to swat whatever bugs were trying to annoy his ear, but he quickly turned his attention back to Poppy’s Frisbee as she yapped and skipped around his feet, begging him to throw it once more.

He never heard the momentary squelch of the bodies, the cries of despair & torment, nor the crunch of the metal-foil hulls of the 6 mighty ships beneath his sneaker, but boy could he throw a Frisbee!

The END.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Oh no!!!
Funny that my daughter and I passed the frisbee and football yesterday.
I hope we didn't crush too many visitor ships!

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Lol! Awesome! This should be a "real" entry.

Nice one Gordi

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Noice..

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
top notch !

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Oh My! I did not see that ending coming! Kudos to you and appreciation for the enjoyable read!

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Great post

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Very nice influences of The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
aww shucks! LOL

Thanks guys - the story just sort of popped into my head and I thought that I'd share it here for a laugh, but I'm not allowed to enter the actual contests (if I'm organising & helping with scoring etc).

I do REALLY appreciate the comments though!

Thank You,
G

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Loved it, but you've got more stars and flags for it than mine already.

new topics

top topics

join