It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby is racist for having a display of cotton

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Thank God I'm 57 and will be dead, hopefully, within a few years, before this country completely goes to hell, thanks to these snowflakes. The generation of 18-25 year olds are the biggest bunch of wusses ever. They wouldn't know a real tragedy if it smacked them in the face with a two-by-four.

"Hobby Lobby’s ‘offensive’ decoration has gone bonkers viral — 33k Facebook reactions and counting"

Daniell Rider, a Hobby Lobby consumer, found a decoration at one of their stores so offensive, she shared the image on Facebook requesting that they remove the decor from their shelves. What was it? Rider on Thursday shared a photo of a shelf with glass bottles containing what appear to be replicas of raw cotton plants.

She captioned the photo, “This decor is WRONG on SO many levels. There is nothing decorative about raw cotton… A commodity which was gained at the expense of African-American slaves.” “A little sensitivity goes a long way,” she added. “PLEASE REMOVE THIS ‘decor.'”

www.theblaze.com...

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The natural progression of all this is that wearing cotton will be racist and offensive to the descendants of those who suffered due to the cotton trade.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I think those cotton boughs are lovely, and very "fall décor." Hobby Lobby has endured worse criticism and survived, I'm sure they'll fair this foul weather just fine too.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Thank God I'm 57 and will be dead, hopefully, within a few years, before this country completely goes to hell, thanks to these snowflakes. The generation of 18-25 year olds are the biggest bunch of wusses ever. They wouldn't know a real tragedy if it smacked them in the face with a two-by-four.

You sound just like my old grandpa."These kids today, I just don't know about them all, running around and cavorting and acting like a bunch a wild hellions, Kids today. Yep you sound just like him. The funny thing though is I'm 70 and he died 60 years ago.

+46 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hope those idiots don't get headaches.

edit on 17-9-2017 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The one i am waiting for is " The English Language Is Racist "

I wonder what language they would like everyone to use.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Ridiculous.

Silly.

Stupid.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

"a Hobby Lobby consumer"

Really? Glad you brought this to our attention.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Wearing cotton clothing should also be a sign of a racist too.
I mean, cotton is cotton, even after being processed into clothing.

What a bunch of looney crap this is turning into. These individuals coming up with this stuff must realize that cotton still grows on plants... right?

I hope they know that slaves picked corn, harvested wheat, rye and oats.... cut and raked hay, etc.
I guess that means that most agricultural products are a symbol of slavery.

edit on b000000302017-09-17T15:30:24-05:0003America/ChicagoSun, 17 Sep 2017 15:30:24 -0500300000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

The one i am waiting for is " The English Language Is Racist "

I wonder what language they would like everyone to use.

Ebonics

I use "cotton bacon" in my rda, its racist on so many levels. 1st its cotton so racisit towards black people, 2nd is the word bacon which is racist against muslims, 3rd its in a black packet which is a double racist blow to black people.

+48 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I was just at Home Depot and those racist friggin bastards had ropes for sale. ROPES!!!! And what are ropes made for? Exactly. Lynchings.

#HomeDepotSoRacist

link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

You sound just like my old grandpa."These kids today, I just don't know about them all, running around and cavorting and acting like a bunch a wild hellions, Kids today. Yep you sound just like him. The funny thing though is I'm 70 and he died 60 years ago.

So you agree with this ridiculous premise that cotton is offensive? They should then stop wearing clothes made out of cotton too.

+6 more 
link   

Sail boats will be racist next, cuz that's how the slaves got to America.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I suppose Peter CottonTail is next ?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I was just at Home Depot and those racist friggin bastards had ropes for sale. ROPES!!!! And what are ropes made for? Exactly. Lynchings.

#HomeDepotSoRacist

...........and I have a pair of slip on dress shoes. I think they're called black loafers. I guess that's racist too.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Oh. OOOOOHHHHHHH! I'm triggered now.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

found a decoration at one of their stores so offensive

Idiots like this could be offended by ANYTHING!!

The way I deal with these people is by just telling the truth,which is against all things politically correct.

Them: Don't you care about _________

Me:NO!!!! Go find a life and get the **** away from me.

edit on 17-9-2017 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Pc madness reigns unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I remember hearing that from my father. At least he had reasonable confidence I would grow up with a thick enough skin to get through life. Today's kids, I'm not so sure they'll be able to make it.

The "me" generation turned into the "no one but me" generation. No tolerance for anything that makes them fell less than wonderful.

edit on 9-17-2017 by LogicalGraphitti because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join