It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen King and his opinion on Trump golf ball tweet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Very strange, I remember reading about a child orgy it IT. It seemed out of place. It's at the end after the "losers" battle penny wise. Beverly is just like 'Hey guys let's have a gang bang". Then there's the gun rape in that other movie too.

The Stand, that's the other one. The book, not the mini series with the guy who played Dobber in Coach.

I've seen & read enough of Stephen King's work to know that the dude has severe problems. He's like Colbert, in that if he dislikes something, that's probably a point in favor of it.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

Dead Zone? Have meant to check it out. IT's scary clowns have some parallels with The Trump too. His skin looks like it is painted the crazy hair and his speeches are easy to laugh at.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: aliensanonymous
a reply to: Junkheap

Dead Zone? Have meant to check it out. IT's scary clowns have some parallels with The Trump too. His skin looks like it is painted the crazy hair and his speeches are easy to laugh at.

Well that's really reaching seeing as the book was written over 30 years ago.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Both of those things could be funny, and/or they could indicate that someone has a #ed-up mind. It's all about context. I've never read any of King's books, but just because sick things happen in them it doesn't make him a hypocrite. It's not like he made a joke about sex involving the child of his political opponent.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yeah, back in the 80's when he was hooked on drugs and jerking off to the child gangbangs he was writing about. This guy is #ed and the last person I would get political advice from.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

I could make a case that your imagination is more F'd than his with that post.
edit on 18-9-2017 by intrepid because: Bloody BB code.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

Both of those things could be funny, and/or they could indicate that someone has a #ed-up mind. It's all about context. I've never read any of King's books, but just because sick things happen in them it doesn't make him a hypocrite. It's not like he made a joke about sex involving the child of his political opponent.

No, but he does write pointless child orgies into his books.

Along similar lines: Back in high school we saw a movie version of Macbeth after we'd read the play. (This would have been junior or senior year.) The scene where Lady MacDuff and her son are killed was arranged to have the boy (aged, probably 6 - 8) completely naked, and standing in a tub being bathed. It was totally gratuitous child nudity, and added nothing to the story. My lit teacher was aghast when I suggested that the director was a pervert for including this. I still wonder if the guy was a pedophile.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

It's such a progressive piece of literature that happened to be written during a drug fueled binge. King 2020!

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: Cutepants

No, but he does write pointless child orgies into his books.

Have you read the book? Know the context?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Is this better for you guys?

Pfft.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

so which books should be burned first...the complete works of Shakespeare or King ?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
And let's be honest here. If King was a conservative ya'll would be saying this is artistic license. And Gryph would be attacking it.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The most disturbing Stephen King work for me was a short story called "Apt Pupil" in the book Different Seasons.

Hint: We are the monsters.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
And let's be honest here. If King was a conservative ya'll would be saying this is artistic license. And Gryph would be attacking it.

Uh ... what? Hmmm?

Jeez Intrepid.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yeah, anything that can make you feel sympathy for a Nazi is pretty disturbing.

edit on 18-9-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The most disturbing Stephen King work for me was a short story called "Apt Pupil" in the book Different Seasons.

Hint: We are the monsters.

Try Under the Dome. Necrophilia is rife. Makes sense though as Junior is a seriously disturbed individual.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I enjoyed tommy knockers and Cristina Almost bought a 58 fury look just like her . Man I would have never destroyed that car .
A car that fixes its self the dream car its worth a few lifes ( as long as there someone else lol .

King says he accutly dreams and writes about the dreams now that is creepy .
the stand is good But another one called Swan song Robert R. McCammon is a little better .

As for him tweeting about Trump it is called freedom of speech look it up .

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

He's an evil freak - what do you expect.

peace

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Are these people insane?

Yes, very much so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join